View Poll Results: Will you be buying RotTR on Xbox One?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 11.01%
  • No

97 88.99%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Will you be buying RotTR on Xbox One?

At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I do have to state for the record that while I'm completely disappointed in Square Enix with this move, I'm still a Tomb Raider fan and always will be, which is why I'll be picking up the game at launch.

I'm not going to end my relationship with Tomb Raider over exclusivity; if the tables were turned and it was a PS4 exclusive, I would be just as disappointed and just wait until I'm able to purchase a PS4 to play the game.

But that's just my $0.02.

*ducks to avoid any potential objects thrown my way*
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

Goodbye Lara Croft, your PC Player shall miss you so

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I do have to state for the record that while I'm completely disappointed in Square Enix with this move, I'm still a Tomb Raider fan and always will be, which is why I'll be picking up the game at launch.

I'm not going to end my relationship with Tomb Raider over exclusivity; if the tables were turned and it was a PS4 exclusive, I would be just as disappointed and just wait until I'm able to purchase a PS4 to play the game.

But that's just my $0.02.

*ducks to avoid any potential objects thrown my way*
    That's cool, but most people aren't that lucky to own an Xbox1 or more... :/ And it still kinda feels wrong...
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

Unhappy

I will no longer make TR XPS Screens to Support Tomb Raider and Crystal/Square nomore.

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    That's cool, but most people aren't that lucky to own an Xbox1 or more... :/ And it still kinda feels wrong...
    Oh, the decision is absolutely wrong. Tomb Raider has always been multi-platform with a diverse fanbase and exclusivity should never be a part of the TR franchise. It was bad enough with Underworld's DLC only being on Xbox 360, but this is too far.

I'm truly saddened, but I'm not going to deny myself the experience.

I have an Xbox One, so yes I will buy it. But don't kill me! I enjoy all platforms alike!

Oh, the decision is absolutely wrong. Tomb Raider has always been multi-platform with a diverse fanbase and exclusivity should never be a part of the TR franchise. It was bad enough with Underworld's DLC only being on Xbox 360, but this is too far.

I'm truly saddened, but I'm not going to deny myself the experience.
    To be honest, in most cases, it's not a matter of people denying themselves the experience but people simply not being able to afford an Xbone.

In my case for example, I don't own an next-gen console and at the moment I just can't even afford one. But if/when I can, I won't buy an xbone just because of one game when the other console has more titles that I'm interested in.

I love Tomb Raider, I've been with the franchise since the beginning, but I just can't afford to buy one console to play one single game...
    signature image

^ Yeah, it's just not fair, it's not about not supporting the game, it's about your own principles and feeling cheated...
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    To be honest, in most cases, it's not a matter of people denying themselves the experience but people simply not being able to afford an Xbone.
    I think you missed the point I was trying to make, there.

In regard to denying myself the experience, I meant that because I have an Xbox One, I'll be picking up ROTTR at launch; I'm not going to not get the game in lieu of what's happened here. I have the means to experience the game, so I shall. I'll just feel a little bad for those who aren't able to experience it.

^ Yeah, it's just not fair, it's not about not supporting the game, it's about your own principles and feeling cheated...
    Whoa, now.
    Just because some people have the means to play the game and choose to do so does not make them the bad guys, so please don't paint us that way. I'm not going to boycott a game I'm dying to play because it's exclusive to one platform. I still love Tomb Raider and I still want to play the game. There's nothing wrong with that.

Whoa, now.
    Just because some people have the means to play the game and choose to do so does not make them the bad guys, so please don't paint us that way. I'm not going to boycott a game I'm dying to play because it's exclusive to one platform. I still love Tomb Raider and I still want to play the game. There's nothing wrong with that.
    I didn't say that, I was saying it's not fair to the people who could otherwise play this game to need to buy Xbox, whether they can or can't. I was putting blame on whoever made this decision.

I still love it too, and I want to play, but, you know, I can't.
    Last edited by d1n0_xD; 08-12-2014 at 08:57 AM.
    signature image

I think you missed the point I was trying to make, there.

In regard to denying myself the experience, I meant that because I have an Xbox One, I'll be picking up ROTTR at launch; I'm not going to not get the game in lieu of what's happened here. I have the means to experience the game, so I shall. I'll just feel a little bad for those who aren't able to experience it.

Whoa, now.
    You supporting a terrible business practice though.

I didn't say that, I was saying it's not fair to the people who could otherwise play this game to need to buy Xbox, whether they can or can't. I was putting blame on whoever made this decision.

I still love it too, and I want to play, but, you know, I can't.
    Ah, my apologies for the misinterpretation.
    I understand where you're coming from, though. I mean, they're essentially saying, "If you want to play ROTTR, it'll cost you USD$560 or tough luck." It isn't right at all; they're driving a wedge within the TR community.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    You supporting a terrible business practice though.
    I'm aware of this, but I'm really not willing to allow my love for Tomb Raider to cease in lieu of consumerism greed. I guess at the end of the day I really am just being selfish and I do apologize for that and I do sympathize with the community, but if I can be respectfully blunt for a moment, ROTTR is going to make sales at launch regardless.

Some people who aren't in tune within the community will see it on the shelf and say, "Hey look, another Lara Croft game. This looks good, I think I'll buy it," and not realize the controversy and uproar its exclusivity caused.

I will be getting ROTTR at launch because I love Lara Croft and I want to experience the game, but my decision to do so in no way should be translated into apathy or a nonchalant outlook on the unfortunate circumstances we're forced to experience here.

Ah, my apologies for the misinterpretation.
    I understand where you're coming from, though. I mean, they're essentially saying, "If you want to play ROTTR, it'll cost you USD$560 or tough luck." It isn't right at all; they're driving a wedge within the TR community.
    Yus gurl, preach this!

The basic point is that we (or at least, I) aren't (or at least, am not) mad because they turned it into an Xbox exclusive. I would be just as mad if they turned it into a PS exclusive or a PC exclusive.

What I really don't get (and what makes me feel sad/angry) is that they abandoned a huge part of the fanbase with a rather unapologetic PR statement.

P.S: I know you weren't talking to me, but I felt like adding my 0.02$ to your point.
    Last edited by pidipidi39; 08-12-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Yeah, any exclusive is bad exclusive, no matter which platform.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    Yus gurl, preach this!

The basic point is that we (or at least, I) aren't (or at least, am not) mad because they turned it into an Xbox exclusive. I would be just as mad if they turned it into a PS exclusive or a PC exclusive.

What I really don't get (and what makes me feel sad/angry) is that they abandoned an huge part of the fanbase with a rather unapologetic PR statement.

P.S: I know you weren't talking to me, but I felt like adding my 0.02$ to your point.
    Yeah, any exclusive is bad exclusive, no matter which platform.
    Exactly.

Thumbs down

Have to express my displeasure also. I really hope this is a timed exclusive, and they should clarify this ASAP

No

I have absolutely no interest in buying an Xbone

Not even Tomb Raider can change that. I personally feel betrayed and alienated right now. And not only do they decide to make it console exclusive they picked the worst console to do it on. How can this be the most ambitious Tomb Raider of all time when you're working on that Xbone's crap hard ware that doesn't even come close to my 3 year old pc that I have to update because it wont run Frostbite at 60 fps...

So much BS...

I dont own an xbox one, nor will I buy one for a single game :P
    At least by the time it comes to PC the bugs will be worked out, exclusive is only time based.

Nope. Definitely not.

WORST TOMB RAIDER NEWS EVER.

Never.
    Never even considered it and trust me, I won't.

That would mean buying XboxOne for just one game. So, of course I won't be buying it.

God, disappointment is so big right now. There are no words to describe it.

No. I own both systems, but will not be picking up this game. I just cannot support decisions like this.

Regardless of Xbox vs PS4, we are all gamers. These deals are bad for all of us.

An xbox one is 350!!!!! I have a dog to support!

Seriously, I'll have to wait and see in a years time a lot can change but at the moment no
    signature image

Hell no

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast