Thread: Deus Ex HR DC Hard System Crash on Win 8.1 64-bit

Thumbs down Deus Ex HR DC Hard System Crash on Win 8.1 64-bit

This game is the only piece of software that makes my computer spontaneously reboot. Nothing should do that. Same computer, no hardware changes, didn't do this on Windows Vista. Since 8.1 fresh install, this happens. More detail here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...56#post2013856

i expect zero action from Eidos, but i'm posting this anyway because i'd rather see this forum full of postings on problems with this software so that any potential new customers who consider checking forums first are informed about the facts of this game and the companies that developed and published it.

Haven't have problems with it on Windows 8.1 64 bit. Maybe missing some components after the fresh install? I guess you already tried verifing all the files and stuff? What are your specs?

By the way, Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands is way worse, it made my Windows 8's registry go ape and had to reinstall because the apps wouldn't work anymore in the account that had played that goddamned game! But all the other accounts still worked fine, WHAT THE , UBISOFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Franubis View Post
    Haven't have problems with it on Windows 8.1 64 bit. Maybe missing some components after the fresh install? I guess you already tried verifing all the files and stuff? What are your specs?
    It's a fresh install, from legit media. There's nothing to check. i suspect Win 8.1 just handles GPU issues far worse than Vista. How amusing. Not, actually. My system is 64-bit Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3GHz, 8GB RAM. EVGA motherboard. BFG nvidia 8800GTX. A ton of fans in a big case.

Quote Originally Posted by Franubis View Post
    By the way, Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands is way worse, it made my Windows 8's registry go ape and had to reinstall because the apps wouldn't work anymore in the account that had played that goddamned game! But all the other accounts still worked fine, WHAT THE , UBISOFT.
    Thank Microsoft for inventing the registry in the first place, the worst monolithic central fault feature in the system, which grows in size the more you use the OS, and for making so much of Windows be a target for installing junk and wasting resources with plugins and addons and services and... just generally being an all around sloppy system architecture that asks for trouble. The registry should have been eliminated years ago, or just never created in the first place.