Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This game does NOT need multiplayer!!!

I didn't like MP to be completely honest. I'd rather replay the game over and over than play on that..well garbage really.

Singlplayer was amazing and should be the best part of a game always but multiplayer was decent. It really added to the repeatability of the game. Single players weapon customization helped too. Multiplayer loadouts made the game whole lot more enjoyable as did the various game modes like rescue and deathmatch.

Single player should keep the mass enemy fighting and add WAY more diverse tombs with more puzzles and advancement. They should also keep relics, journals, and treasures.

The first game rocked keep it that way and fix the flaws. I buy the comics, the old games (all of them), and collectIbles like the Lara craft survivor statue because the reboot was so good.

I hope that the Rise Of The Tomb Raider is amazing too.

The multiplayer isn't that bad but the quality of it falls below that of the rest of the game and that makes it stand out. I think the games would be as good without it.

They wasted so much money on the MP for Tomb Raider in the last game that it completely robbed the main dev team of the game of the ability to develop more of the game to make it a complete experience which was sad. Hopefully that doesnt happen this time and no MP is included so the game can be more successful.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
    They wasted so much money on the MP for Tomb Raider in the last game that it completely robbed the main dev team of the game of the ability to develop more of the game to make it a complete experience which was sad. Hopefully that doesnt happen this time and no MP is included so the game can be more successful.
    I don't think so. SP and MP were developed independently of each other by two different teams.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

I get the feeling that the teams got into the mindset of "we made this, it's fun!". And then got the positive response of some players who were already hyped, like Zack Levi and such. But then, they were touting it as exciting and different - but it was basically a carbon copy of other MP games like Gears of War (environmental effects, capture and hold etc).

It's not enough to love the franchise for the component to succeed. The first step, I think, should be asking "what can we do, that hasn't been done before, and make it fun?"
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by darksaiyan View Post

It's not enough to love the franchise for the component to succeed. The first step, I think, should be asking "what can we do, that hasn't been done before, and make it fun?"
    <--------- raises hand frantically!

Lord Matok: Oh! Oh! I know! Iiiiiiii knooooooooowwwwwwwwww!
    (please pick me.....please pick me.....I got this answer.....)

Darksaiyan: (looking with knowing regret)... Yessssss....Lord Martok....what would you do to make it fun?

Lord Martok: (sits up in his seat proudly). Add on a multiplayer mode!

You can hear crickets chirp, and pins drop as Martok sits with a self-satisfied and completely oblivious grin. I say oblivious because everyone else in the room is looking at Martok as if he were the next desginated target on a "I wanna kill you" list.

Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

I don't think Rise of the Tomb Raider needs multiplayer. I couldn't stand the multiplayer on TR2013. It felt very unpolished. I did have fun playing with friends, but that was really it.

Leave it for the spin-offs. Just like the original Mario games would suck with MP, but Mario Kart is great fun.

No MP for main series in my opinion.
    ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by Eros View Post
    But a hunger games kind of thing would take a lot of time, and they'd have to include a lot of survival stuff, like hunger and stuff

(I have no clue of what your idea was thought lol)
    It's in the TR and MP marriage thread:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...80&postcount=6
    Starts at post 6 and sorta keeps going.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    <--------- raises hand frantically!
    *slaps hand down* :P

I did mean in the realm of multiplayer, but I get your point. I feel that there was a sense of "let's do what works for everyone else, with a few changes".
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Scion's_Eye View Post
    Leave it for the spin-offs. Just like the original Mario games would suck with MP, but Mario Kart is great fun.

No MP for main series in my opinion.

29 million copies sold. 'Nuff said.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by darksaiyan View Post
    It's in the TR and MP marriage thread:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...80&postcount=6
    Starts at post 6 and sorta keeps going.

*slaps hand down* :P

I did mean in the realm of multiplayer, but I get your point. I feel that there was a sense of "let's do what works for everyone else, with a few changes".

Ow.

Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post

29 million copies sold. 'Nuff said.
    You get what I mean.
    ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

I finally checked out the mp in TR this morning. And I gotta say this: Sorry to everyone who was stuck with me on their team.

I only got a brief glimpse of it, as I kept getting shot in the head a bunch of times. But I get the impression that everyone that wasn't frustrated at me was having a good time. It wasn't packed, but it wasn't empty. To me, it seemed no different then any other online MP game I've played. And MP has just never been my thing.

If they bring it back, I'd like a separate trophy bracket for it.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

I'd love for ROtTR to have a similiar MP of Call of Duty. Playable side missions. Of course in this sense it would be tombs puzzles.
    I can't say I cared much for the MP in the Reboot but it wasn't horrendous either. I don't think it took away from anything.
    signature image

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12