View Poll Results: Will you be buying RotTR on Xbox One?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 11.01%
  • No

97 88.99%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Will you be buying RotTR on Xbox One?

No.

Nope. I want the franchise to CROAK as a result of this. Give TR it's final deserving rest now!

I'll never support buying a decaying console months after it's release.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

Unhappy Nooooooooo

Never ever. To Bad CD just go for the Quick Cash from MS. Ohh I hate this Company! But I can't vote. Guess I dont have enough posts.

I don't own either an Xbox1 nor a PS4, but I will want to play the game, so it looks like when I finally get a new console, it will be the XBox1. Better start saving!

To those saying big fat NOs, is this a knee jerk reaction to the exclusive and you may change your mind later when you've calmed down, you don't own an Xbox 1 and won't buy one just for TR or you really are so outraged that you'll boycott the game even though it is TR. I mean we know so little of the actual game, will articles/screens/trailers etc help change your mind do you think?

Sure, I'll buy it because I have an Xbox One.
    If this had gone PS exclusive there would also have been a fuss.

Just by less people (cough).
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by SofaJockey View Post
    Just by less people (cough).
    That's because TR sells more on Playstation. They're selling out a huge chunk of their fanbase.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

No, I'm not going to buy an inferior gaming system to play a single game. If they wanted to have the most sales they should've released on all three main systems, they're bound to lose customers this way - I'm one of them.

Yep. I buy all hardware for the purpose of avoiding exclusivity barriers, so this news doesn't effect me at all.
    signature image
    "@[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg"

That's wonderful for you Taffer, but it doesn't really prevent publishers from screwing other customers, just allows you to bypass their antics. Not every gamer can afford or wants to spend money to purchase all systems, especially when one will usually do just fine. The current industry standards for consoles is just sickening...these exclusivity wars need to end.

I don't understand how the people in charge can't see that by releasing to all platforms they reach the most customers.

NO!

I wasn't planning on getting an Xbox One and this hasn't changed my mind at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    To those saying big fat NOs, is this a knee jerk reaction to the exclusive and you may change your mind later when you've calmed down, you don't own an Xbox 1 and won't buy one just for TR or you really are so outraged that you'll boycott the game even though it is TR. I mean we know so little of the actual game, will articles/screens/trailers etc help change your mind do you think?
    I have not owned a console since Playstation (the original) and lived through all the exclusives. It's a definitive no in my case. Just not happening. Unless it somehow comes out as the greatest generation defining masterpiece or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Taffer View Post
    Yep. I buy all hardware for the purpose of avoiding exclusivity barriers, so this news doesn't effect me at all.
    Poor excuse considering the history.
    Even then buying a console to play at 30fps 1440p when you could get 4k running on a PC is just silly for $500

No I won't be. I'm saving at the moment for a PS4 and I had planned to buy one next October in anticipation for ROTTR. If it turns out that it is a timed exclusive with PC at a later date then I would rather put that money towards a PC.

If this had turned out PS4 exclusive, I'd feel the same even it worked to my favour because TR should be available to everyone. Always has been, and this should continue.

I believe this is the game masterpiece you're looking for then Ninja: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

Again tho, I can't stress enough, no consumer who actually likes to budget themselves and spend responsibly is going to throw down 200+ dollars US for a console and an additional 60 for a game when they already have a platform. So they lose out on a single game, multiply that by millions of dollars for how much Square/CD loses in this catastrophe.

I own a Xbone and I vote: NO - M$ is not going to ruin this series for me. I literally hate CD and M$ right now

Nope,

why the hell would I want to play some crappy looking, 30fps capped xbone game when I have a monster pc.

screw this franchise, its dead to me now

No. This probably my favorite IP, but I am not buying a Xbox One for any reason. If it was any other IP would wish it dead, but I will wait for the PS4 version.

I don't own either an Xbox1 nor a PS4, but I will want to play the game, so it looks like when I finally get a new console, it will be the XBox1. Better start saving!

Like I said earlier, I don't have an XBONE and won't be buying one for just one game. This is not a knee jerk reaction.
    signature image

NOTHING will change my mind. This was my worst fear when I read rumors MS would get big 3rd party game for exclusivity. At least this looks like a "timed exclusive."

I hope they were compensated well for all the sale they will lose on PlayStation. Short-sighted move that could really hurt the franchise in the long run as PS4 is really destroying Xbox One in sales. Not even allowing a PC is really desperate move by MS.

I still have Uncharted 4: A Thief's End for Holiday 2015 which will undoubtedly sell more.

Nope.

I've been with this franchise since the first installment. It's what got me into gaming. I've been enjoying Tomb Raider on PlayStation for nearly 20 years now. I even purchased and replayed Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition recently in anticipation of playing the next one on my PS4. And today, Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix turned their backs on me. They clearly don't value me as a consumer, so I won't be dignifying their decision to alienate the main portion of their player base with my continued support.

I've withdrawn my Temple of Osiris preorder and won't feel too guilty about trading in my copy of the Definitive Edition. Feel pretty dirty about giving them my money for what basically amounted to a promotional campaign for a game on a different system.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Taffer View Post
    Genius...

Quote Originally Posted by Munchakoopas View Post
    Poor excuse considering the history.
    Even then buying a console to play at 30fps 1440p when you could get 4k running on a PC is just silly for $500
    That assumes two things:

1. I don't have such a PC. I do, and I play on consoles traitionally anyway.
    2. I care about pushing all the graphical sliders to the right all the wya. I really don't.
    signature image
    "@[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg"

Wow @ all these 'New Player's lol. It's good that people are here to voice their opinions, though. LET EM BE HEARD! *raises pitchforks*
    signature image

I wasn't buying an Xbox One in the first place lol so no.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast