Thread: What Memory Sequences should be in ROTTR from the Classics as in Easter Eggs

Post What Memory Sequences should be in ROTTR from the Classics as in Easter Eggs

What Easter Egg things would you like to see in ROTTR

Creatures:
    In TR1 Lara Bagged Bigfoot, but we never actually got to kill it in TR5 so what if this time, Lara Bags Bigfoot in ROTTR as a Boss Creature or something.

Familiar things:
    In TR2013 we heard the Classic AH HA Sound with Lara saying it, i Really Hope this happens Allot in ROTTR

You know when we found the 3 Dragon Statues as Secrets in TR2 what if at a Market, we see them standing there at a Stall.

Say that Line:
    I only play for sport - from TR1 - Some Character at the Beginning of the Game Pays Lara to do something for her, yet she should say that Line.

Havent you seen enough - from TR2 - Basically at the End of the Game after we Kill the Main Antagonist and we see some Cinematic of Lara at some New Tomb, then she should say that Line in front of the Camera and Shoot us with the Screen blanking out. The End.

If i had a Coconut for everytime some Lunatic said something like that - from TRAOD - Somewhere in the Game during a Cinematic where the Bad Guy tells Lara her plan, she should say that line.

I want a Croft Manor as a House with a Training Area and a Bike Area plus an Animal Riding Area, then Lara should stand either Outside or Inside: Welcome Back, after that Grueling Island Business Last Year.
    Last edited by daventry; 07-03-2014 at 07:35 AM.

Easter eggs are fun, hope they include something, but certainly NOT anything that could spark a discussion of previous characters coming back xD
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

Smile

Yea like Natla or Zip and Alister in witch Kurtis is a No

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    Easter eggs are fun, hope they include something, but certainly NOT anything that could spark a discussion of previous characters coming back xD
    Agreed. In TR9 when locating every GPS cache, the classic tune plays and Lara says "Aha!" Easter eggs like that are welcome, but any characters of the series past should not be included. It's a shame Kurtis Trent never truly got the closure I wanted; I'd fallen quite smitten with him.
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a rebooted Natla, or an Amanda at the head of Trinity.

Smile

This is why i dont want to Alienate People, No more Natla/Amanda/Zip/Alister/Kurtis that will have People Speculate why these People are here when its suppose to be a TR Reboot, thus Tiny Easter Eggs like the Pling Ah Ha Secret is one of the Welcomed things.

Could be a newspaper in the window with headlines like "Superstar Amanda Evert found dead in bathtub" or "Government shutdown of Natla Tech." ... It would certainly shut down any returning character ideas

I like getting easter eggs. When you got the 'ah ha' plink I absolutely loved it. It takes a lot of cleverness to throw something like that into the game but it shows they care for the past of the franchise.

'ah ha' plink should stay for the next game.
    signature image

Revenge of the forgotten thread!

So, in one of the Tombs in Rise there should definitely be a hidden PS4

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Revenge of the forgotten thread!

So, in one of the Tombs in Rise there should definitely be a hidden PS4
    Or maybe a shootable XBone?
    signature image

Could be a newspaper in the window with headlines like "Superstar Amanda Evert found dead in bathtub" or "Government shutdown of Natla Tech." ... It would certainly shut down any returning character ideas
    +1 to this!
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

SLinc beauty products? Some NPCs going on a cruise on the Maria Doria? History books written by Mme Carvier?

Talking

Being able to climb some chandeliers as in TR2 would be nice.
    «Plus on aide le fou, plus il rit!»
    -Prévert

How about a gold TR1 statue hidden , or even the Scion!!!!

I have to admit, when I first saw this thread, I thought about Assassin's Creed because of the 'memory sequences' wording in the title and I was just like, God no!

Good thread idea, though. I loved the little "Aha!" in TR2013 when finding all of the caches and I'd love another homage to the classic series. I would love for them to use the "I only play for sport," line in there somewhere.
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

Id buy a DLC where we could go hunting bigfoots! This is a fun idea it would be nice if they thought of a way to do these things at CD so we could get some classic Lara Action like wrestling tigers and such.

Maybe the excalibur!! ( )
    "Death by irony is always painful...amateurs" ~ Lara Croft 2006

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CroftManiac View Post
    Maybe the excalibur!! ( )
    The Ark of the covenant was in Croft Mansion, maybe a fun DLC where we go steal it from the warehouse, or from the tomb itself would be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
    The Ark of the covenant was in Croft Mansion, maybe a fun DLC where we go steal it from the warehouse, or from the tomb itself would be pretty awesome.
    It sounds fun!!
    It could also have as an easter egg the Iris or the Ankh or even an unlockable TR1 outfit!!!
    "Death by irony is always painful...amateurs" ~ Lara Croft 2006

Quote Originally Posted by CroftManiac View Post
    ... or even the Scion!!!!
    This.
    The Atlantean Scion is probably my most favourite icon of any game, ever. Seeing it in a museum, or referred to on a cavern wall, or something - love it.

The Dagger of Xian, Amulet of Horus and Senet too, Natla logo on the side of a truck (but like "Natla Home Services" or something).
    signature image

Maybe an appearance of the father that came with Lara on her Ireland adventure.

Ha! This would be brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by darksaiyan View Post
    This.
    The Atlantean Scion is probably my most favourite icon of any game, ever. Seeing it in a museum, or referred to on a cavern wall, or something - love it.

The Dagger of Xian, Amulet of Horus and Senet too, Natla logo on the side of a truck (but like "Natla Home Services" or something).
    It would be nice to see Scion in Croft Manor as part of Lara's collection of artifacts or something.

I remember seeing Natla logo on the boxes at the end of a TR Legend and being quite excited about it. Easter eggs are awesome!

These things are entertaining, but I hope people don't get disappointed if RotTR continues to not reference Lara's previous incarnation.
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

Have Lara standing before her classic outfit and saying any of the following to herself:

"Hmmmm...someday, when I'm a bit more confident."
    "Maybe someday I'll actually fit into that."
    "This could have some tactical advantages against the boys out there."
    "Would need to work on my tan first."
    "I'll be in the gym."
    "A-ha."
    "I can definitely play for sport in that!"
    "I think I'll give Maxim a call."

Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!