Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Update regarding recent save game issues

Default Update regarding recent save game issues

Thanks for being patient – we’re coming back to you after much overnight work and the good news is that we’ve identified the problem and we can fix it quickly.

Basically, it’s an issue with the mathematical calculations of time-stamps from March 30th – April 2nd, which meant systems didn’t recognise the most recent time-stamp and instead took the previous time-stamp save (re-starting the level). So if you saved your game on March 30th, you may have experienced a disruption yesterday on April 1st and if you saved your game on March 31st, you may have experienced disruption yesterday April 1st and today April 2nd.

After today the calculations are accurate and there should be no other issues. We are working on a patch to ensure this doesn’t happen next year with these March/April calculations.

Also, your saved games should not be corrupted, and after today April 2nd, no one should experience this. Note: it is possible that you may need to restart the chapter you were on, but progress will then be saved as normal.

Obviously we will keep monitoring the forums for any updates from you, we’re reading what’s being posted here and once again we are very sorry for any disruption to your game.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1255523/ <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

What about the sound-bugs? Will we see them fixed any time soon?

Good to hear. I must be the only one who was not affected by this bug, though.

Quote Originally Posted by argan1985 View Post
    Good to hear. I must be the only one who was not affected by this bug, though.
    There were a few very specific parameters needing to be in effect for it to happen. glad to hear you weren't affected tho

Default Thief

My problem didn't fix though, I am still stuck in the client job

Quote Originally Posted by Alireza View Post
    My problem didn't fix though, I am still stuck in the client job
    its from today it should start correcting itself, when was your chapter save from? 30th or 31st?

Quote Originally Posted by jaycw2309 View Post
    Thanks for being patient – we’re coming back to you after much overnight work and the good news is that we’ve identified the problem and we can fix it quickly.

Basically, it’s an issue with the mathematical calculations of time-stamps from March 30th – April 2nd, which meant systems didn’t recognise the most recent time-stamp and instead took the previous time-stamp save (re-starting the level). So if you saved your game on March 30th, you may have experienced a disruption yesterday on April 1st and if you saved your game on March 31st, you may have experienced disruption yesterday April 1st and today April 2nd.

After today the calculations are accurate and there should be no other issues. We are working on a patch to ensure this doesn’t happen next year with these March/April calculations.

Also, your saved games should not be corrupted, and after today April 2nd, no one should experience this. Note: it is possible that you may need to restart the chapter you were on, but progress will then be saved as normal.

Obviously we will keep monitoring the forums for any updates from you, we’re reading what’s being posted here and once again we are very sorry for any disruption to your game.
    My timestamp says 6:03 on the 30th but it is still sending me back to the beginning of chapter 4 so Is that really accurate or is it basically fixed after today regardless?

Default Not fixed

My game save was 3/31/14...I'm still having to start at that game save...it won't progress after I complete the job. I've completed the job 3 times already this morning, getting frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by ladylibrarian View Post
    My game save was 3/31/14...I'm still having to start at that game save...it won't progress after I complete the job. I've completed the job 3 times already this morning, getting frustrated.
    Which country you based in?

Thank you for the quick attention to the problem! Just to be sure,(to save me from going through the House of Blossoms again, although I don't mind the sights..hehe) I should wait until tomorrow, the 3rd to give it another shot?

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyThief View Post
    Thank you for the quick attention to the problem! Just to be sure,(to save me from going through the House of Blossoms again, although I don't mind the sights..hehe) I should wait until tomorrow, the 3rd to give it another shot?
    If you are able to wait til the 3rd thats probably the safest option.. that way shouldnt be within the timeframe at all..

Default Thief

its from today it should start correcting itself, when was your chapter save from? 30th or 31st?
    My game save was from 3/31/14, US
    I will play it tomorrow , see if its fixed

My saves are from 31/3, I have played Chapter 5 5 times now to try out different solutions, but none worked. Then I tried going back to the city and start on a client job, but instead of starting the client job, I was sent back to the start of chapter 5... WTF is going on with this game???

Thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear that it is a fixable issue. My last save was on March 31 and I tried playing three times yesterday (April 1) but I kept getting kicked back to my March 31 save spot. Looking forward to some more sneaking around tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by SgtKokken View Post
    My saves are from 31/3, I have played Chapter 5 5 times now to try out different solutions, but none worked. Then I tried going back to the city and start on a client job, but instead of starting the client job, I was sent back to the start of chapter 5... WTF is going on with this game???
    We explained in the original post. Your saves are from the 31/3 (3/31) so today at some point is earliest your clock will correct the issue.. we cannot tell exactly what time as everyones times will be different. Safest bet is to try on the 3rd April.

when will the patch be available for us steam users?
    i mainly play off line.

2nd post

I have a timestamp from 6pm on the 30th but I am still getting sent back to Chapter 4 so it doesn't appear to be fixed as described?

There were reports of similar behavior at 28 Feb -> 1st March. Are you sure this won't happen at 1st May as well?
    signature image

So it appears that "actual answers" are not to be had.
    That said., I can confirm that changing the date on PS3 (I changed mine to the 8th) will allow you to save but I can also say that when you change the date back to 4/2 it immediately removed the save and started me back at my 3/30 save. This is stupid. I am thinking waiting it out is the best course, even though supposedly according to jaycw### I should be able to save today. NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by makersmark View Post
    So it appears that "actual answers" are not to be had.
    That said., I can confirm that changing the date on PS3 (I changed mine to the 8th) will allow you to save but I can also say that when you change the date back to 4/2 it immediately removed the save and started me back at my 3/30 save. This is stupid. I am thinking waiting it out is the best course, even though supposedly according to jaycw### I should be able to save today. NOT.

he said the 3rd would be the best time to try.......

Hm have never worn a suit in my life..

First of all it is the law if the parent allows the child to play a game it is fine. It's not like I made him play Thief it was a birthday gift. Second I never said I was going to shoot anyone thats silly, but they do all need to be fired.

Eidos is suppose to be the professionals. They left us for three days with no anwsers, they could have got ahead of this and let players know right off the bat they were sorry and working on the problem. Instead they did not even admit there was a problem until almost the entire first page of this message board filled up with this issue. When I am at work if anything happens on my watch I would say it was my fault. I do not go and blame others for my failures. This company is blameing a "so called" unforseen action in a sense that caused the save looping issue. I just believe they have no clue what they are doing.

It has been reported several places that the development team on Thief did have some employee's that either quit or were fired. If Eidos development team for Thief would not have been so busy fighting eachother mabe they could of forseen this issue and prevented it from happening.

Time successfully stopped Stuck in Watchtower Groundhog Day not Eternal Return one Time success

Just wanted to thank you guys for looking into the issue. I'll play tomorrow (april 2nd) to see if it works, hopefully it will because I need to loot more and I'm sick of
    , which is the quest I'm looped on.

Anyways, thank you developers & programmers & everyone because you obv worked hardcore overtime, like you said. Working programming is ~fun~ at times...
    Last edited by Master Taffer; 04-02-2014 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Referenced Deleted Post

@Bioshockisamazing - good luck with trying it tomorrow.. the 3rd

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast