Thread: Tomb Raider 1 (From Tomb Raider bundle by SE) BSOD's on startup

Default Tomb Raider 1 (From Tomb Raider bundle by SE) BSOD's on startup

Hello dear Tomb Raider fans.
    I bought the PC TR version called "Tomb Raider bundle" by Square Enix which includes 9 games.
    At first the game started, but while on the game menu and using a logitech rumblepad 2, the menu kept spinning out of control.

So I did what anyone would, searched online to find a solution. I then proceeded to change the dosbox config line [joystick] timed=true to false, and of course this brought me with a blue screen of death when I started the game Now I can't even access the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled, which is a very laborious process, since it takes ten minutes to understand that I pressed the setup button. (No mention of the autoplay menu, it doesn't remotely work).

I've spent one day trying to fix this problem, and was wondering if any of you had any ideas. I searched through this site for the usual solutions and I have updated my GPU to no effect.

My laptop is a Sony Vaio VGNAR71M with the following specs:
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 2.1GHz
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8400M GT (Driver version : 7.15.11.6760) (latest)
    RAM: 4 GB DDR2
    No firewalls, no anti-virus programs installed

TombRaider.log Not found (There is no such file on my documents, I didn't buy this game on steam)
    No crash report found anywhere either

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...pscecb81f6.jpg

Thanks in advance

edit: i managed to not get it to lue screen, now it just crashes the dosbox. is there a crash report to be found anywhere?
    Last edited by eru777; 08-04-2014 at 05:51 AM.