Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 181

Thread: Tomb Raider: Ten Thousand Immortals (Novel)

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    i am afraid my bookstore will not sell the book. i guess i have to get it over ebay.
    I'm lucky this time. I've got the option to order it on 'Bol.com' (A Dutch website that sells different kinds of media. English too) or I can pick it up in Amsterdam. There's a neat little bookstore here called 'American Book Store'.

    eBay will probably sell it too.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    I'm lucky this time. I've got the option to order it on 'Bol.com' (A Dutch website that sells different kinds of media. English too) or I can pick it up in Amsterdam. There's a neat little bookstore here called 'American Book Store'.

    eBay will probably sell it too.

    hong kong is more ignorant with this stuff. every time i have to write the title for them so that they can enter it in the system. not that i really blame them since english is not their strong language but still weird when they do have a quarter of the store filled with english books. hell, i even got my self the whole lord of the rings collection, that includes the hobbit, from there.

    i guess if i would go to the southern part of hong kong were there are more western people, they most likely would have it but since its not close to my area and not cheap either to travel there, its actually cheaper for me to get it over ebay.
    signature image

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    290

    Default

    I didn't see you live in Hong Kong. Just a guess, but what about the airport? They usually have a multi language book store around.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    the airport is at the far west. i live in the fat east. it takes over 2 hours to get there. and will cost me nearly 200HKD for one way. that would be around 20 euros.
    i think you would agree that ebay is cheaper.
    signature image

  5. #80
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    110

    Default

    I'm got it reserved here in Boston. I'll be picking it up the day of.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    That gorgeous cover art is by Brian Horton himself!
    I thought that it had Brian's art style to it! I adore his TR artwork and am so glad that he was able to illustrate the cover for the novel! I'm really the type of person who if they like the art on a book, they'll buy it

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bournemouth, UK
    Posts
    5,325

    Default

    Can I just point out the jacket she's wearing, it's a spitting image of Sam's. As mentioned before in the TR10 plot thread, it does look like Lara is wearing Sam's jacket in the Rise trailer (which apparently made it look black). That cover certainly suggests to me that the jacket does in fact belong to Sam

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Can I just point out the jacket she's wearing, it's a spitting image of Sam's. As mentioned before in the TR10 plot thread, it does look like Lara is wearing Sam's jacket in the Rise trailer (which apparently made it look black). That cover certainly suggests to me that the jacket does in fact belong to Sam
    OH MY GOD IT DOES! How did I not notice this?? Damn it looks good on Lara Hmmm it'll be interesting to see how this all ties in

  9. #84
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    110

    Default

    It does look good on Lara. Something tells me this book is going to be very interesting.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    I just got an e-mail stating that my preorder of the book has been finalised and the item will release and ship on the 14th and I will receive it on the 16th thanks to my Two-Day Shipping.
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

  11. #86
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    110

    Default

    I can pick mines up today!

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
    I can pick mines up today!
    How? It's not being released until the 14th.
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

  13. #88
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    How? It's not being released until the 14th.
    It arrived early. The store said they could "do some things."

    And now, I have it in my possession.


  14. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rhode Island, USA
    Posts
    496

    Default

    I looked at amazon and they have both cover versions, the one we see (Lara with the jacket) and the one with her close up about to shoot an arrow. Both say paperback and the jacket version is to be released on the 14th and the arrow one to be released on the 20th. I don't see a bit of difference except the arrow one seems to be more expensive by like 20 cents. What's the difference? I would like this in hardcover but it only says paperback unless a hardcover version comes out later. I'm surprised it's so cheap too both are under $10.
    signature image

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    4,066

    Default

    That image of Motoleo's, it kinda looks like a cardboard image, like a placeholder and nothing else. Where are the pages ? Perhaps it's the angle he's holding it. I know it's not a very thick book...
    Last edited by Rai; 10-11-2014 at 03:17 PM.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    That image of Motoleo's, it kinda looks like a cardboard image, like a placeholder and nothing else. Where are the pages ? Perhaps it's the angle he's holding it. I know it's not a very thick book...
    You inquired, here's the details!

    http://thefaceofleo.tumblr.com/post/...e-ten-thousand

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    I looked at amazon and they have both cover versions, the one we see (Lara with the jacket) and the one with her close up about to shoot an arrow. Both say paperback and the jacket version is to be released on the 14th and the arrow one to be released on the 20th. I don't see a bit of difference except the arrow one seems to be more expensive by like 20 cents. What's the difference? I would like this in hardcover but it only says paperback unless a hardcover version comes out later. I'm surprised it's so cheap too both are under $10.
    There's no difference. The second listing is outdated as the cover art is the one with Lara wearing a jacket and holding a Beretta.
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

  18. #93
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    110

    Default

    The foreword indicates that the book does indeed start with the end of the game, and end where the comics begin. Which, I was hoping for major changes or revisions.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rhode Island, USA
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    There's no difference. The second listing is outdated as the cover art is the one with Lara wearing a jacket and holding a Beretta.

    Thanks, so the one we see (Lara with jacket) is the final and official version.
    signature image

  20. #95
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    4,183

    Default

    I got an email saying my pre-order would be dispatched "soon". The listing says it's available but still has the release date set as the 20th lol. What is the official street date?

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    I got an email saying my pre-order would be dispatched "soon". The listing says it's available but still has the release date set as the 20th lol. What is the official street date?
    A few stores have started to release it early, but the official street date remains October 20th.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    4,066

    Default

    I've not heard anything about mine. In the my orders, it's telling me it's unavailable and they 'don't know when it'll be back in stock'. Does this mean I may not get it or it's just not released yet so that's why it's unavailable?.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    I've not heard anything about mine. In the my orders, it's telling me it's unavailable and they 'don't know when it'll be back in stock'. Does this mean I may not get it or it's just not released yet so that's why it's unavailable?.
    I think it's 50/50 here, Rai.
    When I ordered a gaming headset from Amazon that was out of stock, they ended up receiving more of them the week after I placed my order. There's probably a waiting period for online retailers to determine the amount of orders they have to accommodate before they place a bulk order.

    Amazon, for instance, won't tell you it'll be back in stock in say, a week, unless they're absolutely certain. If you preordered your copy in advance (I preordered mine back in June) then you should be getting a copy swiftly. If it was a last minute preorder, like maybe this month or so, you might have to wait until the next batch arrives.
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    for those who order it online, are you getting it from a retailer or just from amazon and ebay?
    signature image

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    4,066

    Default

    @Valenka, well I pre-ordered from Amazon back in June as well, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed then. Edit: I cancelled my amazon order and ordered from WH Smith instead. This way I can just collect it on the day with no delivery charge and no worrying it won't be available.

    It's odd and a little sad that I sometimes go online forgetting high street stores. It didn't even occur to me to try a local store, I think it was because I got to thinking it wouldn't be available from a 'regular' store, somehow.
    Last edited by Rai; 10-14-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •