Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What TV show have you most recently watched?

Default What TV show have you most recently watched?

Or what TV show are you currently watching?

I noticed we have a thread like this for video games, movies, and books, but not for TV shows.

I'm currently watching Hell's Kitchen, Master Chef, Restaurant Startup, Restaurant Stakeout, Bar Rescue, Hungry Investors, sometimes Naked and Afraid, and the final episodes of Bad Teacher (it was cancelled, but they are still running the unaired episodes).

Sometimes if my mom leaves them on the DVR, I'll watch The Little Couple or The Bachelor/Bachelorette.

I also have Agents of Shield, Fargo, 24: Live Another Day, Tyrant, and Dominion on my DVR, series I have yet to watch.

When they come back on, I plan on watching The Walking Dead, Justified, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Survivor and Shark Tank.

Finally, one of my favorite shows, How I Met Your Mother ended a few months ago, and the show that was put in it's time slot, Friends with Better Lives, which I also liked, was cancelled.

Oh, and I really need to get to Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. Arrow and Dexter too.
    signature image

The Walking Dead Season 4. 12 episodes in one night. 4 in the other.

Before that, True Detective.

And yes, you should definitely start with Breaking Bad and GoT. Best stuff ever created.

Finished watching House of Cards. Now watching True Detective and Penny Dreadful.

The last TV show I watched was Agents Of SHIELD. The next will be Doctor Who, the new series of which begins in August.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaNyy View Post
    The Walking Dead Season 4. 12 episodes in one night. 4 in the other.

And yes, you should definitely start with Breaking Bad and GoT. Best stuff ever created.
    I will. They're at the top of my list. What did you think of Season 4 of The Walking Dead?

Quote Originally Posted by pirate1802 View Post
    Finished watching House of Cards.
    How was it? That's another show I have to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    The last TV show I watched was Agents Of SHIELD. The next will be Doctor Who, the new series of which begins in August.
    How was SHIELD? And yay, another Doctor Who fan.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by The Zoo Boy View Post
    I will. They're at the top of my list. What did you think of Season 4 of The Walking Dead?
    Amazing. And that ending. Roll on Season 5!

But the "flowers scene"...

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaNyy View Post
    Amazing. And that ending. Roll on Season 5!

But the "flowers scene"...
    Yes, I can't wait.

And that scene was sad, yes, but the whole plotline of the two sisters was right from the comic book, except it was two brothers there. Very cool storyline.
    signature image

How was SHIELD? And yay, another Doctor Who fan.
    I really liked SHIELD, honestly. Helped that I had no expectations for it going in, I suspect, but still.

Very good, very likeable, ensemble cast.

As for Doctor Who - I am a huge fan, yes. Have been for a long time. Favourite Doctors are Tom Baker and Matt Smith, in that order.
    signature image

I really liked SHIELD, honestly. Helped that I had no expectations for it going in, I suspect, but still.

Very good, very likeable, ensemble cast.

As for Doctor Who - I am a huge fan, yes. Have been for a long time. Favourite Doctors are Tom Baker and Matt Smith, in that order.
    That's good to hear. I'll be watching SHIELD soon.

I just realized your signature has Doctor Who in it. I should've known you were a Whovian.

And I'm surprised. Smith beat Tennant? Interesting.

I've only seen NuWho (although I've been meaning to watch some of the classics on Netflix), so my favorites are Tennant and Smith. It is very close though, Smith is just shy of matching Tennant. What's interesting is I absolutely hated that first scene with Smith, so I did not have high hopes for him at all. Which is why I now am very optimistic with Capaldi.
    signature image

Tennant and Smith are both superb Doctors and are both great actors. You only have to watch the 50th anniversary special to see how well they bounce off each other. However, when I compare my Doctors, I tend to look at a number of factors, one of which is Companions.

Smith has universally great Companions. Amy, Rory and Clara are all terrific characters who I enjoyed watching almost as much as Smith (I fell completely in love with Clara in Asylum Of The Daleks. As written by Moffat, if no-one else, she's pretty much perfect).

Tennant has Rose,who is superb, Martha who is pretty good and Donna who is the worst companion ever to darken the show, IMO. And I do mean ever, as I've seen at least one adventure with every Companion in Who history.

Tennant at his best is a wonderful Doctor, but as his run goes on it deteriorates. Most Doctors are extremely clever and win by their wits, but Tennant started to look a little too omnipotent - to the point where he jumped out of a speeding space ship, through a plate glass window, and survived without a scratch! I simply prefer my Doctors to be more vulnerable. Tennant's last story was also dreadful, which didn't help. A very good one episode story was padded to the length of two by endless pointless cameos and enough schmaltz to drown a regiment.

Tennant's best stories are amongst the best to appear on New Who. The Girl In The Fireplace, Blink, School Reunion, etc. But the worst are appalling.

Smith has some great episodes, and a few clunkers (All Doctors do), but he has less bad eps and more good ones, IMO. And no Donna, which helps.

The surprise for me was not that Smith beat Tennant in my affections, but that I actually prefer him to Pertwee and Troughton, both of whom were superb Doctors.

If you think that pushes Tennant down to about fifth in my list of favourite Doctors, you'd be right

Oh, and my signature banner is a clickable link, BTW
    signature image

How was it? That's another show I have to watch.
    It's brilliant. The protagonist is a ruthless bastard who does despicable things but you root for him anyway. And his wife is equally scheming. Both Spacey and Wright are brilliant in their respective roles.

Tennant and Smith are both superb Doctors and are both great actors. You only have to watch the 50th anniversary special to see how well they bounce off each other. However, when I compare my Doctors, I tend to look at a number of factors, one of which is Companions.

Smith has universally great Companions. Amy, Rory and Clara are all terrific characters who I enjoyed watching almost as much as Smith (I fell completely in love with Clara in Asylum Of The Daleks. As written by Moffat, if no-one else, she's pretty much perfect).

Tennant has Rose,who is superb, Martha who is pretty good and Donna who is the worst companion ever to darken the show, IMO. And I do mean ever, as I've seen at least one adventure with every Companion in Who history.

Tennant at his best is a wonderful Doctor, but as his run goes on it deteriorates. Most Doctors are extremely clever and win by their wits, but Tennant started to look a little too omnipotent - to the point where he jumped out of a speeding space ship, through a plate glass window, and survived without a scratch! I simply prefer my Doctors to be more vulnerable. Tennant's last story was also dreadful, which didn't help. A very good one episode story was padded to the length of two by endless pointless cameos and enough schmaltz to drown a regiment.

Tennant's best stories are amongst the best to appear on New Who. The Girl In The Fireplace, Blink, School Reunion, etc. But the worst are appalling.

Smith has some great episodes, and a few clunkers (All Doctors do), but he has less bad eps and more good ones, IMO. And no Donna, which helps.

The surprise for me was not that Smith beat Tennant in my affections, but that I actually prefer him to Pertwee and Troughton, both of whom were superb Doctors.

If you think that pushes Tennant down to about fifth in my list of favourite Doctors, you'd be right

Oh, and my signature banner is a clickable link, BTW
    I quite like Donna, heh. Especially towards the end of her run with Tennant. I did not like Martha, however. Rose was great, if a little bit too lovey-dovey with The Doctor.

I also very much enjoyed the "Time Lord victorious", where Tennant feels as how he can beat the Laws of Time, but I like the consequences even more.

My favorite aspects of Tennant though is how he could go from very goofy to very serious in the blink of an eye. I like The Doctor to be very dark, something I thought Matt Smith did very well in the end of his run.

I agree that The End of Time had it's problems, but I still loved it.

The Girl in the Fireplace is my favorite Doctor Who episode. Don't know how many times I've watched that. I only wish Madame de Pompadour was a full, season long companion. Screw history.

I also love when The Doctor uses his name as a threat, like he does to the Vashta Nerada in "The Library" (fantastic episode).

I'll have to check out your signature...

Quote Originally Posted by pirate1802 View Post
    It's brilliant. The protagonist is a ruthless bastard who does despicable things but you root for him anyway. And his wife is equally scheming. Both Spacey and Wright are brilliant in their respective roles.
    I love Kevin Spacey, so that sounds good to me.
    signature image

ZB,

I quite like Donna, heh. Especially towards the end of her run with Tennant. I did not like Martha, however. Rose was great, if a little bit too lovey-dovey with The Doctor.
    I don't think they really knew what to do with Martha, sadly. It was too soon for another 'Companion loves Doctor' story after Rose. She was supposed to be a medical doctor, but I got far more of a medic vibe from Rory, who's a nurse. Even so, I didn't mind Martha. She's a middle rank Companion, for me, not great but not objectionable either.

I also very much enjoyed the "Time Lord victorious", where Tennant feels as how he can beat the Laws of Time, but I like the consequences even more.
    Most of the specials leading up to the diabolical End Of Time were good, IMO. I loved the sense that the Doctor was losing his grip on reality in the whole Time Lord Victorious' thing.

My favorite aspects of Tennant though is how he could go from very goofy to very serious in the blink of an eye. I like The Doctor to be very dark, something I thought Matt Smith did very well in the end of his run.
    Tennant could certainly play darker than Smith, but despite the flamboyance of his Doctor, I think Smith is the more subtle. He does a lot with eyes and face, whereas Tennant tends to match his face to what he is saying.

I like that the Doctor can be dark, but doesn't have to be. That almost childish sense of fun works as a great contrast.

I agree that The End of Time had it's problems, but I still loved it.
    I loathe it. It's the most self-indulgent piece of dreck to ever darken the name of Doctor Who, IMO. Far and away the worst story of the New Who era, and I only stop at calling it the worst of all time because there's still a lot of the older stuff I haven't seen, so I can't be sure. Yes, I hated it that much!

The Girl in the Fireplace is my favorite Doctor Who episode. Don't know how many times I've watched that. I only wish Madame de Pompadour was a full, season long companion. Screw history.
    So do I. She was really great. I don't think I've ever felt for a one-ep character the way I did for her. The story of her life was told in magnificent and compelling fashion.

For me, the best 'Companion who never was' is still Sally Sparrow, though. Blink remains my favourite story of the New Who era.

I also love when The Doctor uses his name as a threat, like he does to the Vashta Nerada in "The Library" (fantastic episode).
    That can be incredibly cool. Also one of many reasons why Smith's first ep is the best introduction to Doctor Who ever. "Hello. I'm the Doctor. Basically... run."

I'll have to check out your signature...
    Please do
    signature image

Currently, on broadcast TV, Dragons Den, though I also watch Dr.Who and Top Gear when they are on.

I have to watch Dr. Who as I've been an avid viewer of it since it started way back in '63.

Normally, I tend not to watch TV (which makes the licence fee a little expensive for the things I do tune in for) but watch DVD and videos instead.

Just finished watching The World At War and am now on Carl Sagan's Cosmos. I intend to follow that up with Jacob Bronowskis Ascent Of Man plus, of course, the odd film here and there and an episode or two of Star Trek Deep Space Nine for variety.
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image
    myspace.com/morestatgrav - Updated in Jul '09 with 10 new tracks.

Dragons Den is all I'm watching at the moment.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Well, I try to avoid "reality" tv like the plague, but I must admit I do find "Celebrity Wife Swap" fascinating. It's... silly, I know. But something about Lorenzo Lamas having to live with Andy Dick's wife or a week just screams must-see-train-wreck to me. It's hard to explain, really. Not the show, but the fascination. I feel impure/sadistic/sad whenever I watch it, but I can't stop. My name is Winter, and I'm a Swapaholic.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

TRUE DETECTIVE!!!!!! (For a third time)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXwCoNwBSkQ
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

Forget everything anyone said in this thread except for Breaking Bad. Go watch that show, like, NAO!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

When I discovered mmos 10 yrs ago my TV hated me and almost took me to court for divorce. I spend little time with it now though I have gone thru several incarnations of the box since then. That said, Dr Who, Arrow, Psych, Grimm, Bones, Walking Dead, and various reruns of many shows on a couple of cheap, paid, net TV providers....when I need to take a break from gaming.

ZB,

I don't think they really knew what to do with Martha, sadly. It was too soon for another 'Companion loves Doctor' story after Rose. She was supposed to be a medical doctor, but I got far more of a medic vibe from Rory, who's a nurse. Even so, I didn't mind Martha. She's a middle rank Companion, for me, not great but not objectionable either.

Most of the specials leading up to the diabolical End Of Time were good, IMO. I loved the sense that the Doctor was losing his grip on reality in the whole Time Lord Victorious' thing.

Tennant could certainly play darker than Smith, but despite the flamboyance of his Doctor, I think Smith is the more subtle. He does a lot with eyes and face, whereas Tennant tends to match his face to what he is saying.

I like that the Doctor can be dark, but doesn't have to be. That almost childish sense of fun works as a great contrast.

I loathe it. It's the most self-indulgent piece of dreck to ever darken the name of Doctor Who, IMO. Far and away the worst story of the New Who era, and I only stop at calling it the worst of all time because there's still a lot of the older stuff I haven't seen, so I can't be sure. Yes, I hated it that much!

So do I. She was really great. I don't think I've ever felt for a one-ep character the way I did for her. The story of her life was told in magnificent and compelling fashion.

For me, the best 'Companion who never was' is still Sally Sparrow, though. Blink remains my favourite story of the New Who era.

That can be incredibly cool. Also one of many reasons why Smith's first ep is the best introduction to Doctor Who ever. "Hello. I'm the Doctor. Basically... run."

Please do
    I love that line from Smith. It's when I decided that not only did I like him, but that he was a worthy successor to Tennant's Doctor.

Blink is my second favorite episode, which as I always found ironic, as The Doctor is hardly in it. Brilliant writing on Moffat's part.

And still, I quite enjoyed Tennant's ruthlessness, yet at the same time. in a way, he was the most forgiving and hated killing. But at times, he lost control, such as with the Family of Mine, the Sycorax, and the Racnoss.

All this Doctor Who talk makes me thing someone should create a Doctor Who thread on this forum...

Quote Originally Posted by staticon View Post
    Currently, on broadcast TV, Dragons Den, though I also watch Dr.Who and Top Gear when they are on.

I have to watch Dr. Who as I've been an avid viewer of it since it started way back in '63.

Normally, I tend not to watch TV (which makes the licence fee a little expensive for the things I do tune in for) but watch DVD and videos instead.

Just finished watching The World At War and am now on Carl Sagan's Cosmos. I intend to follow that up with Jacob Bronowskis Ascent Of Man plus, of course, the odd film here and there and an episode or two of Star Trek Deep Space Nine for variety.
    I'm curious, have you seen the new "The World Wars" history channel mini-series or Neil deGrasse Tyson's "Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey"? I have seen "The World Wars" which was quite good, but I haven't got around to watching "Cosmos" yet. My dad said it was quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    Well, I try to avoid "reality" tv like the plague, but I must admit I do find "Celebrity Wife Swap" fascinating. It's... silly, I know. But something about Lorenzo Lamas having to live with Andy Dick's wife or a week just screams must-see-train-wreck to me. It's hard to explain, really. Not the show, but the fascination. I feel impure/sadistic/sad whenever I watch it, but I can't stop. My name is Winter, and I'm a Swapaholic.
    My mom loves that show.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWHARD View Post
    TRUE DETECTIVE!!!!!! (For a third time)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXwCoNwBSkQ
    I heard that was really good. What did you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Forget everything anyone said in this thread except for Breaking Bad. Go watch that show, like, NAO!

Indeed! It is on my to-do-list. I know I must watch it soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JBG View Post
    When I discovered mmos 10 yrs ago my TV hated me and almost took me to court for divorce. I spend little time with it now though I have gone thru several incarnations of the box since then. That said, Dr Who, Arrow, Psych, Grimm, Bones, Walking Dead, and various reruns of many shows on a couple of cheap, paid, net TV providers....when I need to take a break from gaming.
    What did you think of those shows? I absolutely love Doctor Who and The Walking Dead (my whole family does), and my dad loves Arrow but hated Grimm lol. Gotta get around to watching Arrow.
    signature image

Indeed! It is on my to-do-list. I know I must watch it soon!!!
    You better

Heh.

Let me know when you start watching it. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the episodes

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

You better

Heh.

Let me know when you start watching it. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the episodes
    Will do. I actually have a few things spoiled for myself, unfortunately. I'll PM you what I know, as not to spoil it for others. You finished the whole series, right?
    signature image

Will do. I actually have a few things spoiled for myself, unfortunately. I'll PM you what I know, as not to spoil it for others. You finished the whole series, right?
    Yes, I did.

unfortunately

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander Eidos Moderator

Actually I am on a DVD season round. Just finish Criminal Minds up to season 6. We have started Supernatural and on season 2 now. Once done I hope to start Full Metal Alchemist although I am sure my wife wants to watch the Closer. *sigh* That woman has one of the ugliest smiles.

Yes, I did.

unfortunately
    I'll PM you the spoilers, then.

Quote Originally Posted by chip5541 View Post
    Actually I am on a DVD season round. Just finish Criminal Minds up to season 6. We have started Supernatural and on season 2 now. Once done I hope to start Full Metal Alchemist although I am sure my wife wants to watch the Closer. *sigh* That woman has one of the ugliest smiles.
    I assume you are talking about the TV show and not the movie? Still, Kyra Sedgwick looks like Julia Roberts to me, so it's actually pretty funny that they are both in something called "Closer".
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast