View Poll Results: Will you be buying RotTR on Xbox One?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 11.01%
  • No

97 88.99%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Will you be buying RotTR on Xbox One?

Nope! Wont be getting temple of Osiris either.

No. I bought a PS4 yesterday (no regrets). I've never bought an Xbox, just Nintendo and PlayStation consoles. Tomb Raider always comes to PlayStation, so how could I not expect that this time it wouldn't be any different?

I own an Xbox One mainly for Microsoft's exclusives, but I will not buy TRoTTR out of principle. I thought scummy business practices ;like this were a thing of the past in our industry. Seems not, the only way to teach corporations is to hit them where it hurts... and that's their profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    I don't own either an Xbox1 nor a PS4, but I will want to play the game, so it looks like when I finally get a new console, it will be the XBox1. Better start saving!

To those saying big fat NOs, is this a knee jerk reaction to the exclusive and you may change your mind later when you've calmed down, you don't own an Xbox 1 and won't buy one just for TR or you really are so outraged that you'll boycott the game even though it is TR. I mean we know so little of the actual game, will articles/screens/trailers etc help change your mind do you think?

Yeah, I'll boycott the game even though it's TR. It could be the greatest game of all time and I still won't be playing it. If TR was exclusive from the beginning, that would be perfectly fine. But, after all those years, there is no sense in making it exclusive, don't you think?

You know, there is nothing worse than being compared with Ubisoft lately, but even guys at Ubisoft aren't that greedy to suddenly make their big multiplatform franchises an exclusive. Hell, they even remastered AC Liberation so it wouldn't be just on PS Vita, right?

^ Yep. And what angers me the most is the ignorance of some people, some guy just made an account to say how he's glad it's XBOX1 only, and that PS fanboys should stop whining, like it affects only PS owners. It's funny how this "console wars" don't acknowledge PC even exists. But he also says that PS has a bunch of exclusives and that it's only right for Xbox to have some. Yes, it's right, but make your own, like Sunset Overdrive, do not take away multi-platformed titles.
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    ^ Yep. And what angers me the most is the ignorance of some people, some guy just made an account to say how he's glad it's XBOX1 only, and that PS fanboys should stop whining, like it affects only PS owners. It's funny how this "console wars" don't acknowledge PC even exists. But he also says that PS has a bunch of exclusives and that it's only right for Xbox to have some. Yes, it's right, but make your own, like Sunset Overdrive, do not take away multi-platformed titles.
    Yeah all the exclusives he named were either 1st or 2nd party exclusives. Other people want to bring up BloodBorne but that is a new IP.

Default NO

I will not buy Temple of Osiris for the same reason that some other people are saying. Is different when a game is made from scratch and it is exclusive like Sunset Overdrive but Tomb Raider was always a multi platform game and I'm also counting you PC gamers. To now have it exclusive to 1 system is a big FU to the fans. I will not support corporate greed. God forbid if Kingdom Hearts 3 also becomes Xbox One exclusive because I will never buy another Square Enix game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    To those saying big fat NOs, is this

you don't own an Xbox 1 and won't buy one just for TR
    This.

There's only 2 titles including TR that interest me on the XBoxOne, the other being Crackdown, and that's not enough to convince me to buy at the best of times.

There are other reasons. I don't like multi format franchises going exclusive to one company and if it is a permanent exclusive, I think their explanation added insult to injury so to speak, but they're not my main reasons.

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander Eidos Moderator

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... It's a shapeshifter. Kill it!! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by chip5541 View Post
    If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... It's a shapeshifter. Kill it!! ;-)
    how is this relevant to the discussion?
    signature image

Wat.

Thumbs down

Goodbye Tomb Raider/Crystal
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996)
    signature image

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander Eidos Moderator

Sorry, watching to much Supernatural and someone signature just tickled me. I had planned on posting the below but typing on a iPhone is a real pain.

As a person who lives in a rural area and limited bandwidth the X1 is not even an option so I will sadly be missing out. I do hope it hits the other systems at some point. I really enjoy the Lara Croft universe.

nope. put it on ps4 and we'll talk

Preliminary results. For each copy they sell of RotTR they will NOT SELL SIX AND A HALF COPIES. Not to mention the scratched reputation and loss of credibility. Is this exclusivity contract really worth THAT much?
    signature image

Exclamation

Lets say Crystal/Square will change their minds and release ROTTR for PC and PS4 in 2016, will they just Port it from the Xbox, because how long will an Actual PC/PS4 Game Development take.

Of course not. I don't even own an XBone and have no plans to get one.
    signature image

Hahahaha!

No...
    signature image

This is implying timed exclusivity? Either way the brand is damaged.

Not a chance...I've owned Xboxes before and none of them have been reliable for me not to mention the controllers being uncomfortable...

I do not own an Xbone, I will not own an Xbone, so I guess this means I won't be able to play the sequel to one of my all time favorite games ever...The Tomb Raider reboot was a masterpiece however the choice to make the second one an Xbox exclusive seems mind numbingly incompetent to me...Why rip Laura away from the console brand that created her for a console that hasn't sold as well as the PS4 and shows no signs of doing so...?

I for one am incredibly curious as to why this decision was made to begin with without the PR BS spin reply we've gotten...There needs to be trust between game companies and their fans, it's what keeps us loyal...

Look at EA...Their shady business practices have garnered a lot of resentment from gamers over the last few years, and I for one have moved to only buying used copies of the very few of their games (mainly army of two) that I want to play as I will not be feeding them money for their work...

A little advice from someone you don't know and honestly will probably never trust Crystal Dynamics...

Stop trusting what the console companies say and produce and distribute YOUR content to YOUR fans...A short term boost from one company over another at release will never be worth the trust of your fans...

Look at all the hate and anger your choice to rip tomb raider away from your PS4 fan base...

Does it really seem worth it to you...?
    Last edited by Rogue_Leizu; 08-12-2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Autocorrect fail... ;P

Thumbs down

As of now, no. This stuff is shady.

I have a PS4 because I made that choice as a consumer. I didn't think I would loose TR. It never left my mind that I might buy an Xbox One later. I did the same thing last generation. I bought a PS3 first, then a 360 a couple years later when there were enough games to make it worth it. It makes sense to me to buy an Xbox for Halo or other FIRST TIME exclusive IPs. This DOES NOT make sense. I get that someone is trying to make money, but this is too much. It feels STOLEN. Instead of CREATING new IPs that would draw me in to buy a product, I am FORCED to buy it to continue the series, OR miss out on a game I LOVE.

I actually feel betrayed, all that happines everyone felt, and now they do this to us, I might just not buy the new LC game either, and stop supporting a franchise who at first showed interest for us but now just takes bad choices, I just hope if it comes out as an exculsive, at least make it worth it, like, make it a good game, not just TR with bad and ugly bizzarre animations...
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Eros View Post
    I actually feel betrayed, all that happines everyone felt, and now they do this to us, I might just not buy the new LC game either, and stop supporting a franchise who at first showed interest for us but now just takes bad choices, I just hope if it comes out as an exculsive, at least make it worth it, like, make it a good game, not just TR with bad and ugly bizzarre animations...
    I agree (though, I still plan to buy LC, looks better than the reboot). The real issue here is how they literally done "bait and switch" on us. They announced it was multi-platform at E3 and last year too. We all got excited, pre-ordered, shared our opinions, expectations, speculations, all these different platform users all together, looking forward to a game in unity and then they basically segregate two player bases from the xbone fans and leave us for dead. Now two player bases have to cut off their pre-orders and hopes of playing a highly anticipated game because of $$$.

Mess.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

^ And on top of all that, they say: "We didn't forget about you guys, we have DE and Temple of Osiris for you", like what? :|
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

The funny part is, PC doesn't even have DE. Poor us. :x We only have Temple of Osiris coming up and nothing new besides that.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast