Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Comp #16 - TR Dark Horse Comics [winners announced in post #29]

Default Forum Comp #16 - TR Dark Horse Comics [winners announced in post #29]

It's competition time again!

The task of this comp is to give your own spin to the recently released Dark Horse TR comics. You may use any of the officially released assets from this zipfile. The speech bubbles have already been blanked out. And you can of course also add additional speech bubbles where you see fit, or make the existing ones bigger to fit more text.

You may use as few or as many of the images from the zipfile as you'd like. You may also cut out individual panels (frames) and re-arrange them how you want to make your story. You may even enter with a single panel while adding a humorous remark for example, or incorporate the panel into a meme.

The core rules are:

• Maximum 1 entry per person/household
    • Maximum 400 words per entry.
    • Post your entry in this thread and start your post with the text *THIS IS MY CONTEST ENTRY*
    • Use http://pic.driber.net/up/ for uploading images.
    • Entry submission deadline: May 26, 2014 at noon CET

THE PRIZES!
    1st place: copy of TR Definitive Edition (NA and EU versions available) AND 1 item from digital goodies bag
    2nd place: copy of TR Definitive Edition (NA and EU versions available) OR 1 item from digital goodies bag
    3rd place: 1 item from digital goodies bag

Digital goodies bag:

How to enter:
    Post your entry in this thread and start your post with the text *THIS IS MY CONTEST ENTRY*

Upload images using this link http://pic.driber.net/up (choose "comp #16") and insert the BB code in your post.
    Detailed T&C

• Maximum 1 entry per person/household
    • Maximum 400 words per entry.
    • Post your entry in this thread and start your post with the text *THIS IS MY CONTEST ENTRY*
    • Use http://pic.driber.net/up/ for uploading images.
    • Entry submission deadline: May 26, 2014 at noon CET
    • Competition promoter is Driber. Prizes donated by Crystal Dynamics & Square Enix.
    • Driber reserves the right to extend the deadline and/or cancel the competition at any time without warning or reason.
    • Keep your entry clean, in good taste and in accordance with our FORUM TOU.
    • Your entry may not break any laws.
    • Entries must be in English.
    • In the event of a tie, the person who posted first wins.
    • Maximum 1 prize per contestant; contestants cannot win for example 1st prize and 3rd prize.
    • In cases of suspected fraud, winners are responsible for proving ownership of their entry in order to claim their prize.
    • Winners will be notified via PM or email. Winners must respond (with their postal address when applicable) within 2 weeks of being notified or else their prize may go to another contestant.
    • Judges decisions are final.

Good luck, everyone!

==================================================
    * * * Forum competition history and previous winners collage * * *

APR 2010: Forum Easter egg hunt | JUL 2011: Guess the number | AUG 2011: Photoshop caption fun | NOV 2011: Meme comp | DEC 2011: Create a Christmas sig
    FEB 2012: Create your own V-Day card | MAR 2012: Easter Fun | APR 2012: TR Fan Art "By Hand" | JUL 2012: The Fabulous Destinations of Lara Croft | JUL 2012: post your favorite (funny) screens | SEP 2012: AoD caption contest | OCT 2012: design your own forum banner | DEC 2012: Create a TR Holiday Card | FEB 2013: TR Early Game Contest APR 2013: Funny Caption Contest | SEP 2013: Design an outfit for Lara | DEC 2013: Lara's Christmas Story | APR 2014: TR Dark Horse Comics | OCT 2014: TR novel give-away

Click here for more photos...
    ==================================================

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I'm so gonna do a LaraxSam fan fiction for this.

Photoshop work is allowed? I mean, for example put an ingame Legend screenshot to the comic picture?

Or only text modding is allowed?
    I make my own luck.

BUMP

Guess I'll have to brush the dust off of GIMP

@Roli: I'm inclined to say it's allowed, but send me an example via PM first so I can see it in action before giving a definite 'yes'

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Driber, can I use other panels from the comics?

No, the comics are copyrighted material, so you can't use any of the panels that weren't publicly released as a free preview. Only those in the zipfile are okay to use.

Ok, thanks!

*THIS IS MY CONTEST ENTRY*

(Sorry for the silliness, but I just couldn't come up with anything more serious! XD )
    Last edited by dark7angel; 04-30-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    signature image

Too fun not to enter,

Reboot Lara going through her hardcore phase:

Last edited by larafan25; 05-01-2014 at 10:58 AM.

^

AGREE !

signature image

omg Reyes giving Lara the glasses.

Make sure you add "*THIS IS MY CONTEST ENTRY*" when posting an entry, folks!

*looks at LF25*

First of all, congrats to FearEffect's entry, it cracked me up

Mind that not everyone will understand my entry. Only people who have played Portal 2 will.

So...

I'm putting it in Spoiler tags because it's 9 pages long.

Last edited by Driber; 05-03-2014 at 06:41 AM. Reason: removed spoiler

QUESTIONS

In cases of suspected fraud, winners are responsible for proving ownership of their entry in order to claim their prize.
    What does "ownership" mean? Let's say someone is gonna help me for my entry or gives me some ideas I can use, does this count as "my ownership"?

How much Photoshop is allowed?

I'm not allowed to insert an additional pic, am I? Like one of Sam from a different panel or the cover from TR9?

Naaaice! Portal!

That one was actually super funny.

The Bear and the Maiden Fair

WARNING: Be aware that this comic was written by a gay potato. :3

Last edited by Ellie92; 05-01-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Last edited by adobeARTIST; 05-04-2014 at 07:04 AM.
    signature image

Last edited by NSW pride; 05-06-2014 at 09:00 PM.
    If you are reading this signature, you have just wasted 3 seconds of your life

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie89 View Post
    QUESTIONS

What does "ownership" mean? Let's say someone is gonna help me for my entry or gives me some ideas I can use, does this count as "my ownership"?

How much Photoshop is allowed?

I'm not allowed to insert an additional pic, am I? Like one of Sam from a different panel or the cover from TR9?
    1. The ownership rule applies when someone for example uses someone else's fan art without the author's permission.

2. Can't put a number on it, but for example pidipidi39's entry is acceptable.

3. I'd have to see it first to judge. But no, you can't use a pic of Sam from a panel which isn't in the zipfile (meaning that it hasn't been made publicly available by Dark Horse as a free preview, so it would be a copyright violation)

So is Gail Simone or Rhianna Pratchett (or even both) on the judging panel for this?
    signature image

*bump*

Is it too late to change my entry? I've changed the wording to make it more original. The first two parts are the same, so I'd just need to replace part of it.
    Last edited by Rai; 05-15-2014 at 04:51 AM.

You may change your entry as long as the comp is still running. But you'd have to remove your old post and make a new post with the new version

Okay, I'll do that, thank you.

As not all the wording is my own, I hope it's not against the rules. Either way, let it be a fun thing to read. Hopefully you'll like it.

Less than 1 week left to enter, folks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast