Thread: Deus EX: Invisible War Debug Menu

Exclamation Deus EX: Invisible War Debug Menu

In the debug , i cannot go back to the previous screen i was on. As in, when i would click something ( ie: a cheat code ) i would get stuck on that catagory and unable to go back to accept more cheats. Iv tried hitting the back button, the escape button, but nothing will work. I have to save the game after each cheat, shut the game down, and start it up to get the next one, so im spending about 10-15 minutes on getting all the cheats. Does anyone els know about this or what i can do to fix it ?

Yeah you're right, it's not that obvious. I know I had the same problem when I tried it and had to experiment for a while before figuring it out.

I did get it in the end but can't remember what it was offhand. If nobody else beats me to it beforehand, I'll fire up the game tonight and let you know.
    "Tell me about the shipment and I'll order the troops to pick you up as a prisoner instead of a corpse!" - JC Denton.

Yep, turns out the answer should be deceptively simple. You need to be one of your menu screens (main menu, inventory or whatever) in order to get a cursor and click on the debug options. To go back to previous branches you need to come out of the menu and back to your game, then press the Backspace key.

Backspace won't work when you're in a menu screen but only whilst you're playing the game itself. It's still a bit of jumping back and forth between the two but a hell of a lot quicker than shutting down the game and starting it back up again! (Note I have no idea what happens if you already have some game action mapped to the Backspace key, luckily I don't.)

That should solve the problem. Hope it helps.
    "Tell me about the shipment and I'll order the troops to pick you up as a prisoner instead of a corpse!" - JC Denton.