Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Off Topic: Upcoming Games

Lightbulb Off Topic: Upcoming Games

I understand this is a Hitman 6 forum - but I think it could be good for everyone to know what other games each other is interested in and excited about

personally, im excited for a few games coming out soon

nhl 15 and madden 15... super excited for nhl and im a big fan of the nfl

i haven't bought an nhl game in forever but i recently have joined an ice hockey league and am really getting into the sport - plus a lot of people are excited about the new physics of nhl15

i've bought a lot of the maddens

i like sport games because they are fun to play online... trash talk a little bit and have some fun

i know there is a few others coming out soon, can't think of any right off the top of my head, anyone else have a game there are excited about coming out soon??

I'm only really looking forward to two games currently:

Star Wars Battlefront (hope it's not a FPS)
    Hitman 6
    There's a bullet for everyone.. And a time.. And a place..

Hitman 6
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Deus Ex 4
    Quantum Break
    Halo TMCC/5
    Gears of War 4 (awesome co-op game)
    maybe Uncharted 4 (when more info comes out)
    the next The Last of Us or similar game in the universe
    The Witcher 3
    Batman: Arkham Knight
    signature image

i was mainly thinking about games that will be coming out this fall/winter

i haven't heard anything about the next deus ex. . .

also, the assassins creed looks like it will be good.. i have never bought or really even played assassins creed before cause i tried the first one and didn't like it - but the last one was pretty popular and this next one looks good

Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    i was mainly thinking about games that will be coming out this fall/winter

i haven't heard anything about the next deus ex. . .

also, the assassins creed looks like it will be good.. i have never bought or really even played assassins creed before cause i tried the first one and didn't like it - but the last one was pretty popular and this next one looks good
    This fall? Well there isn't much apart from Assassin's Creed and COD/Battlefield if you're in to that.
    signature image

First assassin's creed was a bit boring, next titles was better. I'm looking forward Assassin's Creed Unity as well.

FALLOUT 4

THAT IS ALL
    >ICARUS FOUND YOU!!!
    >>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

The amount of my gaming has decreased drastically in the recent years. Some say it's because I'm getting older but I don't buy that , I say games have become more generic and worse. There were only a few games in the PS3-generation I really enjoyed. And since I can't afford a new PC/PS4 in a while I'm not really waiting for any upcoming games. If I had a PS4, I'd get NHL 15. That series has managed to hook me. Other than that, not waiting for anything.

I'll try to get a new PC or PS4 (preferrably PC) when Hitman 6 comes out.

No love for Xbox ?

PC is the way to go for Hitman games. It's much less clunky then a controller.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    No love for Xbox ?

PC is the way to go for Hitman games. It's much less clunky then a controller.
    Don't you have to sit up at your desk on the PC. The thing about the controller is no matter the setup you can play and relax from your couch, as opposed to being jerked up in a computer chair. The mouse has the advantage of better aiming (which can be a negative or a positive, depending on a few factors), but I would much rather play Hitman from the laxed comfort of my couch than from the hoisted position of the computer desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    Don't you have to sit up at your desk on the PC. The thing about the controller is no matter the setup you can play and relax from your couch, as opposed to being jerked up in a computer chair. The mouse has the advantage of better aiming (which can be a negative or a positive, depending on a few factors), but I would much rather play Hitman from the laxed comfort of my couch than from the hoisted position of the computer desk.
    Computer gaming, for me, is hard on my back but that could be because I don't have a good chair. That's also why I don't have a desktop (for gaming). I do most of my PC gaming on a capable laptop. That being said, I mostly play AAA games on my console and leave the older less popular/demanding games for my laptop. Some games just scream to be played on PC though.

I think Hitman is one of those games. I hated Blood Money controls on the controller and found much less fluid than a KB+M. Absolution was actually pretty nice with a controller but I don't know how IO will use the controller with all the extra features we want (sniper cases, close doors, etc.). I liked the list of options of what action to take that was in the original games.
    signature image

Computer gaming, for me, is hard on my back but that could be because I don't have a good chair. That's also why I don't have a desktop (for gaming). I do most of my PC gaming on a capable laptop. That being said, I mostly play AAA games on my console and leave the older less popular/demanding games for my laptop. Some games just scream to be played on PC though.

I think Hitman is one of those games. I hated Blood Money controls on the controller and found much less fluid than a KB+M. Absolution was actually pretty nice with a controller but I don't know how IO will use the controller with all the extra features we want (sniper cases, close doors, etc.). I liked the list of options of what action to take that was in the original games.
    This is where Metal Gear Solid is King. Every single button is juiced to it's full potential. Every button has a number of actions, depending on how it's pressed, or how long, or how often.

I agree that PC gaming is the ultimate platform for graphics, especially if you have a little money to spend for a nice display and a surround sound system. As for controller vs KB+M, both have their pros and cons. But I just can't imagine having a long session in a computer chair. If I ever buy a gaming rig I'm afraid I'll be using the XBOX controller, unless I can use the KB+M from my couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    This is where Metal Gear Solid is King. Every single button is juiced to it's full potential. Every button has a number of actions, depending on how it's pressed, or how long, or how often.

I agree that PC gaming is the ultimate platform for graphics, especially if you have a little money to spend for a nice display and a surround sound system. As for controller vs KB+M, both have their pros and cons. But I just can't imagine having a long session in a computer chair. If I ever buy a gaming rig I'm afraid I'll be using the XBOX controller, unless I can use the KB+M from my couch.
    What's wrong with an Xbox controller? I actually like the thumbstick positions better than the Playstation unless I'm playing a fighting game
    signature image

What's wrong with an Xbox controller? I actually like the thumbstick positions better than the Playstation unless I'm playing a fighting game
    I think he means he prefers KB+M over Xbox controller, not that he prefers Xbox controller over DualShock.

Quote Originally Posted by gkkiller View Post
    I think he means he prefers KB+M over Xbox controller, not that he prefers Xbox controller over DualShock.
    I think you are right. Rereading it, it makes more sense that way.
    signature image

fps = kb+m > controller

third person shooter/game = controller > kb+m

ps4 > xbox

sony > microsoft

ps4 > xbox

sony > microsoft
    I'd have to disagree with that one. I play lots of multiplayer and I like the XBL community more than the PSN community. PS has, overall, better exclusives in the previous generation. I do most of my gaming on Xbox/PC but I always make sure to buy the PS for the exclusives.

I guess it also matters where you are from. Xbox traditionally more of a US/UK console while PS is the rest of the world.
    signature image

I've added 'off topic' to the start of this thread. Maybe we could convert it into an off-topic thread that covers anything non-Hitman related? Any suggestions for a title if we do that?

General Gaming / Gaming Discussions

ea is releasing a video on their skill stick for nhl 15 tomorrow! yeeeaaa

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/stat...78101449867264

wow sooo... ive just gotten around to playing assassins creed IV... awesome!

i see a lot of qualities that we are looking for as hitman fans in this game! its has a big interactive environment, multiple game modes, the "instinct" mode is really just a tagger (a very nice compromise), collectables, weapon upgrades, somewhat challenging hand to hand combat, interaction, and mini games!

i was requesting mini games just a few days ago! so far i have played 3 strategy games i have never even heard of before that are F^n awesome! i have looked for interesting alternative strategy games for chess without luck! and i find them in assassins creed...

im wondering if hitman will ever be able to introduce a game like this, but a little darker and more adult in context... it would be a challenge cause' 47 isn't a sea captain but i would be curious to see what they could have him do

wow sooo... ive just gotten around to playing assassins creed IV... awesome!

i see a lot of qualities that we are looking for as hitman fans in this game! its has a big interactive environment, multiple game modes, the "instinct" mode is really just a tagger (a very nice compromise), collectables, weapon upgrades, somewhat challenging hand to hand combat, interaction, and mini games!

i was requesting mini games just a few days ago! so far i have played 3 strategy games i have never even heard of before that are F^n awesome! i have looked for interesting alternative strategy games for chess without luck! and i find them in assassins creed...

im wondering if hitman will ever be able to introduce a game like this, but a little darker and more adult in context... it would be a challenge cause' 47 isn't a sea captain but i would be curious to see what they could have him do
    You mean an open world Hitman. We already have a thread for that. Everyone thought it was a stupid idea.

Mini games are suitable for the open-world genre because te players usually find themselves with nothing to do when they beat the game. Hitman is in its own category; the missions are focused and have a structure not present in open world games. Anyway, I wouldn't think mini games would fit in a Hitman game. You can think of the rating system as a mini game; get Silent Assassin and you win!!
    signature image

Mini games are suitable for the open-world genre because te players usually find themselves with nothing to do when they beat the game. Hitman is in its own category; the missions are focused and have a structure not present in open world games. Anyway, I wouldn't think mini games would fit in a Hitman game. You can think of the rating system as a mini game; get Silent Assassin and you win!!
    I agree.

Just picture 47 racing around in Go Karts for XP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast