Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Terrible terrible PR

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    You act as though going from exclusive to multiplat is a bad thing.
    Um, no I don't. Stop making assumptions about my opinions and thought process. Not that I owe you any explanations, but I was actually glad that Mass Effect went to the PS3 because one of my best friends is a strictly Playstation gamer and I was finally able to talk with her about one of my favourite series.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    Do you hear Playstation fans complaining that MGS is now multiplat and will be on Xbox One and PC? Going from exclusive to multiplat gains new fans as i'm sure both Mass Effect did and MGS V will. Going from multiplat to exclusive is giving the middle finger to everyone who happened to support the franchise on the "wrong" platform.
    And your point is?

Your entire post was based on your inaccurate assumption that I was against multi-platform games, as if I haven't made countless posts in the past three days underlining my feelings toward the ROTTR situation.

Thank you for giving me a migraine at 8am.
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

Quote Originally Posted by QiX View Post
    By the way a perfect form to gain the Uncharted series fans would be NOT preventing them from having access to the next Tomb Raider at the release date. And a perfect way to cut a deal with Microsoft would be NOT to exclude Windows Game PC users from the privilege. In every aspect, this whole fiasco benefits Microsoft ONLY. Crystal Dynamics gets nothing. They lose respect, trust, confidence, reputation. Well, they get money. Less money than what they could make by themselves if they didn't act like such jerks. What Microsoft has to offer to the franchise is corporate prostitution.
    Agreed. I was gearing up to buy the inevitable collectors edition for PS4, but now... even if it comes to PS4, I'll wait and buy it used so they don't see a cent from me. The comic series I was reading... done. The novel I was looking forward to buying... not happening. I'm dropping any support for Crystal Dynamics, Eidos and Square.

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/94...-raider-update

"Thank you for all of the feedback and questions. There has been a lot of coverage about Rise of the Tomb Raider, and a new round of articles followed Phil Spencer’s Eurogamer interview in which he confirmed that the exclusivity is timed. In case you haven’t read that article yet, you can do so here."

Quote Originally Posted by Leon S. Kennedy View Post
    http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/94...-raider-update

"Thank you for all of the feedback and questions. There has been a lot of coverage about Rise of the Tomb Raider, and a new round of articles followed Phil Spencerís Eurogamer interview in which he confirmed that the exclusivity is timed. In case you havenít read that article yet, you can do so here."
    We heard about that three days ago.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=153494
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

I just don't get who at CD thought this was a good idea and how they could not be prepared to say how long the duration was for. If it wasn't for the fans putting pressure on MS I don't think we would have even found out the deal was timed. CD have certainly acted poorly over this.

It was kinda weird how the company always made the TR community a priority before though with this they vanished. Maybe the marketing people decided that the TR community didnt matter because they would just buy the games anyways? Those marketing people seem to do a bad job, not one was anywhere within the community, a game with no community, meh they die, and doubt anyone wants this series to go away especially the company making it.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
    It was kinda weird how the company always made the TR community a priority before though with this they vanished. Maybe the marketing people decided that the TR community didnt matter because they would just buy the games anyways? Those marketing people seem to do a bad job, not one was anywhere within the community, a game with no community, meh they die, and doubt anyone wants this series to go away especially the company making it.

Since Megan left there hasn't been much of a visible presence here. Maybe that will change....
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

Of course having a CM makes a huge difference. They are the liaisons between the company and the fans. Without a CM, there is naturally more 'radio silence'. I'm sure things will improve once the new CM is installed

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagonô | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Of course having a CM makes a huge difference. They are the liaisons between the company and the fans. Without a CM, there is naturally more 'radio silence'. I'm sure things will improve once the new CM is installed
    Couldnt the voice actor for Lara Croft be the CM so CL can be CM? Looking at her IMDB she doesnt seem to busy but that is kinda the role like a brand spokesman like the wendys girl right? Noone would care more about the future of the franchise than someone who needs it to earn a living? It would be a good match maybe?

<---Holds up sign CL for CM!

Quote Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
    Couldnt the voice actor for Lara Croft be the CM so CL can be CM? Looking at her IMDB she doesnt seem to busy but that is kinda the role like a brand spokesman like the wendys girl right? Noone would care more about the future of the franchise than someone who needs it to earn a living? It would be a good match maybe?

<---Holds up sign CL for CM!
    The role of CM is much more than just being a spokesperson. It is a full time job, and Camilla wouldn't get to any acting if she were CM

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagonô | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    It's a wonderful choice to have Meagan back and so just possibly things could get better. I am not so surprised by the radio silence as when CD tried to tell us things but be all cryptic about it so they weren't actually telling us things, it was just getting them in deeper hot water.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123