5. LittleBigPlanet
    signature image

Top 5 Two Steps From Hell music

1. Heart of Courage.
    2. After the Fall
    3. Blackheart
    4. Winterspell
    5. Cassandra

Top 5 numbers in the numerical system.....

.....awww come on guys, that was a no-brainer!
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Top 5 most beautiful Laras
    1) Tomb Raider Legend
    2) Tomb Raider 2013
    3) Tomb Raider 3
    4) Tomb Raider Anniversary
    5) Tomb Raider Underworld
    "Death by irony is always painful...amateurs" ~ Lara Croft 2006

Released PS3 I still wanna have:

1. Beyond Two Souls
    2. LEGO Star Wars Saga
    3. Batman Arkham Trilogy
    4. Alice: Madness Returns
    5. Lost Planet 1

... my wife has to learn :

1) cooking
    2) shut up... sometimes
    3) be crazy more often
    4) stop calling me "her petunia" (...I know, it's really strange...)
    5) that I love her, with or without 1,2,3,4

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    5. Lost Planet 1
    Jerky controls, but otherwise great game. YES, check it out sometime.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    Jerky controls, but otherwise great game. YES, check it out sometime.
    I own Last Planet 2. Can I just start there or will I miss a lot?

My top 5 things I hate about books

1. Romance.
    Nothing is wrong with a little romance. But does every young adult female character need to fall in love with a stranger.. and so quickly too? My record is at 18 pages before the future boyfriend hits the scene. This is where I gave up on young adult fantasy novels.

2. Too many characters
    Tons of books suffer from this. I prefer quality over quantity. The current Star Wars book I'm reading has 5 character perspectives. I find that 2 too many. And yes, in some books I end up quickly scanning a character perspective and skipping the biggest part of it.

3. Perspectives from more than 1 character at once.
    I hate it when there's not a central perspective. It confuses me.

4. Male main characters
    When I find a detective the first thing I do is check the back and scan for the word 'he'. If I find it I put it down quickly. But it depends on the genre too. For example, when it's game or movie based (Like Mass Effect or Star Wars) or a certain writer I like, I don't mind. Otherwise it's an easy way to select books.

5. Being sooo predictable and wanna-be exciting
    I'm looking at you Mortal Instruments. I hate books that try too hard to leave the reader in awe about a plottwist. Which was predictable from the very beginning. I rather have writer mislead the reader, like Drew Karpysyn or Lisa Gardner.

I own Last Planet 2. Can I just start there or will I miss a lot?
    I have no idea. I've not played any of the others yet. Sorry to be unhelpful on that.

Top 5 PlayStation 2 games:

1. Silent Hill 2. In the ever ongoing debate of "Are video games art?", THIS is one of the prime examples of "Yes they are."

2. GTA: San Andreas. Still enjoyable today, and the high water mark of the series based on what I've seen (I've not played 4 or 5 yet). This is a game I've personally played at least 15 times by now, and every time I play it I STILL find new locations. And as someone who grew up in the 90's, I get a nostalgic feeling. Not so much a "Yeah, those were good days." but more "Yeah, I remember that."

3. Tomb Raider: Legend

4. Metal Gear Solid 3. Much like 'San Andreas', this set the bar extremely high for the series, mainly in terms of emotional connectivity. It's very action-centric, but also very sad. And done very well.

5. Final Fantasy 12. Why was this not included in the HD collection a couple years back? Yeah, it's not related to the 'FFX' story, but it's a far better game. And the turn based combat can be switched off so you can go real time! Yay! And "Fireagagagagaga" looks awesome!
    signature image

My top 5 favorite songs to perform at Famous Door in New Orleans

1. Southern Cross- Crosby, Stills, and Nash
    2. Hey, Jude - The Beatles
    3. In the Air Tonight- Phil Collins
    4. Hotel California- The Eagles
    5. Rebel Yell- Billy Idol

Top 5 Classic Doctor Who Enemies

1. Daleks
    2. Cybermen
    3. Autons
    4. Silurians
    5. Sontarans
    Last edited by The Zoo Boy; 09-18-2014 at 05:35 PM.
    signature image

My top 5 VG credits (As in the ones I really enjoyed watching or feels etc.)

1. Dragon Age 2
    2. Mass Effect 3: After the Fall
    3. Final Fantasy XIII-3
    3. Lylat Wars aka StarFox 64
    4. Sly 2: Band of Thieves
    5. StarFox Adventures

*I actually think that credits may be one of my favorite parts of the entire game. Seeinf the staff roll makes you feel accomplished and usuallu brings back memories of your previous adventure. I nÚver skip credits.

The five best game starts:

1. Planescape: Torment. you wake up on a mortuary slab, rise to your feet, and are greeted by a talking skull who says 'Hiya Chief!' Are you hooked yet? Of course you are!

2. Broken Sword. Obviously.

3. Witcher 2:

4. Deathtrap Dungeon:

5. FF12

signature image

Top 5 NuWho Enemies

1. Weeping Angels
    2. Vashta Nerada
    3. Silents
    4. Ood
    5. Clockwork Repair Droids
    signature image

My top 5 VG credits (As in the ones I really enjoyed watching or feels etc.)

1. Dragon Age 2
    2. Mass Effect 3: After the Fall
    3. Final Fantasy XIII-3
    3. Lylat Wars aka StarFox 64
    4. Sly 2: Band of Thieves
    5. StarFox Adventures

*I actually think that credits may be one of my favorite parts of the entire game. Seeinf the staff roll makes you feel accomplished and usuallu brings back memories of your previous adventure. I nÚver skip credits.
    I can get that in some ways....kinda like watching the end credits of a movie that you just took part in....of course, it doesn't fully feel that way unless the credits say: "...and you", or something like that.

Unless the credits have some entertainment value, I will usually only watch up to the voice actor and music composer credits.

I nÚver skip credits.
    I don't either. Not since MGS1 taught me that you can miss out on "easter eggs" of sorts once they've finished rolling. Shame not too many games do that nowadays. The Dead Space series is the only "new" series that I've found that does.
    signature image

I find a simple white text on black going up good enough. It's just so satisfying! I watched the DA: 2 credits a few times. Not by beating the game again, but by clicking on 'credits' in the main menu. It's just so good! My favorite vocalist is Florence & the Machine, she's not a big celebrity or anything, yet she made a song for DA: 2 called 'I'm not Calling You a Liar'. Eargasm, totally. And after that there is 'Rogue Heart'. Both of these songs are just so incredibly good, I love watching that credits and see all the names roll over the screen. You could say I'm a credits junky.

Top 5 books:
    1. Mass Effect series (Drew Karpyshin, William C. Dietz)
    2. The Hunger Games trilogy (Suzanne Collins)
    3. Star Wars: Darth Bane trilogy (Drew Karpyshyn)
    4. Catch Me and Love you More (Lisa Gardner)
    5. Silence of the Lambs (Thomas Harris)

Top 5 Sega Genesis/Master System Games:

1. Toejam & Earl. I have a lot of great memories of playing this game with my cousin when I was a kid. And I think this is the only game we were able to play together that never once made us argue about how the other person was playing. And the music kicked ass.

2. Ghouls 'N Ghosts. Probably the hardest game I've ever played, and if you've played it you know why. But it was one of the few intentionally difficult games (it was designed to be a quarter sucker at arcades) that was actually a fun challenge.

3. Wonderboy In Monster World. Great RPG/side scroller, and a shame it seems to be forgotten by a lot of people.

4. Landstalker. Sega's 'Zelda' wannabe that was fun and had some pretty funny dialogue. Which was intentionally funny.

5. Spider-Man. For a comic nerd, this was the dream come true in gaming. Spider-Man did Spider-Man stuff, and it actually worked and was awesome. This was the first time before 'Spider-Man' for the PS1 that you actually WERE Spider-Man. Throw in a lot of his best villians from the comics, a plot that involves rescuing Mary Jane from being dropped into a vat of acid by the Kingpin, great beat-'em-up gameplay, and this is still enjoyable today.
    signature image

Top 5 Emotional Scenes in NuWho (Elliot will love this, I'm sure )

1. Tenth Doctor wipes Donna's memory (Please don't make me go back!)
    2. Eleventh Doctor shows Vincent Van Gogh his future success (Only time I cried out of happiness on this list.)
    3. Clara sacrifices herself for The Doctor by jumping into his timestream (Run...run you clever boy...and remember me.)
    4. Tenth Doctor's regeneration into the Eleventh Doctor (I don't want to go.)
    5. The Doctor Leaves Rose FOR THE FIRST TIME (I suppose...if it's my last chance to say it...Rose Tyler...)

I cried at 1-3.
    signature image

Top 5 female characters in video games

1. Commander Shepard (Lead, Mass Effect trilogy)
    2. Claire 'Lightning' Farron (Lead, Final Fantasy XIII trilogy)
    3. Elena Fisher (Uncharted trilogy)
    4. Krystal (StarFox Adventures/Assault/Command)
    5. Lara Croft (Lead Tomb Raider series)

Zoo,

Yeah, I'd disagree with almost all of your top emotional moments in NuWho. I don't even like some of them. These are my top five:

1. Matt Smith regenerates into Peter Capaldi. That entire scene is terrific, from Smith's breath on a mirror speech to Capaldi's 'just born' stare at Clara - the first thing his new eyes see. Stuff Tennant, I didn't want Smith to go.

2. Ten says goodbye to Rose. 'I burned up a star just to say goodbye'. All the things that are so nearly said make this a rare moment of genuine heartbreak.

3. The death of Reinette in The Girl In The Fireplace. The Doctor, half in love, rushes to pick up his new Companion, only to find out that she has died. It's the perfect end to the best potted biopic in Who history.

4. Van Gogh sees the future of his work. I have to agree with you that this is a genuinely happy moment.

5. 'Hello Sarah Jane'. After all this time, Sarah Jane Smith meets The Doctor again in School Reunion. And it works so, so well.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    Zoo,

Yeah, I'd disagree with almost all of your top emotional moments in NuWho. I don't even like some of them. These are my top five:

1. Matt Smith regenerates into Peter Capaldi. That entire scene is terrific, from Smith's breath on a mirror speech to Capaldi's 'just born' stare at Clara - the first thing his new eyes see. Stuff Tennant, I didn't want Smith to go.

2. Ten says goodbye to Rose. 'I burned up a star just to say goodbye'. All the things that are so nearly said make this a rare moment of genuine heartbreak.

3. The death of Reinette in The Girl In The Fireplace. The Doctor, half in love, rushes to pick up his new Companion, only to find out that she has died. It's the perfect end to the best potted biopic in Who history.

4. Van Gogh sees the future of his work. I have to agree with you that this is a genuinely happy moment.

5. 'Hello Sarah Jane'. After all this time, Sarah Jane Smith meets The Doctor again in School Reunion. And it works so, so well.
    Oh, yes!!! You are right!!! You included so many I missed!!! Here is my amended list, which much more thought went into. So with careful consideration here is my now complete list, because why not be special, it's Doctor Who, so I won't be limiting myself to five.

Top Emotional Scenes in NuWho

1. Eleven shows Vincent Van Gogh his future success.

The look on Van Gogh's face says it all. What a wonder it must have been, to see how successful he was after living the way he did.

2. Ten wipes Donna's memory (Please don't make me go back!)

Donna's look of horror and the fact that she becomes the Donna nobody really liked greatly saddens me. She grew so much while traveling with The Doctor.

3. Amy and Rory willing to possibly jump to their death in order to not live without one another (Together, or not at all.)

This scene is the epitome of the Ponds' love for each other. Rory, the man who waited over 2000 years for her, and Amy, the woman who sacrificed her older self to give her husband a chance to live out his days and grow old with the younger version of her. They love each other enough to risk death rather than live without the other. A great scene that shows their true love for each other.

4. Oswin realizing she is a Dalek and then telling The Doctor to run.

This revelation was of such great impact due to the way Oswin reacted to it.

5. Clara sacrifices herself for The Doctor by jumping into his timestream (Run...run you clever boy...and remember me.)

A girl who loved The Doctor so much, she "gave" her life for him.

6. All Thirteen Doctors save Gallifrey (Oh, hundreds and hundreds, but don't worry, I started a very long time ago. You might say I've been doing this all my lives.)

I don't know why, but this scene makes me tear up every time. Perhaps it is because of all The Doctors uniting at once, perhaps it is due to realizing that the Time Lords are not dead, but whatever the reason, this scene is a great reunion of all The Doctors and a great ending to the 50th Anniversary Special.

7. Eleven's "Rings of Akhaten" speech (So, go on then, take mine. Take my memories.)
    A wonderful speech by a fantastic actor. Matt Smith's emotion and his unbelievable performance shows that although Smith is the youngest Doctor yet, you truly believe he is the oldest. That face makes you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he has lived for hundreds of years.

8. The Tenth Doctor's regeneration into the Eleventh Doctor (I don't want to go.)

Although not my favorite regeneration, the fact that Ten didn't want to go made it unbearable, and after watching all of the regeneration scenes, I feel as if he is the only incarnation of The Doctor who feared regenerating. As I watched it for the first time, I immediately missed Tennant, and, ironically, loathed Smith in his first scene (still don't really like Matt's first scene in the TARDIS). Overall, Tennant was MY Doctor.

9. Reinette's death (Wish me luck. "No.")

My favorite episode of NuWho. All Reinette had to do was keep her mouth shut, and she would have been with The Doctor all her life. But she loved The Doctor too much for that, even more than she wanted to be with him. The fact that he arrives just after she has passed is heartbreaking, and you see the look of regret and sorrow on his face. She could have been my favorite full-time companion, but now she is imbedded in my mind as the best one-off companion by far.

10. The Doctor Leaves Rose for the first time (I suppose...if it's my last chance to say it...Rose Tyler...)

He FINALLY was gonna say it. Rose was the first real romantic interest of The Doctor's after Susan's grandmother (who we never saw on-screen). You could tell without a doubt that he loved her, but the fact that he didn't get the chance to say it broke both of their hearts, as well as many a fans.

11. Amy allows herself to be taken by a Weeping Angel. (Raggedy man...goodbye).

The love Amy has for Rory once again proves to be above all. She was willing to never see The Doctor again, never travel again in the TARDIS, never see her own daughter again, just for Rory. The look on The Doctor's face shows how hurt he is, how sorry he is for the loss of the Ponds.

12. Tennant's "final reward".

You can see The Doctor's anger in his speech. The Doctor could indeed do so much more, but he is too good of a man to let Wilf die. Afterwards, he gets his reward, and it's a farewell tour of sadness thorough all of his companions (we later learn he visited ALL of his companions, not just from his Tenth incarnation). The saddest part to me was not him meeting a younger Rose (although that was sad), but him meeting Verity Newman, Joan Redfern's great-granddaughter. When she asks him if he was happy, he looks like he is about to cry, almost saying "Not always, not after all of the pain and all of the people I've hurt and all those who I manipulated and fashioned into weapons." All that with a simple look. Tennant's acting, once again, reigns supreme. Another part of this scene that always touches me is how The Doctor went back in time and borrowed a quid off of Geoffrey Noble. What a touching scene. "Have that, he said. Have that on me."

13. Doctor Leaves Rose for the second time.

After travelling across parallel universes to be with The Doctor again, Rose finally gets her wish, albeit, not in the way she originally had hoped. But what makes this scene sad for me, is the look on The Doctor's face when he sees Rose kiss the Meta Crisis Doctor. He couldn't admit it, to himself or to her, that he loved her. Reminds me of that line in "The Satan Pit": "Tell Rose...tell her...oh, she knows." This doesn't change the fact that he did indeed love her, so I can't imagine how much that hurt him.

14. The Eleventh Doctor's regeneration into the Twelfth Doctor (I will not forget one line of this. Not one day. I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me.)

My favorite regeneration. I listen to Matt's speech almost daily, although that may be a bit unhealthy. A drastic change from Ten fearing his regeneration, Eleven not only accepted his, but welcomed in, saying that "we all change", and his speech can be applied to real live to boot. What's more, is the breaking off the fourth wall The Doctor does with a quick look to the camera as he says "I will always remember when The Doctor was me.", basically implying that besides Eleven talking to Clara, Smith is talking to the audience. His abrupt regeneration also forces us to skip the sadness and go right into dissecting Capaldi's first scene, and enjoy the wackiness of his first few lines (Kidneys! I've got new kidneys! I don't like the color.) First winning me over with his "Basically...run." quote in "The Eleventh Hour" after being skeptical of him until then, Smith has grown to become my second favorite Doctor, ironic in the fact that after Tennant's run, I stopped watching Doctor Who regularly because of the bad taste in my mouth Smith initially left, until the time period between the S7 finale and DotD, where I watched Smith's entire run on DVD. An overall great scene.

15. Eleven's phone call to Clara from Trenzalore (Clara, please, hey, for me, help him. Go on. And don't be afraid. Goodbye, Clara. Miss ya.)

Although this was an undeniably a fanservice-y and unneeded scene, and Matt Smith was mainly talking to the younger fans who may not have accepted Capaldi yet rather than Clara, this doesn't change the fact that it was a nice, sweet scene. This is the scene which hit me hard and realized how much I was going to miss Matt Smith. Also, the part at the end where you see how hurt Twelve is due to the fact that Clara doesn't view him as "her" Doctor was a nice touch, and seeing the sadness in Capaldi's face added to the overall emotion of the scene.

16. River Song's farewell to Eleven (Goodbye, sweetie.)

Eleven finally revealed that he could see River all along, but it hurt him too much to acknowledge her. Although I wasn't the biggest fan of River, even I couldn't help but feel sad at this touching goodbye.

17. The Ninth Doctor's regeneration into the Tenth Doctor (And Rose, before I go, I just wanted to say that you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what, so was I.)

Although Tennant was my first Doctor, I was still sad to see Eccelston go after I saw his season. He was the first of the "new" Doctors, and he was a great choice to start.

18. Eleven learns of The Brigadier's death.

After running from his death, he finally decides to go to Lake Silencio and confront it, after learning that his old friend Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart has passed away, The Doctor is smacked in the face with reality and realizes he can't run any more (and for a real life note, as the only episodes featuring The Brigadier are from Pertwee's tenure, I miss the Brigadier already).

19. The War Doctor about to destroy Gallifrey (Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame.)

You can see the sadness in The Doctor's face, and when Ten and Eleven join him, you see this was something The Doctor had to do, however terrible, as there is no other way (or so we think).

20. Ten reunites with Sarah Jane Smith (

Seeing this scene first as a NuWho only viewer, it still packed an emotional punch due to Tennant's suberb acting. You really felt that Sarah Jane was an old friend, coming back. Same with K-9.

Honorable Mentions: Both Jenny's deaths. The Doctor's daughter showed that she was just like The Doctor, willing to sacrifice herself for those she loved, and Jenny Flint's death was sad, just because of how she announced it "Sorry ma'am, so sorry, I think I've been murdered." and to the sudden blow and realization of what had just happened. Sadly, both of these deaths were cheapened by the revival of both of these characters just minutes after they had died.

Sidenote: I cried during the first seven.

P.S: I KNOW for a fact that I have missed one, as I had it on the tip of my tongue, but I forgot it while writing this. If I remember, I will update this post.

EDIT: Wow, this was long. Hope you get a kick out of it, Elliot.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by The Zoo Boy View Post
    Oh, yes!!! You are right!!! You included so many I missed!!! Here is my amended list, which much more thought went into. So with careful consideration here is my now complete list, because why not be special, it's Doctor Who, so I won't be limiting myself to five.
    We're risking getting this shunted in to the Doctor Who thread, but what the heck!

Top Emotional Scenes in NuWho

1. Eleven shows Vincent Van Gogh his future success.

The look on Van Gogh's face says it all. What a wonder it must have been, to see how successful he was after living the way he did.
    Yep, loved this one.

2. Ten wipes Donna's memory (Please don't make me go back!)

Donna's look of horror and the fact that she becomes the Donna nobody really liked greatly saddens me. She grew so much while traveling with The Doctor.
    You know my opinion of Donna is absolutely unprintable on a polite family forum. I was just glad to see the back of my least favourite Companion in the entire 50+ year history of Who.

3. Amy and Rory willing to possibly jump to their death in order to not live without one another (Together, or not at all.)

This scene is the epitome of the Ponds' love for each other. Rory, the man who waited over 2000 years for her, and Amy, the woman who sacrificed her older self to give her husband a chance to live out his days and grow old with the younger version of her. They love each other enough to risk death rather than live without the other. A great scene that shows their true love for each other.
    Yes, good call. While I felt the ep as a whole lost something by trying to be both epic AND tear-jerking, this was indeed a great scene.

4. Oswin realizing she is a Dalek and then telling The Doctor to run.

This revelation was of such great impact due to the way Oswin reacted to it.
    Yes, agreed. I adored Oswin then and still do now. No other Clara has really matched her, IMO.

5. Clara sacrifices herself for The Doctor by jumping into his timestream (Run...run you clever boy...and remember me.)

A girl who loved The Doctor so much, she "gave" her life for him.
    The problem is that she hadn't known him for five minutes when she did so. The entire ep falls down because we are asked to believe that both the villain and the heroine are prepared to sacrifice everything they are for someone who really means very little to them. I found this annoying, not emotional in any positive sense.

6. All Thirteen Doctors save Gallifrey (Oh, hundreds and hundreds, but don't worry, I started a very long time ago. You might say I've been doing this all my lives.)

I don't know why, but this scene makes me tear up every time. Perhaps it is because of all The Doctors uniting at once, perhaps it is due to realizing that the Time Lords are not dead, but whatever the reason, this scene is a great reunion of all The Doctors and a great ending to the 50th Anniversary Special.
    Yep, this one makes me tingle with happiness every time. It was the ultimate acknowledgement of all the work of all the Doctors down the years - and a nod to the future still to come. One of the most perfect moments in TV history.

I'll also add Tom Baker's cameo at the end. Probably won't mean as much to anyone who started watching with New Who, but Tom Baker was my Doctor. He still is (Though Matt Smith did push him very close).

7. Eleven's "Rings of Akhaten" speech (So, go on then, take mine. Take my memories.)
    A wonderful speech by a fantastic actor. Matt Smith's emotion and his unbelievable performance shows that although Smith is the youngest Doctor yet, you truly believe he is the oldest. That face makes you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he has lived for hundreds of years.
    Smith has so many great moments like that. Faced with all the assembled evil in the universe cometo get the Pandorica, he basically challenges the all to come and have a go if they think they're hard enough. Then there's "Hello, I'm The Doctor. Basically, run," which is a true moment of awesome.

8. The Tenth Doctor's regeneration into the Eleventh Doctor (I don't want to go.)

Although not my favorite regeneration, the fact that Ten didn't want to go made it unbearable, and after watching all of the regeneration scenes, I feel as if he is the only incarnation of The Doctor who feared regenerating. As I watched it for the first time, I immediately missed Tennant, and, ironically, loathed Smith in his first scene (still don't really like Matt's first scene in the TARDIS). Overall, Tennant was MY Doctor.
    I have often described Tennant's leaving as the most self-indulgent pile of crap ever to darken the name of Doctor Who. From all the completely pointless cameos to Tennant jumping out of a speeding spaceship, through a plate glass skylight and picking himself up unharmed, I hate everything about this story. Tennant was a good Doctor. He deserved a vastly better send off than he got. How much schmaltz can be packed into one story? The sad thing is that a really good one ep story is drowned in a really BAD two ep story.

9. Reinette's death (Wish me luck. "No.")

My favorite episode of NuWho. All Reinette had to do was keep her mouth shut, and she would have been with The Doctor all her life. But she loved The Doctor too much for that, even more than she wanted to be with him. The fact that he arrives just after she has passed is heartbreaking, and you see the look of regret and sorrow on his face. She could have been my favorite full-time companion, but now she is imbedded in my mind as the best one-off companion by far.
    Yep, absolutely love this. But the best Companion who never was will always be Sally Sparrow

10. The Doctor Leaves Rose for the first time (I suppose...if it's my last chance to say it...Rose Tyler...)

He FINALLY was gonna say it. Rose was the first real romantic interest of The Doctor's after Susan's grandmother (who we never saw on-screen). You could tell without a doubt that he loved her, but the fact that he didn't get the chance to say it broke both of their hearts, as well as many a fans.
    Well, if you look at Four and Romana II, it's pretty obvious there's moregoing on there than 'Doctor & Companion', but nothing was made overtly clear. The first admitted, shall we say.

But yeah, this was a truly great moment.

11. Amy allows herself to be taken by a Weeping Angel. (Raggedy man...goodbye).

The love Amy has for Rory once again proves to be above all. She was willing to never see The Doctor again, never travel again in the TARDIS, never see her own daughter again, just for Rory. The look on The Doctor's face shows how hurt he is, how sorry he is for the loss of the Ponds.
    Yes. can't argue this one, wouldn't want to.

12. Tennant's "final reward".

You can see The Doctor's anger in his speech. The Doctor could indeed do so much more, but he is too good of a man to let Wilf die. Afterwards, he gets his reward, and it's a farewell tour of sadness thorough all of his companions (we later learn he visited ALL of his companions, not just from his Tenth incarnation). The saddest part to me was not him meeting a younger Rose (although that was sad), but him meeting Verity Newman, Joan Redfern's great-granddaughter. When she asks him if he was happy, he looks like he is about to cry, almost saying "Not always, not after all of the pain and all of the people I've hurt and all those who I manipulated and fashioned into weapons." All that with a simple look. Tennant's acting, once again, reigns supreme. Another part of this scene that always touches me is how The Doctor went back in time and borrowed a quid off of Geoffrey Noble. What a touching scene. "Have that, he said. Have that on me."
    That was 'pass the sick bucket' to me. I loathed the entire schmaltz-ridden mess.

13. Doctor Leaves Rose for the second time.

After travelling across parallel universes to be with The Doctor again, Rose finally gets her wish, albeit, not in the way she originally had hoped. But what makes this scene sad for me, is the look on The Doctor's face when he sees Rose kiss the Meta Crisis Doctor. He couldn't admit it, to himself or to her, that he loved her. Reminds me of that line in "The Satan Pit": "Tell Rose...tell her...oh, she knows." This doesn't change the fact that he did indeed love her, so I can't imagine how much that hurt him.
    Thatwas an OK scene, but not one of my favourites. I think it was never going to be able to compare to 'burned up a star just to say goodbye', though.

14. The Eleventh Doctor's regeneration into the Twelfth Doctor (I will not forget one line of this. Not one day. I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me.)

My favorite regeneration. I listen to Matt's speech almost daily, although that may be a bit unhealthy. A drastic change from Ten fearing his regeneration, Eleven not only accepted his, but welcomed in, saying that "we all change", and his speech can be applied to real live to boot. What's more, is the breaking off the fourth wall The Doctor does with a quick look to the camera as he says "I will always remember when The Doctor was me.", basically implying that besides Eleven talking to Clara, Smith is talking to the audience. His abrupt regeneration also forces us to skip the sadness and go right into dissecting Capaldi's first scene, and enjoy the wackiness of his first few lines (Kidneys! I've got new kidneys! I don't like the color.) First winning me over with his "Basically...run." quote in "The Eleventh Hour" after being skeptical of him until then, Smith has grown to become my second favorite Doctor, ironic in the fact that after Tennant's run, I stopped watching Doctor Who regularly because of the bad taste in my mouth Smith initially left, until the time period between the S7 finale and DotD, where I watched Smith's entire run on DVD. An overall great scene.
    You know I love this one. Love it and hate it at the same time, but only hate it because Smith was leaving. I wish he would have stayed for at least one more season. But with that said, it's better to be thinking that than 'I wish he'd gone LAST season'!

Smith's leaving speech is a thing of beauty, and yes, it applies to all of us.

15. Eleven's phone call to Clara from Trenzalore (Clara, please, hey, for me, help him. Go on. And don't be afraid. Goodbye, Clara. Miss ya.)

Although this was an undeniably a fanservice-y and unneeded scene, and Matt Smith was mainly talking to the younger fans who may not have accepted Capaldi yet rather than Clara, this doesn't change the fact that it was a nice, sweet scene. This is the scene which hit me hard and realized how much I was going to miss Matt Smith. Also, the part at the end where you see how hurt Twelve is due to the fact that Clara doesn't view him as "her" Doctor was a nice touch, and seeing the sadness in Capaldi's face added to the overall emotion of the scene.
    I saw it as the creative team having no faith in their new Doctor and begging the audience to accept him. I found it patronising and unnecessary. The more so as Capaldi has turned out to be very good indeed, in his own way.

16. River Song's farewell to Eleven (Goodbye, sweetie.)

Eleven finally revealed that he could see River all along, but it hurt him too much to acknowledge her. Although I wasn't the biggest fan of River, even I couldn't help but feel sad at this touching goodbye.
    That was a good scene. Along with the telepathic conference, my favourite of the ep. It was a bad ep, sure, but with some very good moments.

17. The Ninth Doctor's regeneration into the Tenth Doctor (And Rose, before I go, I just wanted to say that you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what, so was I.)

Although Tennant was my first Doctor, I was still sad to see Eccelston go after I saw his season. He was the first of the "new" Doctors, and he was a great choice to start.
    He was utterly fantastic, and I truly wish he had stayed longer. Nine, we hardly knew ye. I really hope they get him to guest in some future Who story, despite the many problems he seems to have with his ex-employers.

18. Eleven learns of The Brigadier's death.

After running from his death, he finally decides to go to Lake Silencio and confront it, after learning that his old friend Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart has passed away, The Doctor is smacked in the face with reality and realizes he can't run any more (and for a real life note, as the only episodes featuring The Brigadier are from Pertwee's tenure, I miss the Brigadier already).
    Good call! Especially as this was a homage to Nicholas Courtney (Who played the Brig) who had died shortly before. It was a wonderful tribute to someone who was a very important part of the program for a very long time, I thought. I was blinking back tears in that scene, which is very rare, for me.

19. The War Doctor about to destroy Gallifrey (Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame.)

You can see the sadness in The Doctor's face, and when Ten and Eleven join him, you see this was something The Doctor had to do, however terrible, as there is no other way (or so we think).
    Agree. i wasn't keen on the idea of inserting a brand new Doctor into the continuity, but hurt sold his characterto me completely. And this was one of his best moments.

20. Ten reunites with Sarah Jane Smith (

Seeing this scene first as a NuWho only viewer, it still packed an emotional punch due to Tennant's suberb acting. You really felt that Sarah Jane was an old friend, coming back. Same with K-9.
    And as someone who knew SJS of old, you can be sure it packed a much greater punch with me. I loved it!

Honorable Mentions: Both Jenny's deaths. The Doctor's daughter showed that she was just like The Doctor, willing to sacrifice herself for those she loved, and Jenny Flint's death was sad, just because of how she announced it "Sorry ma'am, so sorry, I think I've been murdered." and to the sudden blow and realization of what had just happened. Sadly, both of these deaths were cheapened by the revival of both of these characters just minutes after they had died.

Sidenote: I cried during the first seven.
    I don't really have runner ups. i'll count them or not.

P.S: I KNOW for a fact that I have missed one, as I had it on the tip of my tongue, but I forgot it while writing this. If I remember, I will update this post.
    Not sure, but it might be one of the ones I'm about to add below.

EDIT: Wow, this was long. Hope you get a kick out of it, Elliot.
    Very much so

Adds:

"Something old... Something new... Something borrowed... Something blue!" Amy remembers The Doctor and brings him back from outside of time. "Raggedy Man, I remember you! And you are late for my wedding!" A great scene on every level, superbly acted by Karen Gillan. (I bet this is the one you forgot ).

The Dalek in Dalek: "What use is choice (Might be - memory is a bit faulty on the exact quote!) if you cannot save the life of the woman you love?" The Dalek holds Rose hostage to secure its release. For that matter, the death of the Dalek itself is an incredibly poignant moment.

The death of Victorian Clara. A moment ago on top of the world and with a bright future ahead of her, now nothing. Which is a shame, given the 'law of declining Claras'. Oswin was awesome, Victorian Clara was still very interesting, modern Clara hasn't even got a fixed personality, poor girl. Which is a shame, as Jenna always does amazingly well with whatever she's given.

Probably more, but that'll do for now!
    signature image

Top 5 Rolling Stones Songs:

1. "Doom & Gloom" It's fairly simple in terms of what they're capable of, and not their "masterpiece" by any means, but it's got one heckuva groove.

2. "Saint Of Me" Does anyone else remember 'Bridges To Babylon'?

3. "Gimme Shelter" Overplayed, yes. But for a reason.

4. "Paint It Black" Black Sabbath created heavy metal, yes. But the Stones planted the first seed in the world.

5. "Honkey Tonk Women". It's just a lot of fun to drink to. I'll leave it at that.
    signature image

My old Star Wars Expanded universe list needs an update.

Top 5 characters from the Expanded Universe

1. Darth Zannah (Darth Bane Trilogy, novel)
    2. Juno Eclipse (The Force Unleashed, game/novel)
    3. Darth Bane (Darth Bane Trilogy, novel)
    4. Satele Shan (Old Republic game, novel)
    5. Aryn Leneer (Old Republic, novel)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast