Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ROTTR 60 FPS on Xbox One?

Quote Originally Posted by segamer View Post
    I have both Xbox One and PS4. I'm not to excited about the exclusive news as Tomb Raider DE didn't preform as well on Xbox One as it did on PS4. Does Crystal Dynamics have a target or goal of 60 fps on Xbox One for ROTTR?
    920p, 30 fps locked guaranteed
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
    I dont own an xbone, are there any next gen looking games that are 60 fps at 1080p on an xbone?
    Forza 5 runs at 60 fps @ 1080p. I think Wolfenstein does too! Both Call of Duty Ghost and Battlefield 4 run at 60 fps but at a resolution under 1080p.

Default No. Wolfenstein is at 30 FPS.

I have an Xbox One, won't be buying this game, and Forza actually struggles at times.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition sold 69 per cent of copies on PS4, with Xbox One sales accounting for just 31 per cent.

The PS4 version runs at twice the frame rate and maintains native 1080p visuals during cutscenes.

Do you think ROTTR will do much better?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Munchakoopas View Post
    Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition sold 69 per cent of copies on PS4, with Xbox One sales accounting for just 31 per cent.

The PS4 version runs at twice the frame rate and maintains native 1080p visuals during cutscenes.

Thats pretty normal for an HD edition, I think it would sell more if they offer loyalty bonuses such as trading in the old game and giving a larger credit towards the HD edition. (Its not like they had to "remake" the game or "rewrite" the story.)

Quote Originally Posted by Munchakoopas View Post

They should be able to do much better. First of all, Kinect initially used 10% of the Xbox One's power. Now it's only uses 2%. However, I have little faith in Xbox One because every multiplatform game has been compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by BiPoLaR_X View Post
    I have an Xbox One, won't be buying this game, and Forza actually struggles at times.
    I'm up in the air. All the games I've purchased for PS4, thusfar, run at 1080p @ 60 frames per second; Tomb Raider DE, Last of Us, Lego the Hobbit, Call of Duty Ghost, Battlefield 4, etc... I'm just not going back to 30 frames. I borrowed Tomb Raider DE for Xbox One and it looked like $#!t.

I still don't understand why the XboxOne wasn't designed to run at 1080p...
    signature image
    Just call me SeanHoney...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanCordernay View Post
    For the Xbox Onefinity, coming out in 2015...

Because Microsoft focused on the aspects that didn't include gaming, they were more focused on the entertainment aspect as far as watching tv and talking to inanimate game consoles went. Sony was for the games with PS4, not only getting tons of exclusives, but the indie world as well. M$ hasn't been treating indie devs well as of late either, and seem to falter in their creativity dept. The 360 was a great machine, don't get me wrong; but I think they've just made some bad choices in priorities when it came to the One. Who knows, maybe they can turn it around- and if they do, they can give us back Tomb Raider and stop buying 3rd party exclusivity.
    signature image
    https://twitter.com/damiandee1230

Apparently it was. Its just people are having a harder time making it happen on the XB1 than on the PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by LaraRocks2 View Post
    Because Microsoft focused on the aspects that didn't include gaming, they were more focused on the entertainment aspect as far as watching tv and talking to inanimate game consoles went.

The 360 was a great machine, don't get me wrong; but I think they've just made some bad choices in priorities when it came to the One. .
    Yes, they dropped the ball. A lot of their market research pointed to this as what people wanted, and maybe in general they do. Maybe the general demographic WOULD like a gaming/TV/music box with digital distribution a la iTunes, but it was the gamers who spoke loudest and pointed out that actually THEY didn't.

I don't have a problem with DRM and digital distribution per se. I like having digital downloads and of course you need DRM or in reality only one person would need to buy the copy of the game and everyone else could pirate it. The problem for me is that it was to be implemented badly. You should be able to give away, lend or sell your digital games. This could be made to work effectively in this day and age.

The pricing of digital games is a problem as they are seen as higher but MS sell them at RRP where retailers don't. This needs to be addressed too. I don't know the answers to these questions but on paper the principles sound great and that's what MS thought people wanted. I bet that they won't be using that market research company again!
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Apparently it was. Its just people are having a harder time making it happen on the XB1 than on the PS4.
    Some might say Microsoft are having a hard time getting it up...

the xbox one game wont run on 60fps if they target 1080p - otherwise there would be huge graphic deficits.

guess 30fps and 1080p is realistic - and still hard to reach if they want to delivers massive graphics with alot of details and effects.

i actually prefer 30fps - it looks much more cinematic.

The question actually is: When they bring it on ps4 - will they use the whole power of the ps4? I doubt that they will not max out the ps4 version because somehow they prefer the microsoft plattform... which is totally not comprehensible for me. As a dev i would prefer the platform that provides the most power to make my game look as best as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dandins View Post
    the xbox one game wont run on 60fps if they target 1080p - otherwise there would be huge graphic deficits.

guess 30fps and 1080p is realistic - and still hard to reach if they want to delivers massive graphics with alot of details and effects.

i actually prefer 30fps - it looks much more cinematic.

The question actually is: When they bring it on ps4 - will they use the whole power of the ps4? I doubt that they will not max out the ps4 version because somehow they prefer the microsoft plattform... which is totally not comprehensible for me. As a dev i would prefer the platform that provides the most power to make my game look as best as possible.
    Destiny is apparently running 1080p 30fps on the Xbox One. There are also some titles that struggle at 60fps on the PS4 and are dropped to 30fps by teh devs.
    signature image

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    I think they should worry about getting 60 sales first
    Not enough people bought the last origin story now the market is smaller, quite a strange choice. Hope either way it sells enough to keep the series alive. Be a shame if it died off because the new version is to far off from the icon of the Tomb Raider.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
    Not enough people bought the last origin story now the market is smaller, quite a strange choice. Hope either way it sells enough to keep the series alive. Be a shame if it died off because the new version is to far off from the icon of the Tomb Raider.
    Are you referring to TR2013? Can you clarify what you mean by "not enough people"?
    signature image

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12