Thread: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Gold Edition info

Exclamation Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Gold Edition info

(click image to enlarge)

Press Release:

LARA CROFT EXPLORES THE TEMPLE OF OSIRIS DECEMBER 9

REDWOOD CITY, CA, USA – Crystal Dynamics, a Square Enix studio, today unveiled new ways to customize your Lara Croft® and the Temple of Osiris™ experience with multiple costume packs, powerful items, and unique weapons. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris launches for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC on December 9, 2014.

A Gold Edition of Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, which features multiple exclusive items including a 3" Lara figurine, an artbook filled with never-before-seen concept art, a folding map of the Overworld, and the Season Pass, will be available at participating North American retailers for Xbox One, PlayStation®4 system, and Windows PC.

Multiple retailer exclusive packs featuring unique skins and character based skills are also available:

• Assassinate Your Enemies with the Hitman® Pack, available on Steam and from participating digital retailers. Pre-order to receive the exclusive Hitman themed skins including the iconic Silverballers and The Agent ring, which gives your character increased weapon damage and more powerful bombs.
    • Pick up the Ultimate Augmentation with the Deus Ex® Pack, only available on Amazon.com. Pre-order to receive the exclusive Deus Ex themed skins, including Adam Jensen's signature combat rifle and the Augment ring, which reduces the cost of treasure chests by 10%.
    • Become a Legend with the Lara Croft Legend Pack, only available at GameStop. Pre-order to receive the nostalgic Tomb Raider® Legend skins including a golden pistol and The Legend ring, which gives your character health regeneration powers and a more powerful torch.
    • The Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Season Pass is available for purchase and includes all future downloadable content including the Icy Death and Twisted Gears Packs. The upcoming DLC Packs offer 6 additional costumes and will challenge Lara, Carter, Horus and Isis to conquer additional tombs and collect a treasure trove of unique rings, amulets and weapons. The Season Pass does not include the pre-order packs.

About Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
    Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris is the sequel to the critically-acclaimed Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light ® , and the first-ever four-player co-op experience with Lara Croft. Featuring stunning visuals and a brand-new story, players must work together to explore the temple, defeat hordes of enemies from the Egyptian underworld, solve devious puzzles, and avoid deadly traps. All the while, players will compete for treasure, powerful artifacts, and ultimate bragging rights.

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris takes place deep in the deserts of Egypt. In her new adventure, Lara must join forces with rival treasure hunter Carter Bell and imprisoned gods Horus and Isis, to defeat the evil god Set. As Lara and her companions fight the elements of nature across the sands and through ancient tombs, they will battle legendary deities and creatures of myth. With the fate of the world at stake, Lara must recover the fragments of Osiris to stop Set from enslaving all mankind.

About Square Enix, Inc. Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix Group. The Square Enix Group operates a global network of leading development studios and boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property, including: FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 100 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 62 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 35 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.

More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at http://www.na.square-enix.com/.

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris © 2014

CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, LARA CROFT, the TEMPLE OF OSIRIS, the LARA CROFT AND THE TEMPLE OF OSIRIS logo, DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, TOMB RAIDER, GUARDIAN OF LIGHT, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix Group. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
    TombNews | Gematsu
    Last edited by Treeble; 08-08-2014 at 08:05 AM. Reason: added image

I would LOVE that mini Lara figurine :3
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    The Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Season Pass is available for purchase and includes all future downloadable content including the Icy Death and Twisted Gears Packs. The upcoming DLC Packs offer 6 additional costumes and will challenge Lara, Carter, Horus and Isis to conquer additional tombs and collect a treasure trove of unique rings, amulets and weapons. The Season Pass does not include the pre-order packs.
    Ugh! I was afraid of this... Square Enix has started cutting out content to sell it back to us. Gosh, they're not even secretive about it: they're like: 'yeah, the game hasn't come out yet, but this, this right here, is what's going to be added to it in the future. If you hand over more of your cash of course.'

NOT COOL, SQUARE ENIX! BOOOOOOOH!

Well, it doesn't really come across as a surprise there's going to be DLC for this game. However, "Icy" doesn't really take me to the Egyptian setting of the game, so maybe it's not exactly cut content after all.

I do feel disappointed, seeing how restraint TR9 was in regards to DLC. Sure, there was one tomb, but still, compared to what's going on elsewhere in the video game business TR9 was exemplatory and it showed that it took it's consumers serious: treated them with respect instead of a cash machine.

But this: if they get away with this, then were is this going to end? What will they think next? That they'll also get away with taking away a few hours of gameplay of TR10?

Dude, it's a set of puzzles, just like in GoL, I highly doubt they'll have any story so you can easily just not buy them, right?

lmao what is that figure?

WAIT A MINUTE.

This very thing right here is the Gold edition, right? Because 80 euros for the base game would be something terrible

Also, on Steam the game's price is 20 euros, so yeah. I think that Amazon forgot to put a ''Gold edition'' after the title.

^ Yeah, I noticed on the UK Amazon they had full-retail pricing, I'm sure it's just a place-holder though

Scot Amos mentioned on the PlayStation livestream yesterday the Gold Edition will be priced 34.99 USD. It's a very reasonable pricing (I expect the game will be 19.99 USD and the Season Pass an addition 9.99 USD).

If the game costs 20 EUR, it's likely the Gold Edition should cost about 35 EUR too?

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    ^ Yeah, I noticed on the UK Amazon they had full-retail pricing, I'm sure it's just a place-holder though
    That would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    Scot Amos mentioned on the PlayStation livestream yesterday the Gold Edition will be priced 34.99 USD. It's a very reasonable pricing (I expect the game will be 19.99 USD and the Season Pass an addition 9.99 USD).

If the game costs 20 EUR, it's likely the Gold Edition should cost about 35 EUR too?
    Well, if the game and the season pass alone will cost 30 EUR, I higly doubt that all the other stuff present in the Gold Edition will be charged for only 5 EUR.

I mean, there's a whole art book in there. And also a map and a figurine and stuff.

Well, my prices for the game+DLC are based on guesses lol. Steam only shows me values on my currency, so I tried 'converting' them to USD. Scot Amos has pretty much confirmed the Gold Edition will cost 35 USD though.

Yeah, watching the stream I noticed that he clearly says 34.99$.

But still, on Steam the Game + Season Pass cost 30$ :/

I am so stoked for The Gold Edition! You can't beat the $34.99 price tag.

Does anyone know if the US version for the XB1 will work in the UK?
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

I created a thread on the XBOX Feedback page - maybe this will help us European users to get the retail Version too.
    Please Vote!
    http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251...needs-a-retail

I need an official confirmation on the Gold Edition. Does it come with everything? All exclusive skins from everywhere? *rolls eyes* And, YES this is for the PC of course - you know, that obsolete thing Tomb Raider used to be sold on since the very beginning...

It says here:

"A Gold Edition of Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, which features multiple exclusive items"

Your marketing tactics by neutering the game really ticks me off. I don't know what I'm getting by the words chosen to describe your product. I want the FULL damn package, not something chopped up and pieced out.
    Last edited by Terminal Meltdown; 08-15-2014 at 03:03 AM.

From what we know, no. The pre-order incentives (Hitman, Deus Ex and Legend skin packs) are not included in the Gold Edition.