Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This game does NOT need multiplayer!!!

Default This game does NOT need multiplayer!!!

Multiplayer in Tomb Raider was garbage and everyone knows it. I rather have more content added in the main playthrough rather than multiplayer.

Anyone else agree?
    signature image

It probably won't have MP anyway. A few critics down rated the game simply because of the inclusion of MP (IIRC) and the reception was horrible from most people. Crystal will save multiplayer experiences to the "Lara Croft" spin-off series.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

Yeah, hoping it doesn't have one either.

Just put in extra challenges and replayability, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    A few critics down rated the game simply because of the inclusion of bad MP (IIRC) and the reception was horrible from most people.
    Multiplayer is fine by me, I'm not a "purist" or whatever. But I want good, original multiplayer.

(Like my Hunger Games arena style multiplayer idea... *cough*)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by darksaiyan View Post
    Multiplayer is fine by me, I'm not a "purist" or whatever. But I want good, original multiplayer.

But a hunger games kind of thing would take a lot of time, and they'd have to include a lot of survival stuff, like hunger and stuff

(I have no clue of what your idea was thought lol)
    signature image

MP was never needed in TR anyway. was the worst MP i have ever played. only touched it once and never ever again.
    but since M$ took over, they probably will not back out on this idea. after all, they want to make sure that people buy the box and can play with each other.
    signature image

You are correct, it doesn't need MP. I did however quite enjoy playing it. Yes it had its flaws but I played it quite a lot. It was good fun.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    You are correct, it doesn't need MP. I did however quite enjoy playing it. Yes it had its flaws but I played it quite a lot. It was good fun.
    Yeah I agree I enjoyed playing its MP too

I actually enjoyed the multiplayer and played it quite a lot after I had completed the game, but given the choice I would prefer more single player content than multiplayer because there are many other similar multiplayer games out there that manage to do it better. The main issue for me though was the lack of players, at certain times I'd really struggle to find a match, especially with the DLC maps installed, for the amount of times I managed to play them they really weren't worth buying :/

Quote Originally Posted by levyjl1988 View Post
    Multiplayer in Tomb Raider was garbage and everyone knows it. I rather have more content added in the main playthrough rather than multiplayer.

Anyone else agree?
    I actually enjoyed Multiplayer after I completed Single player 2 times. MP also seems to shorten the wait for "Rise of the Tomb Raider". But since this game probably won't be available for PS4, I don't couldn't care less

I played a bit of the multiplayer and when you could find matches, get in a game that didn't have all the pros on the same team and it didn't glitch well it was actually quite fun. Sadly that was really rare and so that same ammount of effort put into additional SP content would be more worthwhile.

Just thinking, you'll need Xbox gold membership for multiplayer won't you? (If I'm wrong I'm sorry!!!). It'll be interesting to see the amount of people online when it releases if so.

Quote Originally Posted by darksaiyan View Post

Maybe, but I don't want MP at all. I'm assuming they're already were struggling with budget with Rise, I don't want them to take any more money and time out for MP gameplay when the guys they ship it to can't even get the netcode right. I bet the netcode will be just as ty in Temple of Osiris.

TR = Singleplayer experience. ONLY.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

the multiplayer was one of the best things of this game. the multiplayer still motivates me to play TR. Every game should have a multiplayer and i still remember the interview with a TR dev when TR2013 released - he said the multiplayer revolution was like the 2D->3D revolution .. so true.

Quote Originally Posted by dandins View Post
    the multiplayer was one of the best things of this game. the multiplayer still motivates me to play TR. Every game should have a multiplayer and i still remember the interview with a TR dev when TR2013 released - he said the multiplayer revolution was like the 2D->3D revolution .. so true.
    That's interesting that you say that. For me I cannot stand MP, especially online. So I would hate the gaming community to try a push MP into everything because they believe they should, with the SP becoming malnourished. Sometimes a story needs to be an individual thing not a free-for-all

Quote Originally Posted by levyjl1988 View Post
    Multiplayer in Tomb Raider was garbage and everyone knows it.
    Actually, I liked the multiplayer in Tomb Raider. I don't think it's necessary at all - I'd actually prefer if it was excluded in ROTTR - but I found it fun at times when played with the right people, of course.
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

What...
    signature image

It's not necessary. But it's going to be there so just hope it's good.

I just hope that if it has to be there, then at least make a split-screen/off-line mode...
    Last edited by dark7angel; 08-19-2014 at 12:56 PM.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
    It's not necessary. But it's going to be there so just hope it's good.
    Has it been confirmed?

-----------------------------------------------

I've never played TR multiplayer so I cannot have an opinion. The sole fact that people dislike it so much, or even those who like it say that it isn't something special, tells me enough, I guess.
    Last edited by Ivana KC; 08-20-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    I just hope that if it has to be there, then at least make a split-screen/off-line mode...
    I agree. I'm not a huge fan of the multiplayer in TR, but split-screen would be awesome.

I like multiplayer but Tomb Raider shouldn't have it. The multiplayer in the reboot was just awful. Not every game should have competitive multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    Has it been confirmed?
    Maybe not directly like, "Yes RoTR will have mp." But in past Q&As they have talked about wanting to continue with mp.

I thought the multiplayer was okay but not really the big highlight of the game. It had many issue though and rather than working them out would be nice to see the money spent an explorable Croft Manor or better post completion SP modes like time trials or missions.
    signature image

thats what many people think these days that its a must have for games to have MP.
    i object to this.

sure its a matter of opinion but not every game needs MP. there are already enough people (like me) who dont want every game to have it. but unfortunately a lot of people dont even look or buy a game because it does not contain any MP what so ever. deus ex HR, HL series and more.
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast