Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaming Memorabilia

Default Gaming Memorabilia

Does anyone hear collect gaming memorabilia, such as statues? I have a decently sized statue collection. My prized possessions.
    signature image

How about starting off showing that collection of yours? Maybe then others will follow

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    How about starting off showing that collection of yours? Maybe then others will follow
    Ah good idea. I'll try to do that later tonight.
    signature image

I try to collect. A lot of the stuff is pretty hard to come by where I live if you're into anything besides Mario. And when I do find it, it's usually very expensive. I found myself collecting strategy guides to my favorite games a couple of years back. If I remember correctly it started by getting stuck playing 'TR: Chronicles' and getting sick and tired of going to the computer room, back to the couch for 10 minutes, back to the computer room, back to the couch, and on and on. Maybe a strange or odd collection, yeah, but for some reason I just like collecting them, even when I'm more than familiar with the game it's for.

Got a few Lara Croft statues I picked up while traveling last year that I'm fond of. For TR'13, as it was just out at the time I got them. They were cheaper in the store I got them in than if I'd bought them from the official online store, even clearance priced.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander Eidos Moderator

I still have a Track & Field headband from when I went to an arcade expo back in the 80's. I think I may still have a Mr. Do! Run balloon as well from the same show.

I think I still have some swag from when I went to E3 back in 2004. I know I have a crap load of bad pictures, cruddy camera, from that show.

From the E3 2012 I still have a lot of stuff like an awesome Tomb Raider Bag, Tomb Raider Hotel Key Cards, Shirts, Etc. I believe there is a thread with pictures of these items plus a Mug from Balder's Gate and some cardboard speakers from Skyrim (I think. Not 100% sure. I still have them packed away).

LC Action Figure from the TR collectors edition.
    Bat-a-rang from the Batman:AA collectors edition.

That's all I can think of ATM.

I've been a collector for 11 years now. In 2010 I became a more serious collector. I started going to conventions and met other collectors to trade with. But most of my collection origins from fleamarkets, because that's the one place where you will be able to find Mega Man 1 on NES for €1!

Here's a few pics of my collection for those who are interessted

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    I've been a collector for 11 years now. In 2010 I became a more serious collector. I started going to conventions and met other collectors to trade with. But most of my collection origins from fleamarkets, because that's the one place where you will be able to find Mega Man 1 on NES for €1!

Here's a few pics of my collection for those who are interessted

That's quite an impressive collection. I still have to get around to photographing my collection...
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by The Zoo Boy View Post
    That's quite an impressive collection. I still have to get around to photographing my collection...
    I bet you've got tons of Star Wars stuff!

I bet you've got tons of Star Wars stuff!
    Not nearly as much as I'd like.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by The Zoo Boy View Post
    Not nearly as much as I'd like.
    I only have a few things too. There is so much Star Wars stuff out there, so I only purchase the best looking items or things I find on a fleamarket. Like figures and ship replica's. Hope you've got some photos ready soon!

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander Eidos Moderator

AdeleDazeem, that is an impressive collection. Unfortunately my wife would kill me with a collection that big.

I wouldn't say 'collect', but I have picked up the odd figure or two, here and there. I have two Laras and some Final Fantasy VIII figures (Though not Selphie, as bizarrely her figure was never released in Britain because of a very weird British law regarding martial arts weapons. Even plastic ones!).
    signature image

So I have this internship as a 3D artsit in Amsterdam. I have to take my own laptop and (obvs) I have Tomb Raider on my desktop. On my first day my boss walks in and says: ''Tomb Raider, huh? Steph (my other boss in Los Angeles) worked on a Tomb Raider''. So I asked him which one and he pointed at this framed Cradle of Life disc with a piece of concept art in it. That was the moment my intership got a little more interresting because I was working for a Cradle of Life concept artist.

From the beginning I really wanted to meet him and ask him about his job at Paramount. But he lives in the US and I'm in Europe and according to me fellow interns he never visits The Netherlands. But my boss announced that he was coming the 22nd! I had my pen and copy of Cradle of Life ready and got him to sign it!

(Even though he said he couldn't even glance at that movie anymore. Not after working on it 24/7 for an entire year!)

Wow that's so cool, AdeleDazeem. What a crazy coincidence!

You should totally post that story in the TR section, too, for those who don't visit the general chat section

Oh and TZB... still waiting for your collection

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I got the sniper figure that came with my KillZone 3, the miniature Helghast helmet from KillZone 2, the remote controlled vehicle with a working video camera from Modern Warfare 2 (actually, no, it was Black Ops) and an Alien attacking a Colonial Marine who is using a power loader statue from Aliens: Colonial Marines.
    Last edited by Lord Martok; 09-24-2014 at 11:21 PM.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    TZB... still waiting for your collection
    Heh, sorry, I still haven't yet acquired my dad's camera and good lighting to properly photograph my collection. I will eventually though!!!
    signature image

I also collect old gaming mags that feature my favorite games. I just found this one yesterday...

It's not in the best shape, but it was only $1. It's always funny to me, reading these old mags and seeing what people were saying about certain games back then. The lady or gentleman (I forget which) that wrote the "A.o.D." article said something to the effect of "If they can take care of a few glitches and bugs, and tweak the controls slightly, this will be the best Tomb Raider yet!". Well, we all know how that went...
    signature image

Fleamarket find?

^^^ Absolutely, yeah. I find all my best buys for all my collections at those places. And I like being able to actually hold and look at something I'm thinking of buying, as opposed to online shopping where it's more like: "Well, I think it's in good shape. Looks alright in the picture." then buying something and it shows up a mess.
    signature image

Agreed. I barely shop online, about 70% of my collection originated from fleamarkets. Last week I bought a life-sized toy Lightsaber for €1,50. ^^

Nice. Which characters?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    Nice. Which characters?
    Not sure.. the Lightsaber is orange. But I think it used to be red, I'm guessing Darth Vader's.

Not sure.. the Lightsaber is orange. But I think it used to be red, I'm guessing Darth Vader's.
    If you can post a picture, I can probably tell you who's it is by the hilt.
    signature image

This is the only pic I have here. I'm pretty sure it's Darth Vader's, but prove me wrong.

(click image to enlarge)

Edit.
    Ah, here it is:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/WORKING-Star...item4adf7cd678

Oh, and pics of your collection. We're waiting...

This is the only pic I have here. I'm pretty sure it's Darth Vader's, but prove me wrong.

(click image to enlarge)

Edit.
    Ah, here it is:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/WORKING-Star...item4adf7cd678

Oh, and pics of your collection. We're waiting...
    Yup, that's Darth Vader's. And I'll have them photographed by January, I promise!!!
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast