View Poll Results: Will you walk away if no ROTTR on PC/PS4?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    16 32.00%
  • No

    26 52.00%
  • I might hang around

    6 12.00%
  • Haven't thought about it

    2 4.00%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 127

Thread: Will you walk away?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    13

    Default

    More than likely if everything goes right I'll have an x1 by the new year, so I should be able to play the game day one, but I still hope for the game to come to the ps4.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
    My college has One's to play on.
    Lucky.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

  3. #28
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Yup.

    I was going to camp out for this game. Whatever they have available on day one– I'm getting. So if it's just the Xbox version I'm still going to be there because I can still go to my neighbors house. I can still have it on hand just in case I come across an Xbone, or just for the novelty of having it. And then I can play. My university has One's just for that.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    So you don't actually own an Xbox One? I thought you did judging by your fondness of them.

    Get dat Day 1 exclusive, tho.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    512

    Default

    I voted to hang around, Im waiting for the origin arc of the story line to finish and will pick up the games again when Lara is back to Tomb Raiding and going in both barrels blazing.

    Im excited for the next game after ROTR!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    31

    Default

    I don't care if this happens again but, sending death threats or r*pe to Camilla Luddington and spitting on their ps4 ver. of TRDE. Why would they do that to her though.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
    I voted to hang around, Im waiting for the origin arc of the story line to finish and will pick up the games again when Lara is back to Tomb Raiding and going in both barrels blazing.

    Im excited for the next game after ROTR!
    She'll be Tomb Raiding in ROTTR, though... Hence the developers saying they're putting the "Tombs" back in Tomb Raider.

    Quote Originally Posted by hipeople5100 View Post
    I don't care if this happens again but, sending death threats or r*pe to Camilla Luddington and spitting on their ps4 ver. of TRDE. Why would they do that to her though.
    Who did this, though? Never heard of such things till now.

    The rape threats are disgusting. People responsible should be apprehended and checked for any mental issues for the sake of the public. People that spit on their own purchased games have no good logical reasoning as CD already has their money and the edition that will remain in their hands and will only be affected by them. Poor things will have to clean it up once they give in to this. lol.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hipeople5100 View Post
    I don't care if this happens again but, sending death threats or r*pe to Camilla Luddington and spitting on their ps4 ver. of TRDE. Why would they do that to her though.
    Yeah all of that is totally inexcusable. Anyone that's sent those kinds of threats to Camilla or anyone else I hope law enforcement has paid them a visit.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    i might hang around.
    in case things should turn out for the better. now its just early to jump to this conclusion. still upset about it of course but this message is also very resent.
    signature image

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    31

    Default

    The death threats and stuff was on her twitter and other peoples twitter.

  11. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    Well, a developer can only do so much when they're restricted to remaking a 1996 title. Especially considering they never made it, they only have to go with the finished product. I think they done REALLY well considering. It could've been a bit better in the later segments, imo, but it was great nonetheless.

    I think if Core released their Anniversary edition, they could've done some pretty amazing things with it. Reason why is that they knew the vision they wanted to go with the game, so they could've taken advantage of the tech to give us a more enhanced version of that vision with some neat improvements.

    Anniversary is a great game, though and I liked that they changed some of the puzzles to take advantage of physics tech.
    Different opinions, and all that.

    For me, the centaur fight alone was a game ruiner (It took me hours, literally), but the ascent of the Great Pyramid was literally the point where I had to give up as I'm not sure it's even possible on PC. I must have tried that ascent fifty times, and I'm not a bad TR player by any stretch, but nothing I could do got me up it.

    One really bad thing in a game might be forgiveable, but two are not (And I'm only not counting the Tyrannosaur because you can hide in a corner and kill it).

    Both are appalling mistakes in what otherwise would have been a pretty good game. But still nowhere near as good as the original.
    Last edited by Elliot Kane; 08-16-2014 at 10:22 PM.
    signature image

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    764

    Default

    I will never turn my back on Lara Croft.
    signature image

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Vilcabamba
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Don't think I can turn my back, I have far too many years invested and I'm just hoping that it comes to PS4 so I can play it.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Hmmm. It's kind of dependent for me. Assuming they release the RotTR on PC/PS4 eventually then no, I'll stay tho will buy on sale. However, if they do not (which we're all pretty sure is unlikely) then I might. I mean, I'll be missing a chunk of the story without the sequel and no real way to fill it.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    But still nowhere near as good as the original.
    I can agree with this.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    Maybe because I am newer(the reboot being my first Tomb Raider game) I don't quite have the same attachment to the franchise as alot of you do.
    That's a perfectly fair assumption, but I like to think we all love Tomb Raider and Lara equally, so don't sell yourself short.

    Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    I also question why should anyone stick around and give money to a publisher/developer that doesn't value their support? Treating your fans like crap isn't a long term winning strategy.
    It's a good question, but one I don't have an answer for. I mean, it could be because I'm such a fan, I don't want to abandon the franchise for any reason. It could also be a selfish one; maybe I care too much about playing the game(s), that I ignore the business practices.

    I wouldn't say they don't value our support and I definitely don't think they're treating us like crap, per sei. It's definitely not respectful, their treating of us, but I try to empathise with them and take into account the fact that they're doing this for a reason. But while I do that, I also empathise with the fans who've been hurt by this more than I and can understand where they're coming from and why they may not want to support the company further.

    I know before I said "over one single game," but to some, that might be a bigger deal than I think it is.
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    That's a perfectly fair assumption, but I like to think we all love Tomb Raider and Lara equally, so don't sell yourself short.



    It's a good question, but one I don't have an answer for. I mean, it could be because I'm such a fan, I don't want to abandon the franchise for any reason. It could also be a selfish one; maybe I care too much about playing the game(s), that I ignore the business practices.

    I wouldn't say they don't value our support and I definitely don't think they're treating us like crap, per sei. It's definitely not respectful, their treating of us, but I try to empathise with them and take into account the fact that they're doing this for a reason. But while I do that, I also empathise with the fans who've been hurt by this more than I and can understand where they're coming from and why they may not want to support the company further.

    I know before I said "over one single game," but to some, that might be a bigger deal than I think it is.
    Well they definitely have been favoring the Xbox brand since Underworld with different kind of deals on DLC and now this.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    Well they definitely have been favoring the Xbox brand since Underworld with different kind of deals on DLC and now this.
    Well, I wouldn't say they favoured Xbox since Underworld; TR2013 was treated pretty equally on all platforms. But I understand your point.
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Birmingham , UK
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Well, I wouldn't say they favoured Xbox since Underworld; TR2013 was treated pretty equally on all platforms. But I understand your point.
    Well Xbox got all of TR2013's DLC before anyone else but at least other platforms got it after... unlike the Underworld DLC.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    If ROTTR for whatever reason does not come to PC, PS4, PS3 will you simply walk away from the franchise and never look back?
    I won't, if only because of the 'never say never' adage. As far as voting with the wallet goes I think it will be sufficient to not buy an Xbox - to refuse to buy anything that Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix/Microsoft will produce in the future will hurt myself a lot more than it will ever hurt them.

    I'll be buying a PS4 to play Temple on... and then wait for TR10, and if it won't come I'll watch the Let's Play videos on YouTube. And if then TR11 will come out on PS4 I'll play it on PS4 - though it probably won't happen that TR10 won't be released on PS4 but TR11 will - I mean that would be a very weird situation. In the worst case scenario I think TR10 will come out in a trilogy box containing TR 9, 10 and 11, some time after the release of 11...

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxGames View Post
    Well Xbox got all of TR2013's DLC before anyone else but at least other platforms got it after... unlike the Underworld DLC.
    I'd forgotten about that.
    Hmm, so I guess the company's relationship with Microsoft really does go all the way back to Underworld.
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Vilcabamba
    Posts
    694

    Default

    And there was the TR xbox controller last year!

  23. #48
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Padua, Italy
    Posts
    3,257

    Default

    And Guardian of Light was an Xbox timed exclusive.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Birmingham , UK
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrCroft View Post
    And there was the TR xbox controller last year!
    Yup, I forgot about that and it was a much better one whilst PS3 owners got the half-assed one..

  25. #50
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    U.S.G. Ishimura
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    No. I will not buy a system I don't want just to play it, but I am a TR fan and even if I never get to play another new TR ever, I still love the games. Hell, I STILL play all of them at least once a year, sometimes more. I'd be upset, yeah, but I've still got great games I can play anytime.

    I'd probably never forget what Crystal, Microsoft, or whoever takes away from me by being one console exclusive, but I'll also never forget what Crystal & Core have already given me. I am a Lara Croft fan now, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •