Thread: Hitman without Jesper Kyd

Unhappy Hitman without Jesper Kyd

Hello guys !

I've always been a big fan of Hitman and its universe. I loved Hitman 1,2,3,4 and its soundtracks that gave me chills.

I didn't finish Hitman Absolution, in fact, I just played a few missions and then uninstalled the game. Do you guys remember that mission where you were in a bar and you had to punch each and every man in front of you in order to reach your target ? That's exactly the moment when I stopped playing Absolution.

I'm a true fan of Hitman and Jesper. I think what made Hitman a success is %50 Hitman and %50 Jesper's soundtracks.

I'm so sorry Jesper is not in the development team anymore.

Imagine this trailer without Jesper's soundtrack in the background. That's what Absolution was for me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5v5YI4a-Ow

Please, please, please, we want Jesper for Hitman 6 !
    Last edited by OpenDATA; 05-28-2014 at 07:46 AM.

I agree - Jesper really had a huge impact on the way each level felt. Imagine Contracts without his tracks - he played a huge role in setting the depressing and disturbing moods there.
    There's a bullet for everyone.. And a time.. And a place..

True, Contracts had one of the best soundtracks ever. Cold and disturbing.

Absolutely. Jesper Kyd is a must. I'm sure he would do it if IO asked since they are both from Denmark. The creators of Hitman are personal friends with him anyway.

I hope Kyd does the Eastern European orchestra again like in Hitman 2.

Kyd's not doing the soundtrack for Hitman 6. He was speaking today in Denmark about making music in games and his career and answered a question from the audience. He was asked if he'd be working with the Hitman franchise in the future and answered that he won't be doing Hitman 6, "but you never know what the future brings." I read this from another forum and I do consider the poster as a very reliable source. You can read his post here.

He is apparently very busy at the moment, working on the soundtrack for 4 upcoming games he's not allowed to talk about. Sadly Hitman isn't one of them.

IOI is going to have trouble replacing him.

Ouch. Hopefully they get a better composer than the one on Absolution. I felt most of the "soundtracks" on absolution were cheesy sound effects or 30 second sound clips played in a loop. In contrast Kyd's tracks pretty much defined the atmosphere of the level.
    There's a bullet for everyone.. And a time.. And a place..

Quote Originally Posted by OpenDATA View Post
    True, Contracts had one of the best soundtracks ever. Cold and disturbing.
    Hitman 2SA has some great eerie background music as well. But yeah his music was sorely missed in Absolution.
    Its a shame someone might've dropped the ball at IO and didn't sign him up to stay with the franchise...
    I think he's probably moved on and hooked up with another video game team by now doing their soundtracks. I hope I'm wrong. But I think we've heard the last of him in Hitman. I wish him the best of luck.
    On that note:One of my alltime favorites from Contracts Bjarkov Bomb running through the tunnel. rip

http://youtu.be/gJO-wUEX0wE
    Last edited by kennj4; 06-04-2014 at 10:48 PM. Reason: cant imbed the video :0
    signature image

Totally agree. Currently listening to Blood Money's sound-track via streaming. Jesper Kyd's soundtracks are available in the most popular music streaming applications actually.

Its a must have. Hitman Absolution really disappointed me in the soundtrack. Let us not to allow the same error in Hitman6.

This thread should be sticky!

Quote Originally Posted by rafaelleitao View Post
    This thread should be sticky!
    ...?

There isn't any useful info in this thread...just people expressing their desire for Jesper Kyd which I'm absolutely sure IO knows we want.

Jesper already announced he wasn't doing hitman 6 though?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    ...?

There isn't any useful info in this thread...just people expressing their desire for Jesper Kyd which I'm absolutely sure IO knows we want.
    Consider it a an incentive to IO. And if they sure know, it seems that's not enough.

Hey guys I Have played all hitman series but i have played hitman contracts in 2004 when it realesed(long time ago) and I couldn't remember any soundtracks of hitman contracts but a moment ago I decided to download hitman contracts main soundtrack...(I wanted to remember how was jesper kyd in making soundtrack)and I downloaded it...
    It's very nice...when you hear it you feel like 47...you remember 47's face and missions...wow...I don't know what I should say!!!
    If any of you don't have this soundtrack I recommand to download it.
    http://www.uplooder.net/cgi-bin/dl.c...99379d1f9fee3a
    jesper kyd...we Worship you after god

JESPER KYD

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin47 View Post
    I don't know what I should say!!!
    Be silent then, kid.