View Poll Results: Will you be buying RotTR on Xbox One?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 11.01%
  • No

97 88.99%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Will you be buying RotTR on Xbox One?

Quote Originally Posted by LaraRocks2 View Post
    Well, the true fans are going to know all about this deal and what the history of TR represents for us PS and PC fans- to me it all boils down to this; if you find that you can't not buy the game, all you have to do is buy it used, or rent it from gamefly or something. Here's the deal, I am a fan of Tomb Raider not Square Enix or Crystal Dynamics. They're mediums in which this game is made and brought to me, but honestly if it's going to be whored out for money- I'd rather nobody get the game at all than a select few, Lara deserves more than that and deserves a studio that can recognize it. Till then, all we can do is speak with our money.

obvious the fans will know about this corrupted deal but unfortunately none fans may not know about it or dont care.
    M$ and SE know about the hatred and most likely anticipated it but also very possible that they think, by mentioning this news earlier, that people will get over it and buy it regardless.
    time does heal wounds.
    but im with you on this as well regarding business related schemes. if this keeps going on, then i also wont support a company who puts money in first instead making their customers happy.
    signature image

NO! Not even for free (?)

No, it'll be PS4 for me.
    If you are reading this signature, you have just wasted 3 seconds of your life

Quote Originally Posted by NSW pride View Post
    No, it'll be PS4 for me.
    I wasted 3 seconds of my life thanks to your sig... but I'm with you here, IF PS4 does get a release of this sequel, I'll be buying used as well. Maybe if the next game comes out at the same time on all consoles, I'll buy new once again. Otherwise I'm not wasting a dime on Square, or Crystal, and especially not Micro$oft...
    signature image
    https://twitter.com/damiandee1230

No!!!! since i only play PC games

yes
    ill also get it for pc

The question is still the wrong one to ask. How many of the people who have voted NO actually own an Xbox One?

Unless you do, of course you wont be buying the game on Xbox One. Why would you?

A better question would be "Will you buy an Xbox One to play RotTR?" Then the current results would make sense.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

Even if people who don't own a One voted 'no', it still means those are lost sales. More people own a PS4 and more people are planning to get a PS4 instead of a One. M$ stealing 20 years old franchises isn't going to fix that, it'll just make their brand something to despise. Crystal isn't able to make a better TR because of their 'partnership', they can because of all the money they got out of it. Too bad for them we know that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    The question is still the wrong one to ask. How many of the people who have voted NO actually own an Xbox One?

Unless you do, of course you wont be buying the game on Xbox One. Why would you?
    I'm sure people are intelligent enough to understand the spirit of the question, which is "will you be supporting the XB1 version of TR10?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    A better question would be "Will you buy an Xbox One to play RotTR?" Then the current results would make sense.
    That wouldn't be a better question, because then you'd be leaving out

- people who boycott the game while owning an XB1
    - people who boycott the game while not owning an XB1 but who would be able to play the game on their friend's XB1
    - people who decide to not ever buy an XB1 (partly) based on the TR xbox exclusive deal

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    M$ stealing 20 years old franchises isn't going to fix that, it'll just make their brand something to despise. Crystal isn't able to make a better TR because of their 'partnership', they can because of all the money they got out of it. Too bad for them we know that too.
    Yup
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Even if people who don't own a One voted 'no', it still means those are lost sales. More people own a PS4 and more people are planning to get a PS4 instead of a One. M$ stealing 20 years old franchises isn't going to fix that, it'll just make their brand something to despise. Crystal isn't able to make a better TR because of their 'partnership', they can because of all the money they got out of it. Too bad for them we know that too.
    yep.
    CD also said that they can make the game better but then im very curious if M$s money really can support them to making an amazing TR title. once its out, how will the reaction be from the communities and reviewers?

because of this horrific deal with the devil, im at times afraid that it will ruin the franchise and then no company will support it anymore and we will never see another TR again.
    but lets hope this will never be the case and that SE will learn from this mistake and release the game asap for the other platforms. without cutting corners of course.
    signature image

I know one similar case; Sunset Overdrive (SO). SO was made by Insomniac Games, the brains behind games such as Ratchet, Spyro and Resistance. All of which released on PlayStation consoles exclusively. It wasn't until 2013 one of their games released on 360 as well (Fuse). Then they announce SO, excluisve to Xbox One. Again leaving a 20 year community behind.

Yet Insomniac Games is still doing great and SO is selling pretty well I think. But ofcourse, probably even better on PS4. Where the entire IG community is. Actually all the Insomniac fans I know played the game on someone else's console. So M$, when will you learn not to steal 20 year old franchises?

I know one similar case; Sunset Overdrive (SO). SO was made by Insomniac Games, the brains behind games such as Ratchet, Spyro and Resistance. All of which released on PlayStation consoles exclusively. It wasn't until 2013 one of their games released on 360 as well (Fuse). Then they announce SO, excluisve to Xbox One. Again leaving a 20 year community behind.

Yet Insomniac Games is still doing great and SO is selling pretty well I think. But ofcourse, probably even better on PS4. Where the entire IG community is. Actually all the Insomniac fans I know played the game on someone else's console. So M$, when will you learn not to steal 20 year old franchises?
    The only thing with Sunset Overdrive and the Xbone exclusivity is that Microsoft were the only ones who wanted to invest in the game, they didn't actively seek out to make it exclusive like they did with Rise

Even if people who don't own a One voted 'no', it still means those are lost sales.
    No it doesn't. Only if people have stated that they will never buy the game whatever platform it's on. All 97 "No's" have not said that.

...more people are planning to get a PS4 instead of a One.
    How do you know this?

Crystal isn't able to make a better TR because of their 'partnership', they can because of all the money they got out of it. Too bad for them we know that too.
    Of course the "partnership" directly won't affect the game. Any money paid might, but I get the feeling that SE were going to do it anyway so the MS deal is just for marketing in my opinion, unless some other evidence comes to light that suggests otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I'm sure people are intelligent enough to understand the spirit of the question, which is "will you be supporting the XB1 version of TR10?"
    Yes I do understand. Just like to point things out. In fact that might be a better question than mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    That wouldn't be a better question, because then you'd be leaving out

- people who boycott the game while owning an XB1
    - people who boycott the game while not owning an XB1 but who would be able to play the game on their friend's XB1
    - people who decide to not ever buy an XB1 (partly) based on the TR xbox exclusive deal
    Yes, it would be leaving out those people, but the question as it stands doesn't make sense. A multiple choice poll with more options than Yes and NO would help. It's a good example where an answer to a question can be skewed to look like a certain result. The inference, as AdeleDazeem has already demonstrated, is that 97 who would have been in a position to buy RotTR on XB1 are now not going to.

It's a slow news day, I know....

Not quite the same because isn't SO a new IP? Therefore while there might be fans of Insomniac Games who feel rejected it's not quite the same ire as fans of TR have.

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    The only thing with Sunset Overdrive and the Xbone exclusivity is that Microsoft were the only ones who wanted to invest in the game, they didn't actively seek out to make it exclusive like they did with Rise
    Nice to know!
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011