Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: RotTR is a (timed) XBox exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    when i think of it that i was so happy that CD took over and delivered us the LAU games and the amazing reboot, serving the community here last year when the game was released, taking my time to do the wishlist and now this. i just feel like stabbed in the back.

i just really hope this is all wrong and CD will clarify it asap. just like this attempted rape news that CD had to straighten out.

^ Yeah, man, we were really excited as a community, you even managed the wishlist and it's like, hey thank for your feedback, have fun with this game you won't be playing
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    Guys, I'm actually really sad.
    That's it. I'm just sad.

I just guess that playing ROTTR won't be a thing for me.
    Yeah I'm also sad.. I just wished that at least they had another good TR only for Sony not just that crappy Lara Croft and the temple of Osiris

guys I think we need to make a new hash tag and spread that across the world! We need to do something! I'm totally going to boycott! So let's start!!! Anyone good ideas?
    What about:
    #TRgoneandforevergone
    #goneandforgotten
    #CDisinsane
    signature image

I just have to say 2 things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTNP792ykYM
    This is stupid

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeaGJRV-whU
    BETRAYAL!!!

Seiroulsy I played the amazing reboot on PC and was so hyped for Rise of the Tomb Raider, And I dont have an Xbox One and i wont buy it just for 1 game.

Square betrayed all the loyal PC and PlayStation owners with this move.

Quote Originally Posted by ARaider View Post
    Yeah I'm also sad.. I just wished that at least they had another good TR only for Sony not just that crappy Lara Croft and the temple of Osiris
    That won't make up for this...

guys I think we need to make a new hash tag and spread that across the world! We need to do something! I'm totally going to boycott! So let's start!!! Anyone good ideas?
    What about:
    #TRgoneandforevergone
    #goneandforgotten
    #CDisinsane
    I think #BringBackROTTR is a good one... we need to make this official somehow!!!
    signature image

#MadeyourownTomb

More than likely a timed exclusive based on the new information I have heard.

I wish the team luck with their game

Peace and love.
    Last edited by Bokoblin23; 08-12-2014 at 06:44 AM.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    That won't make up for this...

I think #BringBackROTTR is a good one... we need to make this official somehow!!!
    Yeah, someone that gets me! What is a better way to make it official than hashtags?
    signature image

signature image

This is goodbye. I will never play Rise of Tomb Raider. I'm a PC player and if I buy a console it will not be Xbox.

I would participate in whatever campaign, but it is useless. They knew how people would react the moment they did this.

Thanks CD for being soulless, cynical dicks. Plenty of companies make money without exclusivity. But you had to make a franchise that was always multi-platform an exclusive and screw many of TR fans. Screw you.

when i think of it that i was so happy that CD took over and delivered us the LAU games and the amazing reboot, serving the community here last year when the game was released, taking my time to do the wishlist and now this. i just feel like stabbed in the back.

i just really hope this is all wrong and CD will clarify it asap. just like this attempted rape news that CD had to straighten out.
    Of course we all got a head full of steam right now, but it's not Crystal Dynamics we should direct our anger to. They're the ones taking their orders from Square Enix and Microsoft, and they're the ones who are ordered to bring the bad news and take the crapstorm that it produces. I have always said that publishers are a necessary evil and damn, how I hate to be right...

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    Indeed, the irony in that statement was high!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokoblin23 View Post
    First of all, I really hope everyone is being civil about this, mainly because I know community forums can get pretty toxic about this sort of thing and it never helps anyone. Also, please understand people work in this industry love what they do and attacking them for something you don't agree with (and something most can't even control) is a form of violence, even if you think they are just words, please consider that we are all kin and a repeat of past controversies would be sad.

For my 2 cents: TR2013 was one of my favorite games of all time. I truly hope it's sequel will at least come to PC at some point, but I don't feel it was fair that a deal was made for a non-exclusive series to become exclusive on consoles.

I would just like to register my disappointment and although I'm sure it will be a wonderful game, I can't be buying a whole new console to experience a single game.

I wish the team luck with their game

Peace and love.
    While I agree with the sentiment to a degree, I'm sorry but I humbly disagree. Someone, somewhere within CD and SE is responsible for this decision. As gamers we only have forums and our wallets as a means of letting companies know when things stink. I don't think anyone is issuing personal attacks on individuals, but right now as companies Crystal Dynamics and squareEnix deserve all the flak they will get and more. terrible decision and a betrayal of their life blood.

I just feel like I've been poked in the eye by one of 90s Lara's mammaries. Why would they restrict themselves in such a fashion?

Does this mean another company with the same initials will take over the franchise, continue the current story line a little bit, do a remake, then reboot the series?

If so, can Cryptic Digital remake TRII, I so would like to see a HD Maria Doria ...

There's also this:

signature image

I registered just to say I am extremely disappointed to this decision. I hope M$ paid you enough to cover the loss of sales from the PC and PS fans.

And no I will not purchase a Xbone or any more of your games. It is quite clear you do not care about your fans.

Quote Originally Posted by PermanentlyAngry View Post
    While I agree with the sentiment to a degree, I'm sorry but I humbly disagree. Someone, somewhere within CD and SE is responsible for this decision. As gamers we only have forums and our wallets as a means of letting companies know when things stink. I don't think anyone is issuing personal attacks on individuals, but right now as companies Crystal Dynamics and squareEnix deserve all the flak they will get and more. terrible decision and a betrayal of their life blood.
    Not buying a game and politely registering disappointment isn't an issue.

However, I don't think it's fair to turn this into a big fuss, because that energy could be devoted to far bigger issues around the world than the exclusivity of a TR game.

Yes, we are all passionate about this art form, but there are degrees of appropriate response depending on the issue. This is not exactly war or bank corruption.

Also, lets not forget it's most likely a timed exclusive and this fuss would be for nothing anyways.
    signature image

^ Don't bring Middle East into this, man, that's just wrong...
    signature image

Total bull Square/CD the Xbox One is losing to the PS3 in terms of which platform people would buy the game on. You just gave the middle finger to the biggest portions of your fan base Playstation and PC.

You done goof CD you really did

Since I couldn't care less about the childish "console war" MS and Sony have been waging for quite a while, what matters to me is a PC release - I don't care if it happens a few months after the RoTT's launch on XOne, I just hope it's on the cards.

Still, one of the dumbest decisions that could have been made. Do they want this game to flop or what?

What about:
    #TRgoneandforevergone
    #goneandforgotten
    #CDisinsane
    It may be cheesy but #FalloftheTombRaider?

This game will do for Square what Ryse and the Xbone did for Crytek.

when i think of it, the same crap happened with halo. the first 2 titles were released for PC, and what happened? part 3 saw never the light on the PC. just xbox exclusive and thats it. no part 3 for PC. we are left in the dark how the story ends. i know halo is not a milestone but i sure enjoyed it regardless.

CD or SE. i dont care really. we already know that SE cried like little babies calling TR a failure because it didnt sell the amount they hopped for.
    signature image

Probably too soon to rationalise, but the games market has exclusives. I don't like it but there it is. Many have their preferences (Sony/MS) but others will choose their next console based on game choices.

In this generation there were no obvious exclusives that drew me to one console of other. In the end I went Xbox because I already had a 360. I can't play Uncharted / Last of Us - I understand they are very good. I could very easily have gone PS4 had there been one exclusive that would have tipped me that way and I guess that's what Microsoft are hoping for as there are still very many folk on last gen.

To those on PS4 or committed to PS, I feel your pain, I can also understand that the Xbox players on this forum are in the main keeping their heads down at the moment.

Reading the CD announcement, CD have tried to put a positive spin on it:

"This doesn't mean that we're walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4."

Though in all honesty whilst they had to be positive, it's not a great message for PS gamers. Perhaps in the future a RotTR GOTY edition could count as falling outside of the exclusivity window, but that's going to be a couple of years if it happens at all. Yes, CD are mostly walking away from other gamers but that's hard to say in a nice way.

It does feel a bit like there weren't enough seats on the bus for a large family and some being left behind.

Financially this injection of MS$ can give some financial certainty to allow CD to develop an awesome game without as much risk. I can understand the decision is not popular, but with that funding CD have less risk and actually therefore need to sell less games - selling enough games was an issue for the last TR title after all even though it was successful.

With the financial news about the last TR being financially disappointing (even if successful), it could even be that this news allows a sequel that without Xbox exclusivity would have been too risky to develop at all. The real answer may be Xbox or nothing.

If RotTR is awesome, as I hope, then there will be more than enough Xbox players who will eat it up, just sad that not all can come along.
    signature image

I posted this.

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image

CD or SE. i dont care really. we already know that SE cried like little babies calling TR a failure because it didnt sell the amount they hopped for.
    What I don't get is how making it an XBONE exclusive is going to help them in sales when (if I'm not mistaken) TR did better on PS and PC than on Xbox????
    signature image

Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast