Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Tomb Raider: Ten Thousand Immortals (Novel)

^Yeah. Although I didn't mind seeing a change in perspective, the way it was handled was poorly done, imo. If you have a change of character view like that, it needs to be clear and at least a paragraph break. It was interesting reading both Lara's and her antagonists sides to situations, but it was jarring to switch so suddenly like that.

And I appreciated the Buffy reference and really liked Willow's character.

not entirely finished yet but im getting there. just arrived at chapter 34.

i agree that this switching between character was confusing indeed. a paragraph would have been very handy. so yes, you are not the only one who got confused whats happening.

i guess they didnt bother since the chapters arent really long.

edit:
    well, i have finally finished the book.

otherwise, it was a really good read and very enjoy full. now i have to try to finish off the third book of lord of the rings . i know already i will fall asleep.

Last edited by Metalrocks; 11-13-2014 at 06:29 AM.
    signature image

Ok everyone. Maybe I've missed it above somewhere, but what is with The Book? Where and when did she get it? Was it introduced in the comics? I do not recall reading the answers to those questions in the book (meaning "10k Immortals") and it's kind of eating my brain up every time she reads it.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

How far in are you? I have not read it since saturday (up to Ch.30 something), but it gets explained in small doses along the way... It's a collection of notes and clippings regarding archaeological subjects. Where she got it from has not been told (or it was and I've forgotten), but I remember at some point it was said a number of different hands had added their own tidbits to it, so I'm guessing she might have inherited it from her father?

But yeah, even the very first lines of the novel are like "It was too late. She dropped it. She dropped The Book." It took me a long while to realize this was not a reference to the holy bible lol

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    How far in are you? I have not read it since saturday (up to Ch.30 something), but it gets explained in small doses along the way... It's a collection of notes and clippings regarding archaeological subjects. Where she got it from has not been told (or it was and I've forgotten), but I remember at some point it was said a number of different hands had added their own tidbits to it, so I'm guessing she might have inherited it from her father?

But yeah, even the very first lines of the novel are like "It was too late. She dropped it. She dropped The Book." It took me a long while to realize this was not a reference to the holy bible lol
    Yeah I figured it was a scrap book handed down from adventurer to adventurer for some reason. Mainly because, like you said, other people have written in it with the notes and clippings. Currently on Chapter 25, and I've been expecting to find out where she got it for a few chapters now, so if you don't remember reading it and I don't remember reading it, it must not have happened. A Bible would make sense tho. I can see a family member (Dad, presumably) giving it to her and quoting 'Zelda' with the old: "It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.". Thanks mate.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Perhaps we should actually just ask CD what The Book is. Is it a family heirloom? The journal she had with her at the end of TR'13? Will it appear in Rise? Someone has to know.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678