Thread: Blog Post (28.5.2014): First Concept from IOI's Next Hitman Game

Default Blog Post (28.5.2014): First Concept from IOI's Next Hitman Game

We've just posted a new blog with an update on the next Hitman game and a first look at the first concept image from the game.

Check it out on www.hitman.com
    Last edited by Travis@IO; 07-31-2014 at 01:17 AM. Reason: updated link

Just one Qn. Does the game atleast release this year?
    Can't wait. Hitman Absolution was brilliant

Nice concept image. Glad to see we'll be in huge exotic sandbox levels.

I'm a bit disappointed you haven't answered specific questions about the game like if we're going back to the old disguise system, and other little details like if Bateson and others are coming back. Will you be giving those sorts of details out any time soon?
    There's a bullet for everyone.. And a time.. And a place..

Awesome concept. Remids me of Amendment XXV level from Blood Money.

I'm really digging the look, It looks more serious than Absolution, The NPC's look very real, this may very well be a true next-gen game...here's hoping? looks like Beldingford Manor in Contracts...

At this time, a lot of the answers are difficult or not possible to answer for a bunch of different reasons but I'll give them a go anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Akram. View Post
    We're not ready to give specifics on the release date. Of course, when we do, you'll not be able to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsrob View Post
    Nice concept image. Glad to see we'll be in huge exotic sandbox levels.

I'm a bit disappointed you haven't answered specific questions about the game like if we're going back to the old disguise system, and other little details like if Bateson and others are coming back. Will you be giving those sorts of details out any time soon?
    We know that the disguise system is an area that our fans want to hear more about. We've said before that the best way for us to explain these systems and how they work is to have specific developers that are working on them to talk about them in detail. All of that information as well as the voice actors will be given out but right now, it's difficult to say exactly when. I'm hoping that's not too much of a 'non-answer'.

I saw in the open letter that you guys were not able to comment on the question wheter or not this new Hitman game will be playable on the PS3. As I see it on the new concept art and new information, it won't be.
    So maybe could you answer my question clearly: Will we be able to play Hitman '6' on the PS3?
    I know a lot of people would appreciate it very much, including me, that this game would be released on PS3. At least i'm happy that we won't have to wait another 6 years to see 47 back in action, thanks for that

Apparently it seems that its really important for you what the fans think about your game.
    All information I could read so far, are very convincing. You listend and I think you are on the right way.

But could you say something about a chance for a revival of Jesper Kyd? Any hints?
    If you want a huge PR-boost, just announce his cooperation.

I noticed the banner on the building which reads Sanguine...I did some research and here is what it means...(any thoughts?) what type of game are they going for? Bloody? All out War on Everybody? A Love Story? or could it be the title? Hitman: Sanguine...

san·guine - san′guine·ness, san·guin′i·ty n.
    Word History: The similarity in form between sanguine, "cheerfully optimistic," and sanguinary, "bloodthirsty," may prompt one to wonder how they have come to have such different meanings. The explanation lies in medieval physiology with its notion of the four humors or bodily fluids (blood, bile, phlegm, and black bile). The relative proportions of these fluids was thought to determine a person's temperament. If blood was the predominant humor, one had a ruddy face and a disposition marked by courage, hope, and a readiness to fall in love. Such a temperament was called sanguine, the Middle English ancestor of our word sanguine. The source of the Middle English word was Old French sanguin, itself from Latin sanguineus. Both the Old French and Latin words meant "bloody," "blood-colored," Old French sanguin having the sense "sanguine in temperament" as well. Latin sanguineus was in turn derived from sanguis, "blood," just as English sanguinary is. The English adjective sanguine, first recorded in Middle English before 1350, continues to refer to the cheerfulness and optimism that accompanied a sanguine temperament but no longer has any direct reference to medieval physiology.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
    Last edited by austin47; 05-30-2014 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis@IO View Post
    I'm hoping that's not too much of a 'non-answer'.
    That you recognize there is a disappointment with the current system is enough for me, sir.

Take away the splinter-cell/Thief feel. Bring back the Blood Money/Contracts.

(Thief is awesome, btw)

Also... kind of not a huge fan of the cut scenes.

Hitman Series is about options. If your devs have that in the front of their minds, the next game is going to be great.

Can you give the fans at least an approximation of what stage of development the game is in i.e. have all of the levels been mapped or has the script been written yet?

Or is this still in the "concept" stage?

Thanks.

And BTW, the NPC's look super life-like. I'm impressed...

Quote Originally Posted by Travis@IO View Post
    We've just posted a new blog with an update on the next Hitman game and a first look at the first concept image from the game.

Check it out on www.hitman.com
    Hello. Thanks for sharing the first work of art the next installment of our beloved Agent 47.

I just have one question for now and I think maybe you can answer me.

When told that this new installment of Hitman will sandbox, make mention that the scenarios will be huge and completely open, such as: Make a level or mission that takes place in London, will recreate much of London as a world entirely open or limited to only the scenarios are large, open only at a specific site, such as: the building on the art work to be shown.

That's my question, how will the new Hitman sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Akram. View Post
    Ooooh careful on wanting a game sooner. This year would seem too soon, I'd expect a release late 2015 or mid to late 2016, 2018 if it's really developed. There had been a Hitman game every 2 years until Absolution.

Codename 47 (2000)
    Silent Assassin (2002)
    Contracts (2004)
    Blood Money (2006)

Keeping the old pattern might make the game rushed on the flip side of that coin if it goes too long people might think it's not being made, I remember sitting watching the end of Blood Money for the 400'th time back in 2010 thinking "Man, what a bad ending to the series." Didn't hear about Absolution until I saw it for Pre-Order on Steam.

if it come in 2015 it's very good or maximum should be middle of 2016.2018 is too late

I'm willing to pay $1 million, if hitman 6 hit the best possible gameplay system.