View Poll Results: Will you be buying RotTR on Xbox One?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 11.01%
  • No

97 88.99%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Will you be buying RotTR on Xbox One?

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    ^ And on top of all that, they say: "We didn't forget about you guys, we have DE and Temple of Osiris for you", like what? :|
    ikr, Lara doesn't even look like Lara to me anymore in that game ._.
    signature image

The funny part is that they're like ''Don't worry, we're not abandoning our PC/PS fans... we're just making the most ambitious Tomb Raider game ever and they won't get to play it.''

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    The funny part is that they're like ''Don't worry, we're not abandoning our PC/PS fans... we're just making the most ambitious Tomb Raider game ever and they won't get to play it.''

/rant
    Basically. lol.

He comes off as an ass for trying to excuse this. However, poor guy probably is being forced to write that. I bet SE made this decision behind closed doors, hence why it's surprising Camilla/Rhianna, etc. Also, Darrell seemed a bit apprehensive when getting around to mentioning the exclusivity at Gamescon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkUeKzL9U-E (1:14 his voice goes a bit off-track there ). May have been a last minute thing and he was told he had to announce it which was why he was nervous about it.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

yall, we got 6.807 signatures so far,

if you wanna vote, It's for the new TR to be released for the other consoles (PC and PS4) so if you wanna vote, vote

https://www.change.org/petitions/squ...ox-one-2#share

(Sorry if it's already posted, idek)
    signature image

This will only make people angry and for sure will backfire, Crystal Dynamics.
    I dont buy microsoft or sony consoles since PS2 generation, only Nintendo ones because they have very different first party games. I bought Tomb Raider in Steam and liked it (I even have all the Tomb Raider games in Steam).

I will try to explain what this politics do to people like me, first they make me hate the company doing this practices, that hate removes the morality isues of downloading the game without paying for it. I have a blacklist with the companies which use bad practices and i wont buy games from, and its not easy to leave the blacklist.

Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    Basically. lol.

He comes off as an ass for trying to excuse this. However, poor guy probably is being forced to write that. I bet SE made this decision behind closed doors, hence why it's surprising Camilla/Rhianna, etc. Also, Darrell seemed a bit apprehensive when getting around to mentioning the exclusivity at Gamescon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkUeKzL9U-E (1:14 his voice goes a bit off-track there ). May have been a last minute thing and he was told he had to announce it which was why he was nervous about it.
    Man, imagine if they were lots of TR fans in that conference, imagine the riot, I would've LOVED it xD Him running of the podium xD
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

Ofcourse not...

Xbone costs about $600 in Australia, with the games about $100+ or more.

I'm not sure if the bean counters who made this decision actually failed economics 101 or not, but most of us average income earners aren't exactly in the business of going out and spending $700 dollars for one game.
    What a stupid, stupid move.
    Sad thing is that I probably would have pre-ordered this from any of my usual Digital Pc retailers, now even if it does come to PC I'll probably be waiting on that 75% or more sale due to this middle finger and lack of respect that they've shown the fans.

No. Why can't I vote in the poll?

^ Probably because you can't when your status is just ''Registered User''.

I don't know, just guessing.

Even the PS3 was beating the Xbox One in terms of which platform people would buy for and yet Square/Crystal go exclusive with Microsoft? Talk about a huge "We don't need you anymore" statement to the old and new fans that have supported Tomb Raider on PC and Playstation.

Absolutely not. I love TR. It's been a huge part of my life for a few years now. I buy the merch when I can, I've got the books ("The Lost Cult" is a must-read for all of us), and I've been planning a Lara tattoo for a year or so now. But I do not like Xbox. It's just doesn't have a good library to me, and I will not buy one just to play ROTTR. When I upgrade to current-gen, it'll be PS4.

I go back and forth with feelings here. It's just business, I get it. Bad business, IMO, but business nonetheless. I've stood up for CD handling TR for awhile now, and I go back and forth between anger towards them now, and believe it or not shame.

I've told my story about playing TR2013 for the first time before, so I'll not repeat it again, but this official news is very disappointing. I was proud CD finally showed the WORLD, not just us hardcore TR fans, what they could do with TR. We already knew, and we were always at a struggle to explain it to "outsiders", and I can't be the only one who felt vindicated when TR2013 got such great reviews and praise. And yeah, now this... betrayal and dis-respect. Not towards me, towards ALL of us. WE were there before TR2013, on various consoles.

I will always be a Tomb Raider fan. I will not disappear from the forums, I will not take the Lara figures off my shelves and take the posters down, but I will not buy a system whose library I am not impressed with just so I can play the new TR.

For those who do own an X-Bone, I am happy for you. I hope you receive no attitudes from others on here who do not or will not own one. We are a better COMUNITY than that type of behavior.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    I was proud CD finally showed the WORLD, not just us hardcore TR fans, what they could do with TR. We already knew, and we were always at a struggle to explain it to "outsiders", and I can't be the only one who felt vindicated when TR2013 got such great reviews and praise. And yeah, now this... betrayal and dis-respect. Not towards me, towards ALL of us. WE were there before TR2013, on various consoles.
    Truer words haven't been said
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    Man, imagine if they were lots of TR fans in that conference, imagine the riot, I would've LOVED it xD Him running of the podium xD

I would totally riot!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    ^ Probably because you can't when your status is just ''Registered User''.
    Well that sucks. The whole reason I joined this forum was to vote in this poll.

Quote Originally Posted by slipwagon View Post
    Keep posting on any of the Eidos Forums. The post count to gain 'New Player' status is low, 10 posts if I recall. A few complains in the other threads will let you vote. Let's make sure they will know how bad their marketing decision was, by the numbers.
    signature image

You can still state your opinion and express your thoughts on this travesty. Feel free to do so.

Preliminary results update. For each copy they sell of RotTR they will NOT SELL SEVEN COPIES. Not to mention the scratched reputation and loss of credibility. Is this exclusivity contract really worth THAT much?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    Basically. lol.

he does sound a bit worried after announcing the last bit.

you need an amount of comments to vote on poles. if im not mistaken, you need over 20 comments and be active here for 2 weeks.
    signature image

That would be a no. Damn it, I was planning on getting a PS4 as my new gaming console. I don't want an Xbone and I'm not buying one just to play this game. I can't believe they are doing this to us, the loyal fans. Did you check that message they wrote to explain their decision? Dear lord, it was so insulting. We do have a brain, you know (it's all about money, can't hide that). Oh look, the rest of the community isn't forgotten, because we still get to play good old TR2013 and that nice little spin-off game (which I actually was looking forward to a lot, but seriously considering not to buy anymore). How lovely. This isn't how you treat your fanbase. You can't go and alienate the majority of the hardcore fans (see the poll results on this site and TRF) for some quick cash. I am so disappointed, I don't care about this game anymore. I don't even care about the franchise anymore, which used to be my favourite. So much has changed, it's an entirely different game with an entirely different character. Still, I was willing to try out Rise of the Tomb Raider, because the prequel had a lot of good things going for it as well. I did enjoy that game and I was looking forward to see whether or not the team at Crystal Dynamics made any changes based on the criticism they received (too much combat, not enough tombs, puzzles too easy, you get it...). But then all of the sudden we have THIS. What a slap in the face, seriously. It's like they are saying 'thanks for being a loyal fan for such a long time and we appreciate all your support and money, but we no longer need you (because Micro$oft) so byeeeee'...

It's not unlikely that this is only a timed-exclusive. The fact that everyone who has anything to say about it is being so vague regarding the subject, it makes you wonder... Maybe MS is using this time to lure more people to their side, to sell as many Xbones as possible to gullible people who might think that it's the only way to get to play this game. And then, when the time is right, they might reveal that it's coming to the PC and PS4 after all. Just a little later. Even if that is the case, I will not buy it. It makes things even worse! How can they keep us in the dark like that, it's incredibly rude! Unbelievable. You people deserve neither my support nor my money.

Poor Lara, maybe one day she and the Tomb Raider IP will belong to a company that will treat her, and us, with more respect. Hopefully it will be a UK-based studio, Crystal Dynamics never got it right anyway. Goodbye for now.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by QiX View Post
    A few complains in the other threads will let you vote. Let's make sure they will know how bad their marketing decision was, by the numbers.
    I could spam the nasty facebook page I created on the matter but I'm not looking to get kicked off the forums

I could spam the nasty facebook page I created on the matter but I'm not looking to get kicked off the forums
    You're right. There is also this time limit I forgot, it's not just a matter of post count, so spamming won't really be a shortcut. Not really much to do now but to keep voicing your opinion, I'm afraid, which is not few.
    signature image

I'm so torn... I was going to get an XBone, when the next generation build came about, so I'm not really affected - but this sort or corporate behaviour I find highly disturbing and disrespectful.
    signature image

No. no way. For tomb raider I get no xbox one.

I'm not buying a console just to buy a game. Even if it was a game that I was really waiting to buy.

I don't have a next gen console yet. I was planning to go from X360 to PS4, but I don't know what I'll do now!

I'll wait a few days/weeks before I make up my mind whether to boycott or not.
    If you are reading this signature, you have just wasted 3 seconds of your life

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast