Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: This series will never recover

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Keeley fans, Camilla fans...
    Ah yes, there's that, too

Now bow your head in shame so I can decapitate you, filthy infidel. For Shelley Blond is the one and only true VA and all others are false prophets!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

BLASPHEMERS, THE LOT OF YE'!
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Most things CD does is right. It was their idea to reboot Tomb Raider in the first place, they had control over the look, the creation of the game, merchandising, and the definitive edition too. And now they decided it should be released on Xbox.

It'll release on all platforms. Xbox and Microsoft is just a means to an end for CD (for finance) and vice versa.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
    Most things CD does is right. It was their idea to reboot Tomb Raider in the first place, they had control over the look, the creation of the game, merchandising, and the definitive edition too. And now they decided it should be released on Xbox.
    That doesn't mean this exclusivity decision is right. Most things Core did were right but they are not about today.

Quote Originally Posted by gitb90 View Post
    Remember when Square Enix didn't like the original TR sales?
    SE had nothing to do with the franchise in 1996. The sales of the original TR (and that is TR1 not TR(2013)) spawned our whole series.
    signature image

Yeah I meant TR 2013 but as in original sales before a year or two after release

I remember a time when it was Micro$haft's policy that if they had a timed exclusive on a third party IP, they still managed to finagle a deal that the versions when finally released on competing consoles could not have all the bells and whistles as their Xbox/Xbox 360 versions.

This kinda makes me glad that Bungie (original makers of Halo series before giving it up to 343 Studios...re: the new Micro$haft slaves) will be developing exclusive content for Destiny on PS4/PS3, even though the game is multi-platform for all major video game consoles that can actually handle Destiny.

Sorry, but my love affair with Xbox is pretty much done. After the b.s. they tried to pull with Xbone, M$ has pretty much permanently lost a potential customer for that console. I'll just stick with my 360....and otherwise continue to enjoy the evolution of the Sony platforms.

I used to actually enjoy owning consoles from both Sony and Micro$haft....but I'm pretty much exclusively a Sony supporter now.

We're jumping the gun on the thread topic here. Just wait a minute now. Can Tomb Raider survive off of one console's worth of sales?

I mean it's a new time. The time to bask in the excellence of Xbox. Microsoft may have made a few missteps, but they've spend the past 6 months trying to prove that they're in to win.

If anyone is going to have great titles, it's Xbox. I've learned that. I've never been a fanboy or anything like that for consoles. I just buy one to play Tomb Raider and a few other games.

And I always said that if there was a new console coming out, it better have something new. Well, the Xbox has that.i'm just saying, I used to be confused on which console to purchase. Since I always used to have PS3. But more and more I've been thinking about going Xbox.

It's still a hard choice though.

I don't believe you for a second, motoleo. Every single one of your posts just ooze fanboyism.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    Sorry, but my love affair with Xbox is pretty much done. After the b.s. they tried to pull with Xbone, M$ has pretty much permanently lost a potential customer for that console.
    Same here, that pushed me away from Xbone for good. The current bs from Crystal D is starting to do the exact same thing. Still waiting to see what they have to say to their community next.
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996)
    signature image

With all this posting about being "done". It just seems like this is the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of people, but at the same time there's still more exclusives to come. So, what are you going to do? Not play anything? I mean don't you have some games that you want to play on your backlog that exclusively advertises that it's going to Xbox first? I do. That's not fanboyism, that's just what it is. And you always had to make sacrifices if you were going to be the first to play so I just see this as the Xbox gamers are going to play first, that's all it is.

It's really early on so that's why they're not making a lot of statements right now.

There's no denying that over the years, the Xbox brand has had some great titles....Chief among them likely being Halo. (or should I say Master Chief among them? ). And I have been glad to play them. There's also every possibility that Xbone can recover from the PR frak ups....it might gain some ground, but it's gonna take a lot of convincing to disenchanted ex-Box fans and gamers to help the system gain even a respectable "place" standing in the current console competition.

But those weren't just "missteps" M$ made with Xbone. (although for brevity's sake, I'll use that term in the loosest possible sense in this post) Those were royal frak ups. Even their chief apologist, Major Nelson, couldn't help sway larger public opinion back toward Xbox One, as they were still insistent on sticking to those horse hockey policies they tried to implement. Even getting rid of their one PR guy who always had a very condescending view of anyone who opposed the policies didn't help. Then, when they did their 11th hour recant of those policies, they did it simply so they could say: "Because we listened to you, the gamers!". My torocacameter pegged at that point. It was another PR stunt, plain and simple. For every "misstep" they took, they took ten more "missteps" to try and cover their tracks. Even Elmer Fudd could trace the mess back to the b.s. "Shhhhh....be vewy, vewy quiet. I'm hunting apowogists! Wook! Habit twacks! Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh!"

There's every possibiwity.....er...possibility (Thanks a lot, Elmer....now you've got me talking wike.....gaaahhh.....like that!) that TR might actually do well on Xbone. I just won't be getting it on Xbone....neither will millions of others who have been put out by M$'s "missteps". Largely, this means I'll be missing two more good Halo titles, Dead Rising 3, and some others....but....I just ain't feelin' any great sense of loss. If they were on any kind of backlog I had before, they're pretty mich erased from said backlog now. Even my roommate, who was a hardcore Xbox fan, is disinclined to acquiesce to Micro$haft's PR spins. (means "no"!). He still loves his 360, but refuses to get an Xbone. He's been leaning more toward Sony because M$ tried their b.s. on their supporters/fans, and lost a great many of them.

Yes, this deal between SE/CD/Eidos and Micro$haft has put out a lot of supporters/fans of the TR series....especially those who are disinclined to wait out the limited exclusivity period. Supposedly, at first, this was going to be a hardline exclusive for M$, and then it got switched to "timed exclusivity". For the hardcore TR fans, even a two month deal might seem like an eternity.

And when folk and fanboys of M$ can only offer up: "Well, buy an Xbone instead!", that only shows that this was a desperation move by M$ to sell more consoles, and an obsequeous ploy to try and help push a console that, right now, has only marignally more appeal than a Nintendo Virtual Boy. It's the same smuggery that that Dan Mattrick guy pulled when he said: "Well, if you still want to play offline, or don't have an internet connection, buy an Xbox 360!" Well, I guess fanboys will follow in the footsteps of their heroes.
    Last edited by Lord Martok; 08-26-2014 at 06:15 AM.

I'm not talking about any one of your opinions, motoleo. I'm talking about your posting style. I think anyone who has been following your posts (including those dozens you deleted) will see what I mean about the fanboy vibe you're giving off.

Anyway, I don't want to argue about it.

Microsoft is like that spoiled kid who has to be first or a major temper - tantrum will be thrown. I am not a fan of COD but they've done that for years with COD DLC getting it a month earlier than Playstation. I mean what do you gain over 1 month earlier access?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    Microsoft is like that spoiled kid who has to be first or a major temper - tantrum will be thrown. I am not a fan of COD but they've done that for years with COD DLC getting it a month earlier than Playstation. I mean what do you gain over 1 month earlier access?
    I can agree with that question. It's not like Xbox players take on PlayStation players in multiplayer. And if the game is good enough, it will sell on all consoles like hotcakes....but it is still a rub to the fans and supporters of the games on other consoles when M$ smugly advertises: "DLC on Xbox first!"

The first reboot of TR sold fairly well...at least in the eyes of the consumer, if not in the eyes of Square Enix. This move to make RotTR a timed exclusive on Xbone is extremely risky, given Square Enix's logic. If it only sells (relatively speaking) on Xbone the way the reboot sold on all consoles, then Square Enix is going to view it as another failure....and possibly put the TR series' future in peril.

Unhappy

I like the points Lord Martok made. It makes me sad though to see the resistance between the fans and Microsoft. First the undeniably disingenuous PR statements and clarifying follow up statements. And the fans aversion to new technology because of it. But most of all it's all unnecessary because, I assume that after all the dust has cleared and the exclusivity is over, there's the possibility that SE will find refuge in sales of the PS4 and PC versions of the game. But! As Murphdawg1 says, we'll have to see. So hold your horses.

And I'm sorry about my post coming off as brooding and inconsiderate. You'll have to get to know me better.

I sooner buy a WiiU than a Xbone. I can wait. I have more games than time to play them. Only Naughty Dog Games and Tomb Raider 2013 I bought, when released. Everything else I buy later. I have friggin TIME. Microsoft has no time. They digged their own grave already. I wish for them to recover, because Sony needs to have some competition. But thats honestly the only reason I wish them to recover.

I just hope SE does this exclusive deal once and then no more. Cause I hope for TR games after Rise.
    Would killing me make us even?

...And the fans aversion to new technology because of it...
    Not to sound like a fanboy, but the PS4 is slightly better and ignoring that fact, either console is 'new technology' so no, we're not avoiding it, we're choosing to go with out personal favourites. Our decision shouldn't be dictated to us by some conglomerate company with dollar signs for eyes, it should be for our own choice, like it always has been. I really don't get what's so difficult to understand about that. It's not our fault, we are the ones who are being wronged.

Even getting rid of their one PR guy who always had a very condescending view of anyone who opposed the policies didn't help.
    Who are you talking about?

BTW, lol @ Fudd impression

And the fans aversion to new technology because of it.
    Where do you get off making the ridiculous claim that fans have an aversion to new technology? What new technology are you talking about and who are these fans who supposedly have an aversion to it? We need source links...

And I'm sorry about my post coming off as brooding and inconsiderate. You'll have to get to know me better.
    I might be willing to you another chance depending on how you answer my question above

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Who are you talking about?

BTW, lol @ Fudd impression

<--------takes a bow.

Dan Mattrick, that was that guy's name...the guy who said thay if you didn't want to have your console constantly online, or if you didn't have internet, then buy an Xbox 360. That is sooooo Micro$haft. If you can't afford the latest and greatest, well, it sucks to be you.

<--------takes a bow.

Dan Mattrick, that was that guy's name...the guy who said thay if you didn't want to have your console constantly online, or if you didn't have internet, then buy an Xbox 360. That is sooooo Micro$haft. If you can't afford the latest and greatest, well, it sucks to be you.
    Ah yes, I remember that tweet. Well, can't say that I feel sorry for him

Aye...tis no great loss....considering how much he was losing with his smuggery,

Smile

I agree, the online community is now pretty much dead, it was dying before kept on life support by new releases and Crystal Dynamics great efforts to work with the TR community globally.

The people at Crystal Dynamics who made the decision to go exclusive sadly killed what was left of the community leaving it in flame wars and console fanboyism something that isnt TR releated at all. Floods of new users in online communities either just to troll, or be fanboys post now which has nothing to do really with anything TR community related.

Whoever did that is a bad bad person... Communities take years to build, like that saying uhhhh, it only takes a second to lose a customer but years to gain a loyal customer.

I hope they do EXTENSIVE outreach to the community, comicons, etc.... The community is who goes out talking about how awesome our Lara Croft is. The community is like the cool online version of a real life big brother who smokes and has that slutty girlfriend, haha. not sure if that was a good way to deliver the point but without anyone saying its cool from the core community, people outside will care even less.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Where do you get off making the ridiculous claim that fans have an aversion to new technology? What new technology are you talking about and who are these fans who supposedly have an aversion to it? We need source links...
    To answer that question, I will put it quite simply: Why aren't people comparing these consoles apples to apples? They're only judging it based on the relationship with the company. Things have changed and the Xbox we got is not the Xbox that was described, prerelease, in countless articles. Let's face it. The Xbox is what it is, the policies that Microsoft were going to implement, were not implemented.

With all this posting about being "done". It just seems like this is the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of people, but at the same time there's still more exclusives to come. So, what are you going to do? Not play anything? I mean don't you have some games that you want to play on your backlog that exclusively advertises that it's going to Xbox first? I do. That's not fanboyism, that's just what it is. And you always had to make sacrifices if you were going to be the first to play so I just see this as the Xbox gamers are going to play first, that's all it is.

It's really early on so that's why they're not making a lot of statements right now.
    Still trolling huh?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast