Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Vote With Your Wallet And Don't Allow Third Party Exclusivity In The Industry. Enough

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Just a basic question without taking into account all the argument points around the situation....

IF RottR is seen to fail, and SE decide they are not going to throw any more money at it so no more TR games for the foreseeable future, how would people feel about that?
    I would rather there be no Tomb Raider in production, than a Tomb Raider that is whored out for a quick buck, and only to 1/3 of a fanbase. It's downright disrespectful and Lara (as well as the community) deserve better. This will be the last time a deal like this happens I think. Sales will either never justify M$ paying for another deal, ending SE giving the franchise a chance (after having said last TR failed to meet sales expectations)- or they will learn, and release it back on all systems whilst lowering their insane expectations. I wish reps from Square read these comments and knew how they're making the fans feel. CD should have it out with them.
    signature image
    https://twitter.com/damiandee1230

There are those who think that Sega is responsible for Aliens:Colonial Marines turning out lackluster as it did, and threatened to boycott Sega when it came to all Alien games in the future. If everyone felt like that, then a magnificent game like Alien Isolation would never have gotten the success it is currently enjoying.

The thing is: the mishandling of Colonial Marines was not Sega's fault. They provided money to Gearbox, who in turn took that money and invested it into their flagship series for Borderlands 2, and outsourced Colonial Marines to a lesser developer, and then took the remaining few weeks or months to "make final tweaks" to the game....and we, the gamers, got the poorly received, critically panned (yet, for some reason, monetarily successful) Colonial Marines.

But folks wanted to blame Sega. I'm glad cooler heads prevailed, because Isolation is a survival horror game for the ages.

Now let's jump to Tomb Raider. This is deliberate mishandling by Squeenix, the publisher, whilst under the hypnotic gaze of a lot of money from Microsoft. If the game, as well as any game published by Squeenix, is boycotted, well...that's something that Squeenix brought on themselves, and for their grave mistake, other developers under their thumb will be made to suffer. It's not the other devs' faults, and it's certainly not the gamers' fault. It is Squeenix's for jumping into bed with the devil.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

you made me think of this.
    https://jrfibonacci.files.wordpress....devil2copy.jpg

the image up loader didnt work for me.
    signature image

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234