Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: 4 great instinct mode ideas! for hm6

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7

    Talking 4 great instinct mode ideas! for hm6

    You know instinct in absolution? 47 focuses and the world goes dark and things look alot different threw the eyes of the hitman. Things of interest twinkeling aswel as glowing orange enemies that can be seen threw walls with fire trails predicting their paths. It was assumed that because 47 has heightened sences and intelligence he can do that.

    Well I have a 3 ideas for additions to instict to make it better and more understandibly realistic.

    To explaine instinct better i think in hitman 6 there should be a cutscene early in the game where he explaines to someone that not only with his heightened sences but during ortmiers training he studied human behavioral psychology aswell as human anatomy and bone structure, all to phd levels.

    Reasons for that go well with my ideas

    1 People in instincts mode should look like an xray.
    In normal view the dot ends at the persons skin or clothes, but in insticts you can see the orange transparent outer layer and a differently colored white skeleton and organs, put the aim dot on to their red heart or grey brain is death, shots to the purple guts cause more damage and/or prolongued eventual death. Or target spacific bones and deal with the enemy more accordingly. Limb bones can be shot in half and enemies cant use that limb anymore while sucumbing and screaming to the pain.


    2 You can not see enemies threw walls automatically without some sort of detection first. Example catching a glympse threw a hole in the wall they walk bye, a reflective serfice such as an angled mirror in the destence and most importantly sound.

    3 You can see sound, with blue waves of light, explosions and unsilenced gunshots create large vibrant wave which bounces off walls and alerting enemies it reaches (these can be muffled by ambiant noise).
    Things like footsteps and talking creates small waves of sound. While hiding if you hear footsteps you can click on instinct to better determine where the sound is coming from. You notice on the other side of a wall small waves of footstep sounds going by. 47's understanding of anatomy allows him to determine the gender, size and weight of the person and the glowing orange image of the person begins to materialize starting from the feet and up, and now the person can be seen threw the wall. It would be cool if 47 makes minor errors in instincts and looses the orange image of an enemy when they stop moving or walk on a quieter serfice or out of range of hearing. Or if they could occcasionaly deviate from the fire path 47 was expecting by like a scrypted in game sound or something else gaining his attention.


    My favorite!
    4. showing indivual enemies information.
    Little mathematical alguritisms and mesurments should start fluttering around people and there faces. When this happens stats begin to manifest next to the person. There mood/alertness level, which might change if you throw an item, from calm to frightened to curious to confused. If they see you, alarmed and fighting or flighting to searching for inturder or wanting help etc.
    Other stats should also be determined accompanied by a number, things like accuracy 2, reflexes 1, mele skill3 strenght 4 etc. Their weapon and armor info also if seeable.
    If you have ever seen the show lie to me, the opening to every episode involves seeing peoples faces with little mathematical mesurements and diagrams being imagined to determin the persons mood, lies, and inner thoughts and all inner emotions.
    I propose when 47 goes into instincts he should automatically scan people he can see, close enough and the face provides best results.



    Additional notes from things i explained above.
    Reflective serfices should give hidden enemies away, go into instinct and you can see a bad guy assasin hiding behind a wall automatically with a single twinkle on a window or mirror nearbye to show why the hitman can see him. Other things that can give enemies away would be if there sneaking and you see them threw a hole in the wall or bookshelf even if there are not making sound. There should be enemy assasins well trained at silence with no reflective serfices around that cant be seen at all until there in line of sight and its too late.

    Difficulty level shouldnt be determined by health points or damage points, but something more believeable would be like everyone on the map dies in easily but you will see in instincts mode on higher difficulties everyone has heightened awarness levels and skill stats, better weapos at hand aswell as more enemies

    I had other little notes but its too late at night to thing straight. Let me know if you like these ideas?
    Last edited by Vikingvern; 08-10-2014 at 11:24 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingvern View Post
    My favorite!
    4. showing indivual enemies information.
    Little mathematical alguritisms and mesurments should start fluttering around people and there faces. When this happens stats begin to manifest next to the person. There mood/alertness level, which might change if you throw an item, from calm to frightened to curious to confused. If they see you, alarmed and fighting or flighting to searching for inturder or wanting help etc.
    Other stats should also be determined accompanied by a number, things like accuracy 2, reflexes 1, mele skill3 strenght 4 etc. Their weapon and armor info also if seeable.
    If you have ever seen the show lie to me, the opening to every episode involves seeing peoples faces with little mathematical mesurements and diagrams being imagined to determin the persons mood, lies, and inner thoughts and all inner emotions.
    I propose when 47 goes into instincts he should automatically scan people he can see, close enough and the face provides best results.
    Going to be flat out honest. I think Instinct is what killed Absolution. The already small levels could be completed with Splinter Cell like stealth because you could move and see where people are at the same time. Any mention of adding things that make Instinct more overpowered immediately gets a downvote from me. If H6 doesn't have a map, I'm not buying it, plain and simple.

    As for the quoted portion, 47 isn't a computer. Nobody sees in mathematical equations unless you are Terminator, JC Denton (Deus Ex had a targeting augmentation that allowed you to see the health/weapon of a NPC), or a robot. The "math" stuff is purely cosmetic that would feel incredibly out of place. If Lie To Me was any good, it would still be on. There is no way to realistically convey all this information to the player nor would it make sense to include such statistics. You can generally tell how an NPC is feeling by looking at their gestures and hearing the music play (first 3 Hitmans did this). No need for a Batman style analysis.
    signature image

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Same here. I don't buy it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    34

    Default

    How about no instinct. Just bring back maps.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dstyles75 View Post
    How about no instinct. Just bring back maps.
    Yup, I agree. H6 absolutely must have a map if I going to spend my money on it.
    signature image

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    139

    Default

    While I am in favor of Instinct I do have to say some of your ideas are really far out into left field. As Shephard put it, anything that makes Instinct more overpowering is a bad idea. If anything, Instinct needs to be stripped down, the fire trails, the range of power, etc.

    Labeling everything from an NPC's alert status to whether they're on their period would be pretty redundant and wouldn't do anything to help momentum, as 47 can see all that just by reading their body language.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Wow hitman fans these days seem kinda centophobic. Allwells I wasn't the biggest fan of instincts at first, but kinda liked instincts after a while. He couldnt use the map anymore as part of the story and its a shame and they say he will have agency assitance again in the next game which makes me think he will have the map.
    But intincts tried to show that he was above the normal person, seeing and noticing things normal people cant notice, and without it he felt to me like a very normal guy, 47 dosent normally feel like a some sort of perfect clone superhuman.

    Some mentioned instincts shouldnt be overpowered but i think i talked mostly about toneing it down by limiting its range and not showing people threw walls without logical reason, even allowing 47 to make random mistakes when trying to predict paths.

    Adding a few things that he could see like stats and the heart of the enemy i felt would be interesting because only having orange people with fire trails became a little to plane to me after a while.

    I would prefer the map also even though it slows 47 down. I just wish they would add more buttons to next gen game controllers so we could have all these fetures and people can choose to use what they like best.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    139

    Default

    I agree with you that Instinct seemed more appropriate and that it fit more into 47's prowess. With Instinct, you have a visual cue of your surroundings because, and this just IMO, the average gamer doesn't have a full 7.1 surround sound system to signal footsteps accurately, which is where Instinct and the map, to a certain extent, come into play. To me, the map is basically a level wide Instinct, which I renounce because I think it's more fun to explore and run into NPC's by surprise. The map shows you what everyone is doing at all times everywhere right from the start. Instinct, on the other hand, promotes exploration. But this is a horse we've whipped back to life and death over and over again so let's not get started. I'm glad to see someone else share my point of view.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I do not think Hitman fans are afraid of change; you've got your ideas for what you want out of a game, and that's cool, but I think the general consensus from fans (at least the ones I've seen) is that instinct detracted heavily from the fun of the game.

    I could forgive the linear level design of Absolution, and if you took it for what it was, and not what it could have been, it was still a damn fine game - it just veered away from what people still wanted more of. However, I flat out refused to use instinct. I was able to get past the whole game without it, except for the intro where you are forced to use it to get through the greenhouse - and even then, I tried for over an hour to circumvent it without killing anybody, and without using instinct. I couldn't do it, and I groaned every time I played that level, that it forced me to use a cheap trick. From what I hear, many people felt the same.

    If you've got a system in your game that people are going out of their way trying to avoid, it's time to learn from it and drop it from the next game; or at very least make it completely optional. I appreciated that I could turn off the stuff like seeing enemies through walls, and enemy paths, and I did that before I even played it for the firs time - but the idea of using instinct instead of using a solid disguise system was pretty damn disheartening.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    I'm glad to see someone else share my point of view.
    Sergio also shares your view

    And you forget...again...that having access to Instinct while moving at the same time WHILE seeing the trails where people go is so incredibly overpowered. Map takes you to a different screen so you have to interpret it, you are vulnerable, you don't see people a floor above and below you without manually changing the map (as opposed to instinct), and you have no idea where the patrol routes go.
    signature image

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adebisi View Post
    I do not think Hitman fans are afraid of change; you've got your ideas for what you want out of a game, and that's cool, but I think the general consensus from fans (at least the ones I've seen) is that instinct detracted heavily from the fun of the game.

    I could forgive the linear level design of Absolution, and if you took it for what it was, and not what it could have been, it was still a damn fine game - it just veered away from what people still wanted more of. However, I flat out refused to use instinct. I was able to get past the whole game without it, except for the intro where you are forced to use it to get through the greenhouse - and even then, I tried for over an hour to circumvent it without killing anybody, and without using instinct. I couldn't do it, and I groaned every time I played that level, that it forced me to use a cheap trick. From what I hear, many people felt the same.

    If you've got a system in your game that people are going out of their way trying to avoid, it's time to learn from it and drop it from the next game; or at very least make it completely optional. I appreciated that I could turn off the stuff like seeing enemies through walls, and enemy paths, and I did that before I even played it for the firs time - but the idea of using instinct instead of using a solid disguise system was pretty damn disheartening.
    Again, you people keep lumping everything with the word Instinct. Me and Vikingvern are talking about 47 seeing people through walls, you're talking about a flawed disguise system that forces you to cheat. If Absolution's disguise system, along with the head rub that 47 does, were in Blood Money you would still be forced to cheat or do whatever it is you're talking about. Instinct involved a few different facets, NPC's, the disguise system, point shooting, etc. To use one of these to argue against another just because they're all connected by a word doesn't make any sense.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adebisi View Post
    However, I flat out refused to use instinct. I was able to get past the whole game without it, except for the intro where you are forced to use it to get through the greenhouse - and even then, I tried for over an hour to circumvent it without killing anybody, and without using instinct. I couldn't do it, and I groaned every time I played that level, that it forced me to use a cheap trick. From what I hear, many people felt the same.
    I remember i tried do the same. I was luring guards out to the next room and knocking them out one by one . Have you beaten whole game without using instinct at all? Even without cover your face? I thought it's impossible.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    Again, you people keep lumping everything with the word Instinct. Me and Vikingvern are talking about 47 seeing people through walls, you're talking about a flawed disguise system that forces you to cheat. If Absolution's disguise system, along with the head rub that 47 does, were in Blood Money you would still be forced to cheat or do whatever it is you're talking about. Instinct involved a few different facets, NPC's, the disguise system, point shooting, etc. To use one of these to argue against another just because they're all connected by a word doesn't make any sense.
    I appreciate what you're saying, but I loathe the things you're talking about just as much. The seeing through walls, the highlighting objects; the difference was I was able to turn them off.

    Kewlak: Yes finished the game without covering my face, except for the intro where it forces you too. Should be said though I only played on Hard and Expert, and not Purist, because as you can imagine without instinct, you get spotted a fair few times. But using the checkpoints over and over and over, you are able to get through every section without being spotted and without using instinct. It pretty much involves splinter celling it all the way through though, barely making use of disguises - which is sad. Had to consult Centerstrain01's tutorials sometimes.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adebisi View Post
    I appreciate what you're saying, but I loathe the things you're talking about just as much. The seeing through walls, the highlighting objects; the difference was I was able to turn them off.
    I think what I liked most about seeing NPC's through walls was that I was only aware of everything in my immediate vicinity. If they bring back the map, I would prefer a spotlight style map (off-screen, with a full lay of the land but only a bubble around 47 displaying NPC's, not an in-game mini map) that shows everyone in a short radius around 47, and I would prefer to investigate for my targets, like in Flatline, rather than knowing where he is the whole time. It'll give us a chance to exercise some of those "social stealth" skills everyone's hollering about.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    It'll give us a chance to exercise some of those "social stealth" skills everyone's hollering about.
    Hitman is based on this. Whether you like it or not, every game has implemented it -- to varying degrees of success. Just means you walk out in the open and not get caught instead of sneaking in the shadows. Seeing as this is the 2nd or 3rd time someone had to explain it to you, no more excuses.
    signature image

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    208

    Default

    I think "instinct mode" in every game is killing the game industry.
    >ICARUS FOUND YOU!!!
    >>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    Hitman is based on this. Whether you like it or not, every game has implemented it -- to varying degrees of success. Just means you walk out in the open and not get caught instead of sneaking in the shadows. Seeing as this is the 2nd or 3rd time someone had to explain it to you, no more excuses.
    I don't think I like your attitude, Darth Vader. You said I was hard wired to insult you, maybe that's because of the venomous undertone in most of your comments. I never said I was against social stealth, I just find the term amusing.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    I don't think I like your attitude, Darth Vader. You said I was hard wired to insult you, maybe that's because of the venomous undertone in most of your comments. I never said I was against social stealth, I just find the term amusing.
    Ha you can call me Darth Vader, I like it . Too bad that name is already taken though.

    I dunno. I always get the feeling that you're mocking something or someone. Whatever. It's how I write; if you head over to the Deus Ex forums you'll see plenty of my 'hateful' posts towards the devs (not really, just pissed that they are drastically changing the franchise). Though, like the case with Absolution, almost everyone that has played the original DX was disappointed by the newest game, Human Revolution. You sort of get used to undercutting someone in your posts.

    But you have a bit of a tendency to exaggerate. No one was hollering about social stealth. Some people just said we shouldn't have Splinter Cell-like stealth and used the term. I responded to your comment out of annoyance that you still think the term is made up or you don't believe in it. If you have a better way of classifying Hitman stealth (i.e. hiding in plain sight), do please share.
    signature image

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Yeah, I agree I can sound a bit condescending at times or like an @$$hole.

    No worries.

    I find the term Social Stealth amusing but in a humorous way. A more accurate term, I think, would be Undercover Stealth; doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    I find the term Social Stealth amusing but in a humorous way. A more accurate term, I think, would be Undercover Stealth; doesn't quite have the same ring to it.
    Undercover stealth makes it sound like you are a cop or something. I think we should call it "Hitman stealth". Hey, Splinter Cell has its own stealth named after it.
    signature image

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeMoN_LiMe View Post
    I think "instinct mode" in every game is killing the game industry.
    I'm very selective when it comes to playing games, so I'm not familiar with how rampant it is in video games.

    However, I don't know how you feel about Assassin's Creed, but there's a game where a map would be impractical, due to the vertical depth and the fact that you're climbing and scaling buildings a lot to track down a target. Granted, Hitman isn't like that, but the X-ray vision does have it's purposes.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    I'm very selective when it comes to playing games, so I'm not familiar with how rampant it is in video games.

    However, I don't know how you feel about Assassin's Creed, but there's a game where a map would be impractical, due to the vertical depth and the fact that you're climbing and scaling buildings a lot to track down a target. Granted, Hitman isn't like that, but the X-ray vision does have it's purposes.
    Assassins Creed is less tactical though meaning you don't have to plan your moves as much, you just sort of march your way through.

    The industry has gone to hell. Almost every game has some form of x-ray vision, but that isn't the main reason why the industry is falling apart.
    signature image

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Here's ONE great instinct mode idea! Don't EVER include it in a Hitman game again and let's try to forget that instinct mode ever existed!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Look up.. What he said.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingvern View Post
    But intincts tried to show that he was above the normal person, seeing and noticing things normal people cant notice, and without it he felt to me like a very normal guy, 47 dosent normally feel like a some sort of perfect clone superhuman.
    47 had advantage over enemies even before Absolution. He had increased stamina and wider range of vision (thanks to TPP view )
    Last edited by kewlak; 08-16-2014 at 05:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •