Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: RotTR is a (timed) XBox exclusive

I cannot believe they are doing this. I am not buying an Xbox One just for this. This completely disappoints me. Tomb Raider is now completely dead for me. I have no interest in any of the comic books and novels now. I hate this.

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post

That's not good either, I mean I get where you're coming from, but if everyone tried to give as less money as they can, the chances of a sequel are low... But I get where you're coming from, they shouldn't have announced this.
    Then the franchise would likely be sold to another publisher and rebooted again... I'd say let's take the chance: I'm never gonna buy an Xbone and I'm seriously considering not buying Temple of Osiris. I do not do business with blackmailers...

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    Then the franchise would likely be sold to another publisher and rebooted again... I'd say let's take the chance: I'm never gonna buy an Xbone and I'm seriously considering not buying Temple of Osiris. I do not negotiate with blackmailers...
    Yeah, there's that too... But this direction TR was going for had so much potential
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

We seriously need to gather as a community and at least not buy an XBox One, if not RotTR :|
    always hated the xbox 360 and Xbox one, but know I want to destroy every Xbox that I see, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by doppeL View Post
    From this moment I make a tomb raider boicott all .... I'm crying now ... I have broken my heart ..
    if someone is on my side to join the boycott until they tomb raider platform
    Ohh I'm sure joining. Spread it everywhere!! Fb IG Twitter! at the moment I just want to attack CD

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    Exactly! It's not like gaming consoles are cheap like a bottle of water goddamit!
    They sure are expensive as hell!
    signature image

I haven't been on these forums in quite some time. However, I felt it necessary to pop on and let it be known I will not be buying another crystal dynamics produced game or Tomb raider again. I own all three current systems, Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One. However the move to take money to make TR Xbox exclusive stinks and is a smack in the face to the vast majority of fans. Really, really bad move commercially. I hope whatever Microsoft has paid you is enough to pay all your mortgages back their because the backlash to this is going to be HUGE.

Was it true that they weren't really satisfied how the reboot sold? This is not a very good way to make the sequel to sell more.

Screw whoever made this deal with Microsoft. As of today I'm officially done with the series.

Quote Originally Posted by PermanentlyAngry View Post
    I haven't been on these forums in quite some time. However, I felt it necessary to pop on and let it be known I will not be buying another crystal dynamics produced game or Tomb raider again. I own all three current systems, Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One. However the move to take money to make TR Xbox exclusive stinks and is a smack in the face to the vast majority of fans. Really, really bad move commercially. I hope whatever Microsoft has paid you is enough to pay all your mortgages back their because the backlash to this is going to be HUGE.
    Very brave of you, I very much appreciate the gesture.

And damn Microsoft, if you want people to buy your console, show them incredible games you made... Don't hold back existing franchises... I mean, Sunset Overdrive is a game that got me thinking about buying an Xbox1 some day, that's the way to do it, not like this !
    signature image

Congratulations CD! Humanity reached a new point of human stupidity!
    And I thought setting yourself on fire was really stupid!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by JaxGames View Post
    @CD
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    @Tecstar70, I get that you are convinced this is timed, but you can't blame us for not having much hope. Besides, I'd rather not get my hopes up just to have them crushed again when it is confirmed this is not a timed exclusive...

So please, just let us vent our frustration...
    Will do, just want people to see the nonsense that is being stated.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

@CD
    ^This...ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    Very brave of you, I very much appreciate the gesture.
    I was always taught it's not brave to do what you know is right. I want fewer of these bull commercial tie-ups in our industry. All it does is screw over my fellow gamers. Just because I'm in the position to not have to care about such moves doesn't mean I don't care. I do. The PC and PlayStation communities that have supported TR right from the beginning, way before Xbox was even a twinkle in Microsoft's eye deserve far better from Crystal Dynamics and SquareEnix. Perhaps they'll go the same way as Core Design and it'll be a salutatory lesson for other developers who are tempted by quick easy cash in the hand, as opposed to actually developing a product that is worth consumers buying. We're consumers, we vote with our wallets.

Guys, I'm actually really sad.
    That's it. I'm just sad.

I just guess that playing ROTTR won't be a thing for me.

I doubt they'll ever learn that lesson, but all we can do is try...

As you may have seen, we've just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox. We consider all of you to be the lifeblood of Tomb Raider and the work we do at Crystal. I'd like to give you some insight into this decision, and why we feel this is the very best thing for the Tomb Raider sequel we're creating at the studio.

Tomb Raider in 2013 was a success due in large part to your continued support. Our goal has always been to deliver something truly special with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Today's announcement with Microsoft is one step to help us put Tomb Raider on top of action adventure gaming. Our friends at Microsoft have always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and have believed in our vision since our first unveil with them on their stage at E3 2011. We know they will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past - we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft.

This doesn't mean that we're walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

We know that there are probably many more questions and concerns. Please do send them to us, and we'll answer to the best of our ability. Meanwhile we're going all out to try and make something truly special - the most ambitious Tomb Raider game ever built.

Thanks,

Darrell Gallagher
    Crystal Dynamics Head of Studios
    If you consider us all to be the lifeblood of Tomb Raider then why are you screwing most of us over?
    Last edited by BR4DDERS1986; 08-12-2014 at 06:12 AM. Reason: typo
    signature image

I hope you'll choke with the money Micro gave you !!!

And don't lie to us saying it's about to give best gaming experience, we are not stupid and we know it's all about money so go yourself !!!

You've just lost a great fan and you can be sure i'm not buying that micro decoding tv to play your game ! And If finaly you release it on Pc I won't buy it but download a pirate version !!!

You really betrayed us ! And that we won't forget you can be sure of that !

@CD
    This is just but so true

Quote Originally Posted by BR4DDERS1986 View Post
    If you consider us all to be the lifeblood of Tomb Raider then why of you screwing most of us over?
    Indeed, the irony in that statement was high!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by BR4DDERS1986 View Post
    If you consider us all to be the lifeblood of Tomb Raider then why of you screwing most of us over?
    Because of reasons, apparently.

when i think of it that i was so happy that CD took over and delivered us the LAU games and the amazing reboot, serving the community here last year when the game was released, taking my time to do the wishlist and now this. i just feel like stabbed in the back.

i just really hope this is all wrong and CD will clarify it asap. just like this attempted rape news that CD had to straighten out.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    i just really hope this is all wrong and CD will clarify it asap. just like this attempted rape news that CD had to straighten out.
    They already clarified all that had to be clarified, tho.

I get you, I feel betrayed too.

Indeed, the irony in that statement was high!
    The thing is when I read that it just made me even more angry. Just be honest and stop the PR spin. They took the money and ran. Sadly their life blood is boiling right now. Doubt they have many fans (life blood) left after this.

Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast