Thread: Trophies/Achievements

Wink Trophies/Achievements

Just an early request, keep them reasonable like the first game. I hope you don't implement savage trophies that are too time consuming. None that require playing the game multiple times, this can get boring. And please create an in-game guide like InFAMOUS: Second Son that reveals the location of relics, red skulls, weapons, artifacts. The game looks awesome but the trophies will impact my purchasing decision

I hope it follows a similar pattern to LCGoL. However, considering there are differences now between achievement and trophy lists, I strongly believe we will see a platinum trophy on the PS4 version (not sure if 1000G or 400G though).

Quote Originally Posted by SpyDude View Post
    Just an early request, keep them reasonable like the first game. I hope you don't implement savage trophies that are too time consuming. None that require playing the game multiple times, this can get boring. And please create an in-game guide like InFAMOUS: Second Son that reveals the location of relics, red skulls, weapons, artifacts. The game looks awesome but the trophies will impact my purchasing decision

Agreed. I gave up as some of them were near impossible.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

^ Which ones, you mean? Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light had a very simple and straightforward set. Hardest trophies/achievements in a Tomb Raider game so far were the multiplayer ones in the reboot because, well, multiplayer.

Has anyone ever actually gotten the "Tomb Raider" achievement/trophy from 'G.o.L.'? And if so, how many days did it take you? I've been cracking away at it for about 4 days now, and I think I'm pretty much ready to call it a lost cause.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

I got it (the first time) within 3 days, and that's working full time and only playing at night. Second time around (Steam) would have been much quicker, but I was playing co-op with Stella so we ended up taking the better part of two+ months to find times that worked for both of us etc.

It's not really difficult once you have the basics in your belt. Any particular challenge troubling you?

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    I got it (the first time) within 3 days, and that's working full time and only playing at night. Second time around (Steam) would have been much quicker, but I was playing co-op with Stella so we ended up taking the better part of two+ months to find times that worked for both of us etc.

It's not really difficult once you have the basics in your belt. Any particular challenge troubling you?
    Time trials mainly. I stick to the unwritten law of "roll, don't run" and try to avoid combat when I can, but it's just not working out for me for some reason. I tried the "Spider Tomb" speedrun last night 3 times and JUST missed the limit each time. I dunno, maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the maps yet.

Still can't get high score markson a couple of them as well. Mainly the T-Rex fight. He keeps killing some of the spiders that run out of the tombs, stealing my points.
    signature image

It all comes down to your loadout. Carrying the golden shotgun and any good dual SMG is the key to success, coupled with relics that provide ammo regen. Keeping a streak with these weapons is relatively easy so can you make short work of most enemies and never really caring about ammo (or health if you have the best relics equipped) - plus when you have a full relic meter your gems/kills are worth twice as much.

The only really aggravating challenges are the two "hole in one" and killing all enemies on the pillars in Jaws of Death, but with a little bit of patience and some practice they can be done.

It all comes down to your loadout. Carrying the golden shotgun and any good dual SMG is the key to success
    Yeah I'd typically stuck with the rocket launcher, dual pistols, and golden shotgun and more or less ignored all the other weapons. I'd never even thought about the dual SMGs. Been trying them out tonight with more pleasing results. Thanx for the tip. I've decided to just go for all the high score marks and red skulls I've been missing and just worry about time trials later.
    signature image

Hopefully each player that you play locally with on the ps4 can get trophies too as long as they're logged into their psn account on their controller.

Not sure whether this will be an issue or not. Just it seems some games allow all local players to get trophies ( such as Diablo 3) whereas some others seem to forget to allow it ( such as the lego games). This was an issue on the PS3 but things were fixed for the ps4 so it should be enabled in every game.

I always like reasonable trophies. I don't mind having to work hard to get them. The worst ones are where you need a coincidence to occur and sure you may get lucky and t happens but sometimes you try and try to force it to occur but the enemy AI just never behave in the right way.
    signature image

^ Which ones, you mean? Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light had a very simple and straightforward set. Hardest trophies/achievements in a Tomb Raider game so far were the multiplayer ones in the reboot because, well, multiplayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    Has anyone ever actually gotten the "Tomb Raider" achievement/trophy from 'G.o.L.'? And if so, how many days did it take you? I've been cracking away at it for about 4 days now, and I think I'm pretty much ready to call it a lost cause.
    This^^

There's only so much time I will spend to to try to get The Tomb Raider achievement, and believe me I did try.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image