Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 66

Thread: Off Topic: Upcoming Games

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    Mini games are suitable for the open-world genre because te players usually find themselves with nothing to do when they beat the game. Hitman is in its own category; the missions are focused and have a structure not present in open world games. Anyway, I wouldn't think mini games would fit in a Hitman game. You can think of the rating system as a mini game; get Silent Assassin and you win!!
    well we are supposed to be seeing sandbox levels from the next hitman... if he has a "home base" you are one step away from being open world. i don't think it would be impossible to see a traveling hitman... maybe he has to find alternate ways out of a country because his trail is hot and security has his picture posted up in airports. idk that wasn't really what i was getting at with the earlier posts but what i mean mini games is just a few little things thrown into levels to add entertainment... i wouldn't mind being able to play chess or poker at a few random spots throughout the game... maybe winning a few games unlocks certain things.. i would imagine hitman would be good at these 2 games in particular.. hes a master of strategy and he has a very good poker face i'm hoping we will see another shooting range type thing - that was like a mini game inside a level i wouldn't think they would be necessary just a little add to the game to add a little diversity - the rating system isn't a mini game.. its a badge or a trophy.. but i can see what you mean... there could be added unlockables for completing different ratings

    i really just wanted to point out how much i like assassins creed IV, since this is an off topic thread... was curious how many other hitman fans really liked that game.... more than absolution too!

    it had a lot of re-playability and had a lot of components i would like to see in the upcoming hitman - everyones opinions are welcomed.. except for spermio / agent68.5

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    well we are supposed to be seeing sandbox levels from the next hitman... if he has a "home base" you are one step away from being open world. i don't think it would be impossible to see a traveling hitman... maybe he has to find alternate ways out of a country because his trail is hot and security has his picture posted up in airports. idk that wasn't really what i was getting at with the earlier posts but what i mean mini games is just a few little things thrown into levels to add entertainment... i wouldn't mind being able to play chess or poker at a few random spots throughout the game... maybe winning a few games unlocks certain things.. i would imagine hitman would be good at these 2 games in particular.. hes a master of strategy and he has a very good poker face i'm hoping we will see another shooting range type thing - that was like a mini game inside a level i wouldn't think they would be necessary just a little add to the game to add a little diversity - the rating system isn't a mini game.. its a badge or a trophy.. but i can see what you mean... there could be added unlockables for completing different ratings

    i really just wanted to point out how much i like assassins creed IV, since this is an off topic thread... was curious how many other hitman fans really liked that game.... more than absolution too!

    it had a lot of re-playability and had a lot of components i would like to see in the upcoming hitman - everyones opinions are welcomed.. except for spermio / agent68.5
    Sandbox levels and open world game are 2 very different things. Also, it breaks my heart that you don't like my posts. 😂 I could care less one way or the other.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    everyones opinions are welcomed.. except for spermio / agent68.5


    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    I could care less one way or the other.
    The correct phrase is "I couldn't care less". "I could care less" doesn't make sense because that is saying there is a 'level of care' that is below what you currently are feeling. The correct phrase means you are at the least level of care. Hope that clears that up.

    I guess there could be a little hacking mini-game or a safe-crack mini-game like in Splinter Cell or Sleeping Dogs. There definitely shouldn't be a lockpicking mini game, though.

    The only problem with these types of mini-games is that they might get repetitive.

    I'm all for a secret chess/casino mini game or something like that. Something unique that can't be found everywhere and isn't really obvious.

    And sandbox levels just means non-linear Absolution type levels. All Hitman games before Absolution featured sandbox level design with Blood Money being the best example ('accidents' were the best thing to happen to the series).
    signature image

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    Sandbox levels and open world game are 2 very different things. Also, it breaks my heart that you don't like my posts. 😂 I could care less one way or the other.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post




    The correct phrase is "I couldn't care less". "I could care less" doesn't make sense because that is saying there is a 'level of care' that is below what you currently are feeling. The correct phrase means you are at the least level of care. Hope that clears that up.

    I guess there could be a little hacking mini-game or a safe-crack mini-game like in Splinter Cell or Sleeping Dogs. There definitely shouldn't be a lockpicking mini game, though.

    The only problem with these types of mini-games is that they might get repetitive.

    I'm all for a secret chess/casino mini game or something like that. Something unique that can't be found everywhere and isn't really obvious.

    And sandbox levels just means non-linear Absolution type levels. All Hitman games before Absolution featured sandbox level design with Blood Money being the best example ('accidents' were the best thing to happen to the series).
    youre ma'boy shephard hahaaa

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Agent 68.5

    That's a good one
    signature image

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    Sandbox levels and open world game are 2 very different things. Also, it breaks my heart that you don't like my posts. 😂 I could care less one way or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    It's okay. Sit down. Drink a glass of milk. Everything will be all right. If you're still confused you're boyfriend Shephard explained it as well.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    The correct phrase is "I couldn't care less". "I could care less" doesn't make sense because that is saying there is a 'level of care' that is below what you currently are feeling. The correct phrase means you are at the least level of care. Hope that clears that up.
    You honestly believe I didn't already know that. I use that phrase because most people are too idiotic to know the difference and because it's easier to type. As clearly evident by mcesher1's primitive response of joy. That guy would never have corrected me on that in a million years. It took a Star Wars geek to finally correct me.

    Anyway, I'll leave you 2 lover birds be while the night is still young.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    You honestly believe I didn't already know that. I use that phrase because most people are too idiotic to know the difference and because it's easier to type. As clearly evident by mcesher1's primitive response of joy. That guy would never have corrected me on that in a million years. It took a Star Wars geek to finally correct me.

    Anyway, I'll leave you 2 lover birds be while the night is still young.
    You are right about how most people don't know the difference between the two phrases -- including you. Not adding 3 more characters to make something right doesn't even qualify under laziness.

    And Star Wars geek? Seriously? If you read my signature, you'd have an idea. But I shouldn't assume you've played Half-Life. After all, the first game didn't come to consoles so that's a tall order.

    Word of advice: use Google before you look like an idiot. For both the phrase and jumping to the conclusion that my name is from the Star Wars universe.
    signature image

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    You are right about how most people don't know the difference between the two phrases -- including you. Not adding 3 more characters to make something right doesn't even qualify under laziness.
    Actually, you're contradicting yourself there. Either you believe me or you don't. And what does that say about your boyfriend mcescher1 and every other user on this forum, as you and I have the best grammar here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    And Star Wars geek? Seriously? If you read my signature, you'd have an idea. But I shouldn't assume you've played Half-Life. After all, the first game didn't come to consoles so that's a tall order.
    Blame that on the small avatars this forum insists on using. From where I sit your avatar looks like Darth Vader. That's why I thought you were a Star Wars geek. Either way, it doesn't make much difference.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    wow now he is dissing the forum,

    im sorry sergio, but you are a complete troll - everytime we try to have a nice discussion about something you turn it into some weird debate about something completely off topic... you should really respect the ban that the admins gave you and keep your mouth shut for 3 months.. there is a reason why they banned you... you need to take a chill pill and quit starting crap with every person on here - you are not fooling anyone... you are just pi$$ing people off

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    wow now he is dissing the forum,

    im sorry sergio, but you are a complete troll - everytime we try to have a nice discussion about something you turn it into some weird debate about something completely off topic... you should really respect the ban that the admins gave you and keep your mouth shut for 3 months.. there is a reason why they banned you... you need to take a chill pill and quit starting crap with every person on here - you are not fooling anyone... you are just pi$$ing people off
    I hate to interrupt your lovely discussion, but I think this is the point where a mod should step in. Any takers?

    Quick aside btw: mcescher, why do you insist on calling Agent_69 'sergio'? You have no proof that he is the same person as the guy who got banned, apart from 'they talk about similar things' and 'they joined at the same time'. It seems to me as though you're clutching at straws and trying to get a rise out of him, which, really, is not very nice. If you really want to interrogate him about his identity, take it to PMs and don't derail every single thread the two of you post in.

    In the interests of steering this thread back on topic, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is a very good game, but I don't believe that it's something Hitman should try to be. Both may be social stealth, but one is about blending with the crowd, sneaking up on Templars, and stabbing them in the face, while the other is about using disguises to trick NPCs, gain access to restricted areas, and silently eliminating your targets. AC4's Eagle Vision is pretty good though, although it's stopped from being overpowered only because 1) it can't see through walls and 2) you can't use it while you're free-running, and you're free-running almost all the time.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    wow now he is dissing the forum,

    im sorry sergio, but you are a complete troll - everytime we try to have a nice discussion about something you turn it into some weird debate about something completely off topic... you should really respect the ban that the admins gave you and keep your mouth shut for 3 months.. there is a reason why they banned you... you need to take a chill pill and quit starting crap with every person on here - you are not fooling anyone... you are just pi$$ing people off
    lol! You read as bad as you type. I never insulted the forum. Your significant other, Shephard, called me lazy for not using proper grammar, air-go, he was insulting you and just about everyone else.

    You sound like a BAD MAN telling me to keep my mouth shut on the internet. Don't pretend that you weren't being a prick yourself when you dug up an old thread about crime scene clean up and made an obnoxious remark to me and another user. And as someone else just put it, stop calling me Sergio. My name is Agent_69 for a reason. You have no idea who I am or where I'm at.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    I stopped playing Assassin's Creed after Brotherhood. Maybe I'll try IV. Is the combat any different from, say, AC 2?

    Oh and Agent 69, in English writing there is something called "qualifying an argument/statement". It basically means you are making the statement/assertion less generalized or you are interpreting it differently.

    For example:

    If you say: "Most Americans need to exercise more."

    A formal qualifying response would be: "According to the latest government figures, most Americans are overweight; however, strenuous exercise is not appropriate for those with certain health conditions."

    I'm not fully agreeing or fully disagreeing with you. I'm somewhere in the middle. So, in fact, I did not contradict myself. I'm simply agreeing with the first part of your assertion and disregarding the last bit. You'll learn more about this if/when you take AP/IB English (assuming you are in America).
    signature image

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    I'm currently playing through Contracts again and I must say, I'm liking it a lot! The disguise system doesn't seem as tough Silent Assassin, but definitely not as easy as BM. I'll have to play through SA again but I think Contracts has my new favorite disguise system.
    signature image

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    lol! You read as bad as you type. I never insulted the forum. Your significant other, Shephard, called me lazy for not using proper grammar, air-go, he was insulting you and just about everyone else.

    You sound like a BAD MAN telling me to keep my mouth shut on the internet. Don't pretend that you weren't being a prick yourself when you dug up an old thread about crime scene clean up and made an obnoxious remark to me and another user. And as someone else just put it, stop calling me Sergio. My name is Agent_69 for a reason. You have no idea who I am or where I'm at.
    it says you are located in "Uranus", I am willing to bet that you are up someones anus for sure.

    also... i never made an obnoxious remark to "Agent_69" about crime scene cleanup... i do remember, however, a thread about crime scene cleanup with a user named "sergio"... hmmmmmmm... way to try and not give yourself away and yet completely give yourself away in the same post. you are a genius... someone hand this guy an award. special olympics maybe? participation award? thanks for trying certificate?

    back to assassins creed..

    i haven't played any of the other ones.. just IV.. it is really good tho' im having a blast with it.. for sure recommend it

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Okay no more snide remarks. No one needs to get banned (again).
    signature image

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    Oh and Agent 69, in English writing there is something called "qualifying an argument/statement". It basically means you are making the statement/assertion less generalized or you are interpreting it differently.

    For example:

    If you say: "Most Americans need to exercise more."

    A formal qualifying response would be: "According to the latest government figures, most Americans are overweight; however, strenuous exercise is not appropriate for those with certain health conditions."

    I'm not fully agreeing or fully disagreeing with you. I'm somewhere in the middle. So, in fact, I did not contradict myself. I'm simply agreeing with the first part of your assertion and disregarding the last bit. You'll learn more about this if/when you take AP/IB English (assuming you are in America).
    What the hell does that have to do with anything? First you called me a liar, then you validated my comment by calling me worse than lazy. It doesn't require PhD to explain something so basic.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    it says you are located in "Uranus", I am willing to bet that you are up someones anus for sure.
    Your mother's.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    What the hell does that have to do with anything? First you called me a liar, then you validated my comment by calling me worse than lazy. It doesn't require PhD to explain something so basic.
    *sigh*

    Reread very carefully. Then when you think you've got it, reread again.

    Never called you a liar. Just implied that I didn't believe you.

    Never said you are worse than lazy. You mentioned that it's easier to omit the 3 characters than to make the phrase right...which implies some form laziness. I said that omitting 3 characters doesn't even qualify as laziness...again implying that the root cause isn't laziness.

    The reason why I brought "qualifying" up is because you said I contradicted myself. Go back to the previous post to learn more.

    I'm not replying to you in this thread again if it's going to get personal (which it is starting to become). This is between you, mcescher1, and the eventual mod that will ban one, both, or if the mod is feeling particularly grumpy, all 3 of us.
    signature image

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    Never called you a liar. Just implied that I didn't believe you.
    Okay, college boy. Look up the term figurative speech.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    I'm not replying to you in this thread again if it's going to get personal (which it is starting to become). This is between you, mcescher1, and the eventual mod that will ban one, both, or if the mod is feeling particularly grumpy, all 3 of us.
    You mean it hasn't become personal yet?

    Whatever! This is enough BS for one night.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default



    Saying someone called you a liar isnt figurative speech

    anyway

    AC4 is pretty fun. Cant wait for Unity w/ 4 player coop

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_69 View Post
    lol! You read as bad as you type. I never insulted the forum. Your significant other, Shephard, called me lazy for not using proper grammar, air-go, he was insulting you and just about everyone else.

    You sound like a BAD MAN telling me to keep my mouth shut on the internet. Don't pretend that you weren't being a prick yourself when you dug up an old thread about crime scene clean up and made an obnoxious remark to me and another user. And as someone else just put it, stop calling me Sergio. My name is Agent_69 for a reason. You have no idea who I am or where I'm at.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Lol you guys are so funny. Sergio or not Sergio... you certainly are as cocksure and touched as he was
    And mcescher1 is master of replies here

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Seriously, guys. Why can't we just go back to talking about Assassins' Creed? -_- You've beaten the horse to a pulp, please stop before you roast it for breakfast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    I stopped playing Assassin's Creed after Brotherhood. Maybe I'll try IV. Is the combat any different from, say, AC 2?
    IV changed up the combat quite a bit, actually. The gunplay is improved a lot and the combat just seems to flow better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    I'm currently playing through Contracts again and I must say, I'm liking it a lot! The disguise system doesn't seem as tough Silent Assassin, but definitely not as easy as BM. I'll have to play through SA again but I think Contracts has my new favorite disguise system.
    I just finished SA and I'm close to finishing Contracts (on the mission after Slaying a Dragon), playing both for the first time. I found Contracts far easier than SA for two reasons
    1) guards are less paranoid
    2) AI doesn't glitch out very often in Contracts*
    * Granted, it doesn't glitch out much in SA either. It's just weird as hell in At the Gates, Hidden Valley and Temple City Ambush.

    My favourite missions from SA have to be Terminal Hospitality, The Jacuzzi Job, The Graveyard Shift, Invitation to a Party, and Tracking Hayamoto in that order. For Contracts, Beldingford Manor, Traditions of the Trade, and Deadly Cargo were the awesome ones.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •