Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: This series will never recover

Quote Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
    Lol, it's funny how PS4 owners just got thrown under the bus!
    How's that funny? What if Batman Arkham Knight wasn't coming to Xbox or was a timed exclusive for Playstation?

So far I think Sony & Microsoft have only sold new consoles to about a quarter of the total market for gamers. And now it's round two. While Sony had a good head start, Sony's lack of exclusive titles are what's going to contribute to the PS4's poor sales for the upcoming quarter.

So far I think Sony & Microsoft have only sold new consoles to about a quarter of the total market for gamers. And now it's round two. While Sony had a good head start, Sony's lack of exclusive titles are what's going to contribute to the PS4's poor sales for the upcoming quarter.
    I doubt it, people will still buy the PS4 simply because multiplats are better on PS4.

The people that think that games play better on the PS4 are probably the same people that wouldn't support the Xbox One even if the Xbox had better specs (even though they're already comparable.)

The people that think that games play better on the PS4 are probably the same people that wouldn't support the Xbox One even if the Xbox had better specs (even though they're already comparable.)
    What about the parent who is trying to decide which console to get their kid or themselves for Christmas? If Walmart, Target, Best Buy employee says "Well this game is at 1080p on the PS4, and 720p on Xbox One", guess which one most people will likely pick up even without really any knowledge of technology

Back to xbox fanboyism, are we, motoleo...

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

^

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    What about the parent who is trying to decide which console to get their kid or themselves for Christmas? If Walmart, Target, Best Buy employee says "Well this game is at 1080p on the PS4, and 720p on Xbox One", guess which one most people will likely pick up even without really any knowledge of technology
    But who would say that? The Xbox One is 4K ready, due to its 4.1 HDMI cable. Not even the PS4 has that. If the game can't run at 1080p on an Xbox, then it was the game makers fault.

^

But who would say that? The Xbox One is 4K ready, due to its 4.1 HDMI cable. Not even the PS4 has that. If the game can't run at 1080p on an Xbox, then it was the game makers fault.
    For movies maybe but how many movies are actually going to do 4K anytime soon? 4K as a mainstream thing is still a ways off, also know it's not the makers fault, the Xbox One hardware is weaker than the PS4, it has slower RAM and it's GPU is weaker than that of the PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    For movies maybe but how many movies are actually going to do 4K anytime soon? 4K as a mainstream thing is still a ways off, also know it's not the makers fault, the Xbox One hardware is weaker than the PS4, it has slower RAM and it's GPU is weaker than that of the PS4.
    True. Can't argue with that.

Aye, I think it's going to take quite a while for 4K to really take off. The players and tv's required for such playback are so expensive that only affluent early-adopters will even bother to get it. I know it is usually that way for most new technologies. Hell, I bet they said the same thing about Compact Disc players so long ago.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

If CD start thinking only about the 1/4 to 1/3 of it's fanbase that have Xbox consoles then the series will be trouble. Sending out a message that you don't value most of your fans is as the title says terrible PR. All the cryptic answers in CD's PR and patronising the rest of us who care when the game is coming out on our own consoles is doing big damage to perseptions of CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie.T.Raider View Post
    If CD start thinking only about the 1/4 to 1/3 of it's fanbase that have Xbox consoles then the series will be trouble. Sending out a message that you don't value most of your fans is as the title says terrible PR. All the cryptic answers in CD's PR and patronising the rest of us who care when the game is coming out on our own consoles is doing big damage to perseptions of CD.
    Funny thing is I don't care any more. Apathy is probably worse than anger for t u is situation. This forum seems to have really slowed down. Side effect of alienating over 2/3rds of your audience?

Quote Originally Posted by Leon S. Kennedy View Post
    This forum seems to have really slowed down. Side effect of alienating over 2/3rds of your audience?
    I think it's just part of a forum cycle. When a new game is announced, shedloads of people sign up new to the forums. We all speculate and debate for a few weeks/months, and I think eventually some people just find they have nothing left to say they've not already said before. Look how many people just enrolled on the day of the exclusivity announcement just to voice their disdain.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

^

ummm 4.1 is just a spec...the PS4 as long as it can process the signal can send 4k out it's hdmi port and as long as the tv supports it and the cable is decent quality, it will work just fine...
    people made the same claims about 3d and needing a special hdmi port, it was all rubbish though cause 3d works just fine on any hdmi port

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    I think it's just part of a forum cycle. When a new game is announced, shedloads of people sign up new to the forums. We all speculate and debate for a few weeks/months, and I think eventually some people just find they have nothing left to say they've not already said before. Look how many people just enrolled on the day of the exclusivity announcement just to voice their disdain.
    Yup. We see these periods of low activity often when there's no news coming out for a while. Things will pick up again when the next batch of assets will be released, don't worry. It's normal

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

We have to hope now our great community rep is back that CD start getting more feedback relayed back to them. I have to wonder how much CD knew what was going to happen when the announced the deal and did it anyway or if they made a real miscalculation on the response. if it's the latter we are okay but if it's the first then that terrible Spector of the permanent exclusive is much more a danger.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910