Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Top 5

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    Ok, I'm going to play ignorant and ask: What the hell is that and why does it sound good?
    Lol, it is good.
    It's a Greek dish made with lamb and aubergine.

Top 5 Movies Not Involving Christopher Nolan (Excluding the Previously-Mentioned Fight Club)

1. The Lion King
    2. The Breakfast Club
    3. Ferris Buellar's Day Off
    4. Jurassic Park
    5. The Matrix
    Last edited by The Zoo Boy; 08-26-2014 at 09:55 AM.
    signature image

My top 5 of games I essentially bought because of a certain voice actor.

1. Mass Effect (Jennifer Hale, Ali Hillis)
    2. Uncharted (Emily Rose)
    3. Fuse (Jennifer Hale, Ali Hillis)
    4. Hunted: Demon's Forge (Lucy Lawless)
    5. Primal (Hudson Leick)

Top 5 Current Voice Actors

1. Troy Baker
    2. Nolan North
    3. Mark Meer
    4. Roger Craig Smith
    5. Kevin Conroy
    signature image

Top 5 games I love, but everyone else hates.

1. StarFox Adventures (my 1# game!)
    2. Final Fantasy XIII
    3. Dragon Age 2
    4. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII-3
    5. Dragon's Lair

Top 5 Current Voice Actresses

1. Jennifer Hale
    2. Claudia Black
    3. Jen Taylor
    4. Ash "Liz" Sroka
    5. Tara Strong
    Last edited by The Zoo Boy; 08-26-2014 at 09:55 AM.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by The Zoo Boy View Post
    Top 5 Voice Actresses

1. Jennifer Hale
    Halez yes! She's been my favorite voice actor for years! With Ali Hillis right on her heels. It was like a dream coming true to see them together in Mass Effect and Fuse. <3

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    Halez yes! She's been my favorite voice actor for years! With Ali Hillis right on her heels. It was like a dream coming true to see them together in Mass Effect and Fuse. <3
    Jennifer Hale is quite the voice actress. She's almost as prolific as Nolan North. And although he might not be in as many video games, I still think Troy Baker has the best ability to change his voice out of all three, however.
    signature image

Jennifer Hale rules. Not only is she Thorn from The Hex Girls, but she's also both Fall-From-Grace AND Deionarra in Planescape: Torment.

Easily my favourite voice actress
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    Not only is she Thorn from The Hex Girls, but she's also both Fall-From-Grace AND Deionarra in Planescape: Torment.
    ...and The Last of Us and Knack and Little Mermaid and pretty much everything else.

My top 5 media's that were better than the original and nobody will agree on.

1. Lion King 2
    2. Star Wars: Epi 1-3
    3. Dragon Age 2
    4. Little Mermaid 2
    5. Hunger Games: Mockingjay

what "top 5" are we talking about here?

...and The Last of Us and Knack and Little Mermaid and pretty much everything else.
    That's very true!

1. Lion King 2
    3. Dragon Age 2
    4. Little Mermaid 2
    Not sure about Hunger Games, but you're right that no-one is likely to agree with the rest of your list! I know I sure don't!
    signature image

The Five Best Discworld Novels:

Soul Music
    Thud!
    Going Postal
    The Truth
    Wintersmith

Ye gods that was hard! List will probably be different on another day.
    signature image

Top 5 female villans

5. Jane (Twilight Saga)
    4. Jihl Nabaat (Final Fantasy XIII)
    3. Jacqueline Natla (Tomb Raider)
    2. Ravenna (Snow White & the Huntsman)
    1. Callisto (Xena Warrior Princess)

Top 5 Assassin's Creed Characters

1. Ezio Auditore da Firenze
    2. Edward Kenway
    3. Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
    4. Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)
    5. Haytham Kenway

Jennifer Hale rules. Not only is she Thorn from The Hex Girls, but she's also both Fall-From-Grace AND Deionarra in Planescape: Torment.

Easily my favourite voice actress
    Indeed. I quite enjoyed her as Bastila and Satele Shan (KOTOR series), Flora (Tak series), Jennifer Mui (Mercenaries series), FemShep (Mass Effect series), Commander Sarah Palmer (Halo 4), and Nariko (PSASBR).

I also quite enjoyed when she played various superheroes and supervillains in the DC Animated Universe.

1. Lion King 2
    3. Dragon Age 2
    4. Little Mermaid 2
    True, she was in The Last of Us, but only as a minor character (Sector 12 Officer Ramirez).

And you are right in that nobody will agree with you. That's blasphemy, saying the prequels are better than the originals! And Lion King 2 is definitely not as good, same with the Little Mermaid. I can't comment on the Dragon Ages, as I have not played them yet, but from what I hear and the little I HAVE played of 1, the first one is better. As for the Hunger Games, I am undecided on which one I like better.
    signature image

True, she was in The Last of Us, but only as a minor character (Sector 12 Officer Ramirez).

And you are right in that nobody will agree with you. That's blasphemy, saying the prequels are better than the originals! And Lion King 2 is definitely not as good, same with the Little Mermaid. I can't comment on the Dragon Ages, as I have not played them yet, but from what I hear and the little I HAVE played of 1, the first one is better. As for the Hunger Games, I am undecided on which one I like better.
    First I was getting the heck away from Ramirez. But then I though: 'wait a minute, I know you'. Crawled back a few inches and could enjoy her voice for a short moment. Awesome!

I simply like the characters in the prequels better. The new and old ones. I kinda feel bad, but I couldn't fall in love with Luke, Leia, Han and all the other characters as much as young Obi-Wan, young Anakin, Padmé etc.
    And the Disney movies... I was thinking about them today and why exactly I like those sequels better. It wasn't like I grew up with only the sequels, because I did own and watch the originals before. I think mostly because as a kid I was too scared to watch Mufasa's death and the final fight with Ursula. Like the Land Before Time 1, which also scared me with Little Foot's (I think that's his English name) mother. I think that's the reason, I watched the crap out of the second ones because they were a lot happier and less scary for a little 5 year old girl like me. ;P

And as far as DA2 goes. I simply don't understand why people think otherwise. Sure, Ferelden offered more change than Kirkwall. But DA2 had a better (voiced!) character, many other cool party members, great story, better fighting and I made it to the end. Unlike Origins, I couldn't like it.

I kinda feel bad, but I couldn't fall in love with Luke, Leia, Han and all the other characters as much as young Obi-Wan, young Anakin, Padmé etc.
    I actually prefer young Obi-Wan myself. Especially in "Episode 2". For some reason I just liked Obi-Wan best in that flick out of all of Obi-Wan's appearances in any of them. I think I could just relate to the "older-person-stuck-with-a-smart-ass-kid" motif. Plus his duel w/ Jango was awesome, tho yes, it does not top the duel w/ Qui-Gon against Darth Maul, but that's the best Lightsaber fight ever.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

I think the battle against Darth Maul is my favorite too!

Top 5 favorite Tomb Raider main themes:

5. The Last Relevation
    4. Angel of Darkness
    3. Underworld
    2. TR '13
    1. Legend

Top 5 Superheroes

1. Batman (Bruce Wayne)
    2. Nightwing (Dick Grayson)
    3. Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)
    4. Red Robin (Tim Drake)
    5. Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz)

First I was getting the heck away from Ramirez. But then I though: 'wait a minute, I know you'. Crawled back a few inches and could enjoy her voice for a short moment. Awesome!

I simply like the characters in the prequels better. The new and old ones. I kinda feel bad, but I couldn't fall in love with Luke, Leia, Han and all the other characters as much as young Obi-Wan, young Anakin, Padmé etc.
    And the Disney movies... I was thinking about them today and why exactly I like those sequels better. It wasn't like I grew up with only the sequels, because I did own and watch the originals before. I think mostly because as a kid I was too scared to watch Mufasa's death and the final fight with Ursula. Like the Land Before Time 1, which also scared me with Little Foot's (I think that's his English name) mother. I think that's the reason, I watched the crap out of the second ones because they were a lot happier and less scary for a little 5 year old girl like me. ;P

And as far as DA2 goes. I simply don't understand why people think otherwise. Sure, Ferelden offered more change than Kirkwall. But DA2 had a better (voiced!) character, many other cool party members, great story, better fighting and I made it to the end. Unlike Origins, I couldn't like it.
    To each their own I guess, but I absolutely love the Original Trilogy, and although I don't think the prequels are necessarily AWFUL movies, they don't even compare to the originals in my eyes. But everyone's got a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    I actually prefer young Obi-Wan myself. Especially in "Episode 2". For some reason I just liked Obi-Wan best in that flick out of all of Obi-Wan's appearances in any of them. I think I could just relate to the "older-person-stuck-with-a-smart-ass-kid" motif. Plus his duel w/ Jango was awesome, tho yes, it does not top the duel w/ Qui-Gon against Darth Maul, but that's the best Lightsaber fight ever.
    You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I myself prefer the OT's lightsaber battles than the flashy and jumpy choreographed lightsaber battles of the prequels.
    Last edited by The Zoo Boy; 08-26-2014 at 09:56 AM.
    signature image

Honestly... when I first saw New Hope my first thought was: ''Wow, I didn't think Star Wars was this overrated''. But luckely the prequels redeemed me and now I can appreciate the OT too. But I'm mostly into the Expanded Universe. Like the games, books etc.

My top 5 games I wish exsisted

5. Classics HD: Primal (PS3)
    4. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time 2 (PS4)
    3. Tomb Raider / Unchartd cross-over (PS4)
    2. Mass Effect Trilogy: Remastered + all DLC (PS4)
    1. StarFox Epilogue (Wii U)

Top 5 Superheroes Not Including the Batman Family (Excluding the Previously-Mentioned Martian Manhunter)

1. Flash (Wally West)
    2. Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson)
    3. Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
    4. Plastic Man (Eel O'Brian)
    5. Green Lantern (Kyle Raynar)

Honestly... when I first saw New Hope my first thought was: ''Wow, I didn't think Star Wars was this overrated''. But luckely the prequels redeemed me and now I can appreciate the OT too. But I'm mostly into the Expanded Universe. Like the games, books etc.
    Yeah, that's like my friend. He's the biggest Star Wars fan I know, and know more about Star Wars than anyone I know, but he mainly concentrates on the EU. He loves the Old Republic time era, and KOTOR is his favorite game of all time.
    Last edited by The Zoo Boy; 08-26-2014 at 09:56 AM.
    signature image

Honestly... the Star Wars movies aren't anything extraordinary in writing. I love them but as grow older, it's weaknesses start to really show. The strength in Star Wars is indeed in EU from the video games, comics, etc (though I haven't read much, I more so play the games).

My Top 5 Game Franchises:

1: Tomb Raider
    2: Assassin's Creed
    3: Mirrors Edge (it's only one game so far but the prequel will SLAY your life!)
    4: Mass Effect
    5: The Sims franchise (REMAIN MAD)
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

TYeah, that's like my friend. He's the biggest Star Wars fan I know, and know more about Star Wars than anyone I know, but he mainly concentrates on the EU. He loves the Old Republic time era, and KOTOR is his favorite game of all time.
    +1 for that era! Drew Karpyshyn (lead writer of Mass Effect 1/2) wrote the Darth Bane trilogy. Holy shards, that man is an amazing writer! I'm reading the 3rd book now and after that I'm moving on to the books based on the Old Republic BioWare franchise.

Admiral Thrawn rules. That is all
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    Honestly... the Star Wars movies aren't anything extraordinary in writing. I love them but as grow older, it's weaknesses start to really show. The strength in Star Wars is indeed in EU from the video games, comics, etc (though I haven't read much, I more so play the games).
    True, it is an aold story full of clichés that have been told time and time again. Personally though, I think Lucas is a much better writer than he is director. He is, simply put, an awful director.

Also, nice to see a fellow Assassin's Creed fan.

+1 for that era! Drew Karpyshyn (lead writer of Mass Effect 1/2) wrote the Darth Bane trilogy. Holy shards, that man is an amazing writer! I'm reading the 3rd book now and after that I'm moving on to the books based on the Old Republic BioWare franchise.
    Indeed, Karpyshyn is a great writer. My friend has also read the Darth Bane trilogy, and he loved it. Enjoy!!!

Admiral Thrawn rules. That is all
    THRAWN TRILOGY FTW!!!

All this Star Wars talk has got me in the mood for...:

Top 5 Star Wars Expanded Universe Characters

1. Revan
    2. HK-47
    3. Galen Marek (Starkiller)
    4. Jacen Solo (Darth Caedus)
    5. Kyle Katarn
    Last edited by The Zoo Boy; 08-26-2014 at 09:57 AM.
    signature image

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast