Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Top 5

Regarding this Mass Effect discussion, I'm afraid I'll have to respectfully disagree with you, Adele. Playing the Mass Effect trilogy without starting at the original Mass Effect is like watching the original Star Wars Trilogy without watching A New Hope. It feels incomplete and you are missing a lot, as you are coming in the second part of the story. You miss all the great introductions to the characters, and you don't feel as if you are being reunited with Shepard's crew (since you neglected to play the first one). I believe the they compliment each other. Just as you can't watch The Empire Strikes Back first, you can't play Mass Effect 2 first. I would never advise anyone to ever start anywhere but the first Mass Effect, as the story just doesn't work as well without starting at the beginning.

But hey, that's just my opinion, to each their own.

Also, speaking of Mass Effect...http://kotaku.com/bioware-asking-wha...ium=Socialflow
    signature image

I totally agree with you! But every time I introduce someone to the series, they quit before they even finished the first game. And when I tell them ME2/3 are probably to their taste, they don't trust me anymore and say: ''Yeah, never mind''. :/

Obviously ME2 is that much better when you've played ME1 as well. But a lot of people can't make it through our beloved 7 year old game. So I advice them to play a little of 2 and then get ME1. That usually plays out

And please BioWare. I want the Trilogy for PS4. Even more than ME4!

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    I totally agree with you! But every time I introduce someone to the series, they quit before they even finished the first game. And when I tell them ME2/3 are probably to their taste, they don't trust me anymore and say: ''Yeah, never mind''. :/

Obviously ME2 is that much better when you've played ME1 as well. But a lot of people can't make it through our beloved 7 year old game. So I advice them to play a little of 2 and then get ME1. That usually plays out

And please BioWare. I want the Trilogy for PS4. Even more than ME4!
    Ah, okay, I see your point. What a shame though, as I guess I'm one of the few people who actually enjoys the Mass Effect 1 gameplay.

And yes, a next-gen remaster would be utterly fantastic.
    signature image

Well, I've just finished up a 5.5 hour road trip, which is always a joy to listen to music on. What does that have to do with this thread? It means it's time for Winter's...

Top 5 Sega Genesis/Megadrive Songs! (Thank you, thank you! You're too kind! Seriously, no standing ovation!)

Now, I'm sure some of these have proper names, and if I get any of them wrong I do apologize. I go by the names I find online. Anyways, 16 bit music at it's best, in my opinion, starting with...

#5 Song: "Stage 1:2", Game: 'Decap Attack'. Not many people remember this game, or have actually played it, which is a shame. Great side scroller, great soundtrack.

#4 Song: "Under The Ocean", Game: 'Wonderboy In Monster World'. Sega tried so hard to have their own 'Legend of Zelda' twice, and I feel they came this close with the 'Wonderboy' series. For whatever reason, it just didn't work out. Again, a shame. Fantastic game. Soundtrack? Meh, it's ok. But this track is excellent.

#3 Song: "Funkotronic Beat", Game: 'Toejam & Earl'. Is this a catchy slice of Funkodelia? Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh boi! (If I can evoke a bit of... Flava Flav) I haven't met anyone who's played this game that hasn't gotten into the tunes of this game. And every time I hear it now, I nod my head and curl up reeeaaaal tiny to creep past mailboxes, just in case they feel like chasing after me...

#2 Song: Um, I call it "Stage 1", 'cos that's all I know it by. Sorry. Game: 'Ghouls 'N Ghosts'. What a perfect number to slay zombies and weird pig monsters to. I've read it's an actual waltz written in the 1800's, but I've never been able to verify this. It wouldn't surprise me tho, given it is very waltz-y and I can easily picture some counts and their ladies swinging away to it.

#1 Song: "Starlight Zone", Game: 'Sonic The Hedgehog'. I could not do this list without a Sonic tune in it. Those first 4.5 games had such amazing music, it was hard to pick. But when I play game music on my MP3 player, this is the Sonic tune I gravitate towards most. It's just so relaxing to me. And yet, it's still fairly fast paced. Sonic couldn't even have a full on slow tempo song on his soundtrack. Talk about a speed freak...

Last edited by WinterSoldier; 11-09-2014 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Typo. Now Typo: negative. Heh. You see what I did there? Type-O Negative? No. Oh, ok...
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Top 5 Movies To Watch When You Don't Know What To Watch:

5. "Father Of The Bride" (original 1950's version)

4. "Aliens"

3. "Airplane!"

2. "Heavy Metal In Baghdad" (excellent documentary)

1. "Dark City"
    signature image

So much nostalgia in that top-5! ^^

Speaking of which...
    Top-5 memorable tracks from previous generation!

1. My Hands - Final Fantasy XIII

2. Title Screen - Mass Effect 3

3. I'm not Calling you a Liar - Dragon Age 2

4. Title Screen - Tomb Raider '13

5. Main theme - The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    So much nostalgia in that top-5! ^^

Speaking of which...
    Top-5 memorable tracks from previous generation!...
    ...5. Main theme - The Last of Us
    Yeah I suppose there is isn't there? I didn't even notice. I guess for me they just don't make movies like they used to. I rarely check out newer flicks. Last one I saw in the theater was "Silent Hill: Revelation", and last new movie I checked out on dvd was "The Lego Movie". I just don't keep up anymore.

And you know, I never got into 'The Last Of Us', but I loved what I heard on the soundtrack. That's a good pick.
    signature image

If you own a PS3/PS4. you must own The Last of Us. You got me into the Alien franchise, I'm gonna return the favor by saying: Go play TLoU!

I've got it, I just can't get into it for some reason. I think the furthest I've gotten is the capital building. I always lose interest in it around that point for some reason. I'll finish it at some point.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    I've got it, I just can't get into it for some reason. I think the furthest I've gotten is the capital building. I always lose interest in it around that point for some reason. I'll finish it at some point.
    Ooh, it is one of my favorite games of all-time! It's amazing, I beat it in one 14-hour session!!!
    signature image

The first time I played it was on PS3. I thought it was okay. I had just played TR'13 so the scale was a little off since I loved that game. When I got Remastered it was the real experience for me.

Top-5 VG moments that made me cry.
    Caution. Spoilers ahead!

1. Mass Effect 3 - SPOILERS

2. StarFox Assault - SPOILERS

3. Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - SPOILERS

4. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II SPOILERS

5. Tomb Raider '13 SPOILERS

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456