I'm far from a fan of piracy but I'm convinced that the acts that are now discussed in congress are not the right way to go. To out it in gamer terms it looks a hell of a lot like putting DRM and well beyond on the entire internet. And just like DRM it won't really stop the people who are conducting illegal actions, just inconvenience and limit legit users. Although the letter does not specify a specific act it's hard to imagine that the timing is a coincidence.

Does the brand new /r/Games feel like we should do something about this to make our opinions heard?

Protect IP act information video

The ESA member list:

38 Studios

345 Games

505 Games

Capcom USA, Inc.

Deep Silver

Disney Interactive Studios, Inc.

Eidos Interactive

Electronic Arts

Epic Games, Inc.

Her Interactive, Inc.

Ignition Entertainment

Konami Digital Entertainment

LEVEL-5 Inc.

Microsoft Corporation

Namco Bandai Games America Inc.

Natsume Inc.

Nexon America, Inc.

Nintendo of America Inc.

Nival

NVIDIA

O-Games, Inc.

Perfect World Entertainment

SEGA of America, Inc.

Slang

Sony Computer Entertainment America

Sony Online Entertainment, Inc.

Square Enix, Inc.

Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.

Tecmo Koei America Corporation

THQ, Inc.

Trion Worlds, Inc.

Ubisoft Entertainment, Inc.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc.

XSEED Games

Note: Activision doesn't seem to be along on this ride, so good for them.

EDIT: Neither are Bethesda and CD Projekt (Czech Polish, so probably not asked even though I'd doubt they'd sign).

EDIT2 : Or Valve, which is pretty much where I'll draw the line since they have Steam. I'm not going to go in on individual studios since that's a few hundred and most of them are in some way dependent on publishers.

EDIT3 : I would like to point out that I (at least) have no idea how the decision process works in the ESA, so every single one of the companies might not support these actions by the government. Therefor I would rather we try to inquire/pressure the ESA itself than individual member companies.

What you do is, of course, up to yourself.