Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Then I'm guessing it is in the FAQ sticky thread after all, heh. And NP

PS. If all goes well, your package should arrive sometime today
    I guess that means that *game digital download code, disc not included only counts for the PC/Steam version? I also think I may be going blind. Found this in the FAQ

The Gold Edition in Europe for PC and PS4 will have a disk. In North America, the Gold Edition box contains all of the physical collectibles, and then digital download codes for the game and the season pass are provided separately.

And that's great news! I'm nearly done with my current novel. Thanks for the update ^^

Edit.
    Has anyone here played Guardian of Light alone and offline? I skipped GoL due to it's download-only release. I'm probably going to play Temple of Osiris alone for the most part, so... just curious about what people thought.
    Last edited by AdeleDazeem; 10-29-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    Has anyone here played Guardian of Light alone and offline? I skipped GoL due to it's download-only release. I'm probably going to play Temple of Osiris alone for the most part, so... just curious about what people thought.
    I have. I thought it was great. I've never played a co-op game w/ anyone, so I can't say how much is different (enemy numbers, puzzle difficulty, etc.) between solo and co-op, but I can say the cutscenes are a bit odd solo. Totec shows up, Lara says something like: "Right! Let's go!", cutscene ends, Totec's gone. Small detail tho. Again, it's a great game.

I don't typically play this kind of 'Metal Slug' type arcade shooter, and I'd never have looked twice at it if it weren't a Lara game, and I really found myself enjoying it much more than I'd anticipated. The combat was a lot of fun, the puzzles were excellent and a cure-all for those thinking they were lacking in TR9, and the various challenges (time trials, "Destroy X amount of blah in X seconds!") were actually loads of fun and very rewarding. And for fans of 'Legend', 'Anni', & 'Underworld', the soundtrack is excellent. I highly recommend it.

And some of the above mentioned challenges are friggin' hard. But that makes them very satisfying once you've completed them. Full disclosure: I've not yet completed all of them. I speak for the ones I have, which is maybe 85% of them.

My only "complaint" is the DLC challenge packs aren't that satisfying. They're fun, yes, but they don't really offer the sense of accomplishment and awards the main campaign does. And if you've played all the challenges in one challenge pack, you've played all of the challenge packs.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

I played GoL in co-op and it was awesome, it definitely adds another level of fun, having to co-ordinate yourselves in big sequences. Winter is correct about the whole cut scene constancy part, it is only a small detail though.
    I'll be playing Osiris alone ( ) but I'm still expecting it to be a blast! It might be worth getting GoL before Osiris is out and just getting to grips with the game beforehand

Ah, and I forgot: In single player mode of G.o.L. you play as Lara by default. No choice of playing as Totec, which having never played co-op and therefore having no clue what his abilities are I can't say is being "robbed" of anything. Meaning I don't know for sure if there'd have to have been two versions of each level for both characters because he can do this, she can't, vice versa, and you need one of those skills (Lara's grapple for example) to progress. But I think it's a fair guess tho, because the grapple does come into play quite a bit.

But I was slightly disappointed by that because I did want to see what he was capable of.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Thanks guys, you're really helpfull (I love the community on this site)

I'm glad to hear mulitiple people have played GoL alone and still enjoyed every last bit of it. I've played various games that were ment to be played co-op, but still really liked playing alone. Such as Fuse, Inversion, All 4 One etc. Actually I think GoL sounds pretty cool with just Lara, so it's probably the same with Osiris!

Just a minor detail, you can play Osiris offline right?

Just a minor detail, you can play Osiris offline right?
    Yes, you can play offline

Also, Winter, the only differences between Totec and Lara are that Totec cannot stand on the spears to reach higher areas and he has a shield that Lara can use to jump on. IIRC there is an achievement/trophy for jumping off of Totec's shield whilst Totec is jumping

I'm actually wondering if you're forced to play as Lara in Osiris single player too...

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Yes, you can play offline
    Yes! Think I'm gonna stop by my local gamestore next week to pre-order. Awesome.

Yes! Think I'm gonna stop by my local gamestore next week to pre-order. Awesome.
    Good choice! I've pre-ordered on Amazon which will get me the Deus-Ex pack

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123