Thread: DX:HR DC Missing Link loading a save problem

Default DX:HR DC Missing Link loading a save problem

The game crashes if I try to load a save game after incapacitating any enemy when backtracking back to get Burke's retinal implant in his office. If I leave the enemies alone I can save and load wherever I want up until I ride the elevator down to Cavanaugh, where advancing past the corridor where the robot arms on the left and the right are and then saving fails to load that particular save game. I've also got to the hostage situation and made multiple saves but none of them load, including quick-save and auto-saves.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: DXHRDC.exe
    Application Version: 2.0.66.0
    Application Timestamp: 52840914
    Fault Module Name: DXHRDC.exe
    Fault Module Version: 2.0.66.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 52840914
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000651d0
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Loading the saves near the hostage situation gives me fatal error(s), something like "out of memory" and another (ERROR: Out of memory, "Misc" requested 268435456 bytes (262144.0 kB 256.0 MB) (180649552 total free (176415.6 kB 172.3 MB) (total free with fall back alloc 172.3))

Last edited by Frolsa84; 04-13-2014 at 10:05 AM.

Redid the detention camp and it didn't crash when loading the saves in the admin area... It still crashes when loading the saves in the restricted wing, down in Cavanaugh's office.

Okay, update. I was able to get to the final boss of the DLC without loading a save and can load a save fine in that final area with the boxguard. Outside of it, it fails to load, be it the restricted area, the detention camp, admin or loading bays 1 & 2. Only after the boss fight it loads fine.

I'm guessing this is caused by the idiotic design decision not to have loading screens, but those stupid SAS or biometric whatever checkpoints that take like 10x more time to go through.

Well, it happened in Singapore. But I made it to the final location in the game. But it's happening there as well right from the beginning... Same exception code, same offset...

Well, I googled around a bit and found out that it happens in Thief 4 as well (surprise, surprise, "good job" Nixxes, /golfclap)...

So I deleted all my saves (first I backed them up, of course!) and was able to quick-save and load successfully... Only problem is I fall through the floor or some such (I can hear the Icarus augment sound effect), the screen is white and I get killed instantly by enemies (which coincidentally aren't even on the floor I'm supposed to be falling through!). The adventure continues . . .

Reloaded from the end of the Missing Link, crashes at roughly the same spot in Omega Ranch - the Micro-Gen labs (and on-ward).

Installed the latest beta drivers, dropped all the bells & whistles to the lowest settings, set compatibility to XP, turned off DX11...

This is money and time wasted (roughly 40 hours, probably more) . . .

Well, I finished the game without saving in Panchea and half the Omega ranch... Made like 10 saves in Panchea and none of them load, some of them with "out of memory" error. I also tried reinstalling the game on C: drive.

Going 40+ hours just to have something like this happen is moronic. Need a patch ASAP!