Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROTTR 60 FPS on Xbox One?

Default ROTTR 60 FPS on Xbox One?

I have both Xbox One and PS4. I'm not to excited about the exclusive news as Tomb Raider DE didn't preform as well on Xbox One as it did on PS4. Does Crystal Dynamics have a target or goal of 60 fps on Xbox One for ROTTR?

I think they should worry about getting 60 sales first

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Hahahah damn, it's so funny it's sad
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

so true

Hey guys... I know Eidos and Crystal Dynamic just all over the larger percentage of their fan base for a money hat. I'm not happy either. However, I would like to know if they'll even attempt to match the performance of the PS4.

Almost all the games I have for PS4 run at 60 fps or close to it & I love it. It's hard going back to 30 fps. As mentioned before, I have an Xbox One. I've only purchased 3 games for it; Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 and Rayman. Having been partial to Xbox 360 last generation, Xbox One has been very disappointing to me. I borrowed my friends copy of Tomb Raider DE for Xbox One to do comparisons to the PS4 version and there's no comparison. So, I am worried.

^ That's not really important right now, though. And human eye can't see the difference, so what's the point?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    ^ That's not really important right now, though. And human eye can't see the difference, so what's the point?
    What are you talking about? Of course you can. Can you tell the difference between a movie and a TV Soup Opera? One is filmed at 24 fps and the other 60 fps.

I don't think we'll see trues specs until mjuch closer to release. If Forza Horizon 2 can run at 60fps 1080p then I don't see why ROTTR couldn't.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    I don't think we'll see trues specs until mjuch closer to release. If Forza Horizon 2 can run at 60fps 1080p then I don't see why ROTTR couldn't.
    However, the team that made Tomb Raider DE on Xbox One couldn't get the game to run at 60 fps @ 1080p.

Quote Originally Posted by segamer View Post
    However, the team that made Tomb Raider DE on Xbox One couldn't get the game to run at 60 fps @ 1080p.
    True, but the further a console gets into its lifecycle the more the devs get out of it. Look how many launch games were not 60fps. They are just starting to leak in on the XB1.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    True, but the further a console gets into its lifecycle the more the devs get out of it. Look how many launch games were not 60fps. They are just starting to leak in on the XB1.
    Last generation I bought nearly every cross platform game for Xbox 360 because more often than not, they performed better. This generation is the opposite; cross platform games are performing better on Playstation 4.

I'm just going to wait and see. I'm not bias. I just want the best possible version.

Maybe the new engines just needs some getting used on a different platform. But given its TR, expansive, open world, and high terrain. By now they should be able to push more with the new engine to test its limits. No matter what platform its being played on.
    signature image

When they signed thos papers with MS they dident know that they put the nail in the coffin for TR and at the same time ed thousands of loyal fans who supported them through the years.

Alan wake comes to mind... that game went well in sales... no? Lol

Well, I can only hope that The Rise of the Tomb Raider is well developed for Xbox One. If it's gimped like every other Xbox One game, I'm passing.

I think that Crystal Dynamic is going to use directx 12 for the game since its coming out in holiday 2015 and microsoft platforms use it even and xbox one.

Uncharted 4 will run at 1080p/60fps...

1st. You're asking this with well over a year before release, if God actually existed HE wouldn't know the answer to that.

2nd. After the latest news today about exclusivity, who gives a fukc?
    signature image

^ Well, he does, since he's planning on getting it, but only if it's 60fps, which is a shame, IMO xD
    signature image

No one knows if the game will run at 60fps, and tbh I don't think anyone really cares. Most of the fanbase would just like to know if it's coming to the console they own or not.

Judging by Camilla's words on how "realistic" ROTTR will be and how they're trying to make motion capture more realistic, I'm guessing they're pushing for better visual effects, etc rather than resolution. So I'm probably gonna guess you're gonna get 60fps if resolution is sacrificed (as it always is on that console).

OUCH. How catty of you.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

I have both Xbox One and PS4. I'm not to excited about the exclusive news as Tomb Raider DE didn't preform as well on Xbox One as it did on PS4. Does Crystal Dynamics have a target or goal of 60 fps on Xbox One for ROTTR?
    At 900p, probably. Maybe... i dunno.

Highly highly doubt it's going to be 60fps. I would wager my bets on 30fps. It is the xbone after all.

More and more games on the Xbox One are running at 60fps.

I think it will run at 60fps.
    As for 1080p? I have no idea on that side of things, most likely not.

I find myself a bit curious to just how the dev team wants to include within the game environments. Given how expansive the first new TR was, so much action, pitfalls, reaction time, and your entire landscape changes the more you explore. If we do get to explore more than one huge environment then it will definitely need a boost to envelope us as players tenfold. I think they can do it!
    signature image

Smile

I dont own an xbone, are there any next gen looking games that are 60 fps at 1080p on an xbone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast