Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrible terrible PR

Default Terrible terrible PR

With what appears to be a confirmation from Phil Spencer that Rise of The Tomb Raider is only a timed exclusive all of this could have been avoided with better PR and respect for all the fans. A simple "Get Rise of the Tomb Raider first on Xbox." Would have been much more clarifying similar to how Xbox advertises COD DLC. Yesterday should be a lesson to Square/Crystal and Microsoft that no matter how much money you have it's the gamers that control how successful you are. So don't mess with us or we will rise up. Still not happy about the timed exclusivity but it's better than not being able to play at all. I don't see why Tomb Raider could not be out for all systems at the same time Uncharted 4 might be out. The people on Xbox could still buy Tomb Raider even if it's on other systems too.

You tell me you are not satisfied with it?? What if cd brought the game only on xbone??
    Wouldn't the timed exclusive then be better??

People jumped to conclusions based on what they didn't hear as much as what they did hear. A lot of opinions seem to be given without taking a step back and thinking about it logically.

Those of us that did worked it out. It's the good ole Internet Knee Jerk I guess!
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    People jumped to conclusions based on what they didn't hear as much as what they did hear. A lot of opinions seem to be given without taking a step back and thinking about it logically.

Those of us that did worked it out. It's the good ole Internet Knee Jerk I guess!
    Totally agree!!

Quote Originally Posted by CroftManiac View Post
    You tell me you are not satisfied with it?? What if cd brought the game only on xbone??
    Wouldn't the timed exclusive then be better??
    Didn't I say timed exclusive is better than nothing? I still don't like how Microsoft does this stuff. I have a PS4, I'd rather all gamers have access to it at the same time. I doubt Tomb Raider will be a system seller for Xbox.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    Didn't I say timed exclusive is better than nothing? I still don't like how Microsoft does this stuff. I have a PS4, I'd rather all gamers have access to it at the same time. I doubt Tomb Raider will be a system seller for Xbox.
    Well pretty sure at this point with the sales slump sadly for microsoft this may be part of that old fashioned throw EVERYTHING at the wall and hope something sticks, or in this case moves some console units kind of a thing? Their kinda desperate at this point to catch up to the other consoles. Luckily they got that moneh to back it up so cant fault them for trying.

Oh now you're telling me rottr should be published for ps4 and xbone? What about PC gamers?? Of course you don't care because you have your ps4. And yes , Microsoft tries to surpass ps4 sales...

Quote Originally Posted by CroftManiac View Post
    Oh now you're telling me rottr should be published for ps4 and xbone? What about PC gamers?? Of course you don't care because you have your ps4. And yes , Microsoft tries to surpass ps4 sales...
    I've included PC in my protests. Tomb Raider's history is PC and Playstation.

Agreed!

& Nokia N cage.

Quote Originally Posted by kiadaw View Post
    & Nokia N cage.
    & GBA

& iphone

Plz port the game to MAC!!!!
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

My Nokia 3310 hasn't seen a good game in a while, too.
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

Are you saying... that their announcement was not deliberately shady and sneaky? That they did not deliberately leave out important details such as... I don't know... whether the exclusivity deal was permanent or timed maybe? That they did not deliberately make it seem like the deal was permanent?

They have been and still are messing with our feelings, this could have been cleared up ages ago. You do realise that this little addition about the duration of the deal was not part of any press release or whatever, right? Somebody from Eurogamer kept asking and finally managed to get this answer. Not that we've learnt much from it, not at all.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    Are you saying... that their announcement was not deliberately shady and sneaky? That they did not deliberately leave out important details such as... I don't know... whether the exclusivity deal was permanent or timed maybe? That they did not deliberately make it seem like the deal was permanent?

They have been and still are messing with our feelings, this could have been cleared up ages ago. You do realise that this little addition about the duration of the deal was not part of any press release or whatever, right? Somebody from Eurogamer kept asking and finally managed to get this answer. Not that we've learnt much from it, not at all.
    Of course they deliberately left it out. Was it shady? No. Was it a sales pitch? Yes. Deliberately messing with our feelings? No. Conscious of the impact of such a statement? Yes, that's why they released a statement so quickly.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

A statement that no person that has any common sense and respect to other people would write.
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

I'm still not buying it new on any platform. I will pirate or buy used in order to deny Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix my dollar.

Still not happy about the timed exclusivity but it's better than not being able to play at all. I don't see why Tomb Raider could not be out for all systems at the same time Uncharted 4 might be out. The people on Xbox could still buy Tomb Raider even if it's on other systems too.
    By the way a perfect form to gain the Uncharted series fans would be NOT preventing them from having access to the next Tomb Raider at the release date. And a perfect way to cut a deal with Microsoft would be NOT to exclude Windows Game PC users from the privilege. In every aspect, this whole fiasco benefits Microsoft ONLY. Crystal Dynamics gets nothing. They lose respect, trust, confidence, reputation. Well, they get money. Less money than what they could make by themselves if they didn't act like such jerks. What Microsoft has to offer to the franchise is corporate prostitution.
    signature image

Agreed . Although I do think Se/CD need a lesson or two in speech writing. I suppose as it was a Microsoft conference (?), they probably felt the need to keep MS sweet and announce the exclusivity alone at that point. Perhaps they were going to announce the timed part later on, but with yesterday's uproar they and MS felt the need to speak out sooner. It is poor PR work, imo.

it still sucks that PS4 and PC players have to wait, but I suppose this softens the blow a bit.

CD need to get out a clarification as soon as possible about how long it will last and it could do with a big apology from their top people too.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by QiX View Post
    By the way a perfect form to gain the Uncharted series fans would be NOT preventing them from having access to the next Tomb Raider at the release date. And a perfect way to cut a deal with Microsoft would be NOT to exclude Windows Game PC users from the privilege. In every aspect, this whole fiasco benefits Microsoft ONLY. Crystal Dynamics gets nothing. They lose respect, trust, confidence, reputation. Well, they get money. Less money than what they could make by themselves if they didn't act like such jerks. What Microsoft has to offer to the franchise is corporate prostitution.
    The opposite applies to.
    I just cancelled my preorder and changed it to a preorder for Uncharted 4.

What else could I do?
    ᴙє₳Ŀi₮ɣ is for people who can't handle ΩӍ Ɍ∆єʁ.

Of course they deliberately left it out. Was it shady? No. Was it a sales pitch? Yes. Deliberately messing with our feelings? No. Conscious of the impact of such a statement? Yes, that's why they released a statement so quickly.
    Whether or not it's 'shady' is a matter of personal opinion and morals, indeed. I think it's utterly disrespectful towards the fanbase. And what statement are you referring to, if I may ask?
    signature image

If there was no precedent I would agree, but they remain happy for Playstation owners not to have a big chunk of Underworld, so it's not a reach to think they'd do it again.

This is still a crappy deal and the outrage is still justified.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast