Thread: RIP Robin Williams

Default RIP Robin Williams

America's funny man Robin Williams apparently was suffering from severe depression and ended his life.

He was only 63. What a terrible loss. He was an incredibly talented man.

RIP

I'll just repost what I said in "The Humble Abode" thread.

RIP Robin Williams. I'm at a loss for words. This is the saddest I have ever been about a celebrity dying in my lifetime. I am heartbroken. The world lost a truly amazing actor and a comedic genius. My sincerest condolences go out to his family, friends, and other relatives and loved ones. He was loved and adored by many, looked up by and inspired young people looking to get into comedy, and be remembered as the great man he truly was. I can't believe he's gone.

I'll always remember how he made me laugh in movies like Aladdin, Mrs. Doubtfire, Jumanji, Flubber, Night at the Museum, and RV. I even got a few chuckles out of The Crazy Ones. I am now looking forward to watching Christopher Nolan's Insomnia starring Robin Williams even more.

If the coroner's office suggestion that it is an apparent suicide by asphyxiation is true, this just goes to show you what severe depression can do to someone. It is a serious mental illness that must be treated. If you have depression, or know someone who does, please seek help or encourage him or her to seek help, and know that suicide is never the answer. There's always a better way.

RIP to a loving husband, a fantastic father, a beloved entertainer, and one of the funniest people to ever live. You will be missed.
    signature image

Cant say it better than Zoo Boy did. I was driving home from work listening to my favorite radio station and stunned by the report. Words fail me to express the sense of loss I feel, almost personal.

Quote Originally Posted by JBG View Post
    Cant say it better than Zoo Boy did. I was driving home from work listening to my favorite radio station and stunned by the report. Words fail me to express the sense of loss I feel, almost personal.
    That's exactly how it felt to me as well. Like it was personal.
    signature image

The world will be a less funny place from now on, that's for sure.

So it was announced that Robin Williams hung himself with a belt and slit his wrists. Terrible.
    signature image

A tragic irony that this very funny guy was suffering from depression. Even the comedian needs cheering up sometimes. RIP Robin Williams.

Carpe diem. You seized the day and made your life extraordinary.
    Oh Captain, My Captain.
    Rest in Peace.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

I was really shocked when I saw he'd passed; even more so when I heard the circumstances surrounding his death. So very sad. I hope he's finally got the peace he couldn't find in life. I feel so awful for his family too.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)