Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 78

Thread: Vote With Your Wallet And Don't Allow Third Party Exclusivity In The Industry. Enough

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default Vote With Your Wallet And Don't Allow Third Party Exclusivity In The Industry. Enough

    Microsoft and Crystal Dynamics announced a timed-exclusive deal that effectively cuts off 3/4 of their fanbase. Exclusivity deals like this do nothing but hurt gamers and the industry

    I know most people will say whatever but just hear me out. I don't expect you to never buy the title like me but buy it used, buy on Ebay, share with all the everyone or <mod edit>. Whatever you can so Crystal Dynamics never sees that money.

    Thank you! Happy Gaming!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Dat username.

    Just don't buy an Xbone and the Xbone version. They'll take the hint.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sony_prophet View Post
    Microsoft and Crystal Dynamics announced a timed-exclusive deal that effectively cuts off 3/4 of their fanbase. Exclusivity deals like this do nothing but hurt gamers and the industry

    I know most people will say whatever but just hear me out. I don't expect you to never buy the title like me but buy it used, buy on Ebay, share with all the everyone or <mod edit>. Whatever you can so Crystal Dynamics never sees that money.

    Thank you! Happy Gaming!
    While you may not like the deal that has been done, surely you love TR or you wouldn't be here. SE must have made the deal because it is lucrative, and if that is so surely by making money they can continue to make the game series that we love.

    I understand that you may be annoyed, but isn't this just cutting off your nose to spite your face? (I don't believe for a minute that people boycotting the game will have much effect on sales because once it is out people will buy it.)
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    Dat username.

    Just don't buy an Xbone and the Xbone version. They'll take the hint.
    Yeah, sounds good...

    If it were an infinate exclusive I would support a total boycot, but this will do fine.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    220'10"S 4752'38"W
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    While you may not like the deal that has been done, surely you love TR or you wouldn't be here. SE must have made the deal because it is lucrative, and if that is so surely by making money they can continue to make the game series that we love.
    See the poll in the other thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=153453): currently 67 No / 9 Yes. This makes about 7.5 people NOT buying the game for each person willing to. We all want to guarantee that they have lucrative deals so they can keep making the game series that we love. We want to buy games in order for them to keep making games. This is lucrative. We pay, we get new games. One software corporation giving money so 7 out of 8 Tomb Raider fans CANNOT play the next game is not lucrative. We don't get a game, the producers and publishers sell less copies, the game series looses fans. This is lucrative for Microsoft only. They want to boost sales of their console. They couldn't care less about Tomb Raider and the supporting community.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    I understand that you may be annoyed, but isn't this just cutting off your nose to spite your face? (I don't believe for a minute that people boycotting the game will have much effect on sales because once it is out people will buy it.)
    I'm not boycotting anything. I'm being boycotted. Not buying a game released for a platform I do not own (mine is by the way a PC running Microsoft Windows) is no boycott.
    signature image

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BosniaAndHerzegovina
    Posts
    3,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QiX View Post
    See the poll in the other thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=153453): currently 67 No / 9 Yes. This makes about 7.5 people NOT buying the game for each person willing to. We all want to guarantee that they have lucrative deals so they can keep making the game series that we love. We want to buy games in order for them to keep making games. This is lucrative. We pay, we get new games. One software corporation giving money so 7 out of 8 Tomb Raider fans CANNOT play the next game is not lucrative. We don't get a game, the producers and publishers sell less copies, the game series looses fans. This is lucrative for Microsoft only. They want to boost sales of their console. They couldn't care less about Tomb Raider and the supporting community.



    I'm not boycotting anything. I'm being boycotted. Not buying a game released for a platform I do not own (mine is by the way a PC running Microsoft Windows) is no boycott.
    Preach it!
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QiX View Post
    They couldn't care less about Tomb Raider and the supporting community.
    ...and some of the community don't care about CD/SE. How do you know this deal isn't part of their survival? How do you know that without this deal that the next TR would struggle to be developed? I am not defending anyone, just putting an opposing viewpoint. Again, the point is that it isn't in their interest to not release the game on other platforms.

    Also CD have in the past shown enough on this forum alone to show that they DO care about their community so I think you are wrong to say this.



    Quote Originally Posted by QiX View Post
    I'm not boycotting anything. I'm being boycotted. Not buying a game released for a platform I do not own (mine is by the way a PC running Microsoft Windows) is no boycott.
    So will you buy it when it is released on PC? As XB1 is my next console of choice I will happily buy it new, and a special edition if there is one I like the look of. If I was going to get a PS4 I would do the same, I would just need to wait a few more weeks.
    Last edited by Tecstar70; 08-14-2014 at 02:10 AM.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QiX View Post
    See the poll in the other thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=153453): currently 67 No / 9 Yes. This makes about 7.5 people NOT buying the game for each person willing to. We all want to guarantee that they have lucrative deals so they can keep making the game series that we love. We want to buy games in order for them to keep making games. This is lucrative. We pay, we get new games. One software corporation giving money so 7 out of 8 Tomb Raider fans CANNOT play the next game is not lucrative. We don't get a game, the producers and publishers sell less copies, the game series looses fans. This is lucrative for Microsoft only. They want to boost sales of their console. They couldn't care less about Tomb Raider and the supporting community.



    I'm not boycotting anything. I'm being boycotted. Not buying a game released for a platform I do not own (mine is by the way a PC running Microsoft Windows) is no boycott.
    It might come to Pc too.... I think M$ wants to outsell ps4 sales , due to low xbone sales...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    612

    Default

    If we don't buy the game at all MS will then say look at how few copies sold on PS4/PC and then use that to do it again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Also CD have in the past shown enough on this forum alone to show that they DO care about their community so I think you are wrong to say this.
    MeaganMarie was the main person who actually cared and not just because that was her role.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintmelody View Post
    MeaganMarie was the main person who actually cared and not just because that was her role.
    Meagan was indeed the official mouthpiece in her role however look at all the Q&A's, audio blogs, interviews etc where CD clearly showed they valued the community input. They didn't have to have that kind of dialogue. They could have just done what they wanted and put it out regardless. I am not suggesting they are perfect, but to suggest they don't care is IMO wrong.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Padua, Italy
    Posts
    3,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    They could have just done what they wanted and put it out regardless.
    Which is what they're doing now.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    Which is what they're doing now.
    So your saying that CD have not included any fan feedback in the development of ROTTR which is the counter to the claim that they don't care about the community?
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Padua, Italy
    Posts
    3,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    So your saying that CD have not included any fan feedback in the development of ROTTR which is the counter to the claim that they don't care about the community?
    Nope, sorry, my fault.
    I misread your post.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    Nope, sorry, my fault.
    I misread your post.
    No probs!
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    at the moment im still between if i should get it or not. if or once this game is out for PC.

    its clear that M$ tries now everything to sell their box as much as they can. just pretending if they care so much for TR or not, thats something we will never know for sure.
    signature image

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    at the moment im still between if i should get it or not. if or once this game is out for PC.

    its clear that M$ tries now everything to sell their box as much as they can. just pretending if they care so much for TR or not, thats something we will never know for sure.
    I don't think MS care for the actual game as such, just for what it can do for them in terms of sales for the Xbox. To them it's just a popular game. It could be any game TBH. They could have done it with Watchdogs, Assassins Creed or Arkham.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bournemouth, UK
    Posts
    5,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    I don't think MS care for the actual game as such, just for what it can do for them in terms of sales for the Xbox. To them it's just a popular game. It could be any game TBH. They could have done it with Watchdogs, Assassins Creed or Arkham.
    For all we know, they tried but were turned down

    But then, I don't think Ubisoft would risk losing sales like that anyway
    Last edited by a big house; 08-14-2014 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Damn typos

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    For all we know, they tired but were turned down

    But then, I don't think Ubisoft would risk losing sales like that anyway

    yeah, ubi is generally not at the most loved company by gamers list. i still keep buying their games though but they do work. so far i never had any issue with their AC games. or recently, child of light.
    signature image

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Meagan was indeed the official mouthpiece in her role however look at all the Q&A's, audio blogs, interviews etc where CD clearly showed they valued the community input. They didn't have to have that kind of dialogue. They could have just done what they wanted and put it out regardless. I am not suggesting they are perfect, but to suggest they don't care is IMO wrong.
    So where are they now? Day 2 after their terrible PR blunder. You'd think they'd be coming here to clarify things after the backlash they have taken. The longer they wait the chances of any game info they put out could get trolled by bitter fans wanting answers.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    35

    Default

    They probably can't say anything. Microsoft was being generous by even offering the 'duration' statement. Here's hoping I'm wrong and they apologize (a real apology) and explain exactly what this exclusive entails.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    So where are they now? Day 2 after their terrible PR blunder. You'd think they'd be coming here to clarify things after the backlash they have taken. The longer they wait the chances of any game info they put out could get trolled by bitter fans wanting answers.
    How much of a PR blunder it is is subjective. CD won't be allowed to comment because SE has told them not to. SE won't clarify things because they don't want to compromise their deal. At some stage the details of the Xbox exclusivity will out and so will the PC/PS4 release date. In 14 to 16 months time when the PC/PS4 versions are released (my prediction) people will buy it or they won't regardless (in the main) of what is said now or in the future (barring terrible reviews). They expected an outcry and got it. They knew they would. When you are in business you take these decisions and roll with any punches. Like it or not that's the truth, and if people want answers now don't hold your breath.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    How much of a PR blunder it is is subjective. CD won't be allowed to comment because SE has told them not to. SE won't clarify things because they don't want to compromise their deal. At some stage the details of the Xbox exclusivity will out and so will the PC/PS4 release date. In 14 to 16 months time when the PC/PS4 versions are released (my prediction) people will buy it or they won't regardless (in the main) of what is said now or in the future (barring terrible reviews). They expected an outcry and got it. They knew they would. When you are in business you take these decisions and roll with any punches. Like it or not that's the truth, and if people want answers now don't hold your breath.
    Totally agree . But I don't think SE would risk THAT MUCH.
    But as you said , time cures everything!!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CroftManiac View Post
    Totally agree . But I don't think SE would risk THAT MUCH.
    But as you said , time cures everything!!

    this or by keeping us waiting even more, people will still be frustrated, if not even more.
    signature image

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Brighton UK
    Posts
    854

    Default

    I enjoyed reading that...
    signature image
    PSN username - Kiss-Byte & XboxLive username - KissBite

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •