Thread: Expectations

Default Expectations

To be honest I was looking forward to the upcoming HItman... but with the recent release of Thief and it's poor performance I have sadly lost hope for it

when it comes out i will be waiting for the reviews and gameplay footage to make my decision whether or not to buy it

I'm assuming it won't be what we all want it to be - bloodmoney 2

Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    To be honest I was looking forward to the upcoming HItman... but with the recent release of Thief and it's poor performance I have sadly lost hope for it

when it comes out i will be waiting for the reviews and gameplay footage to make my decision whether or not to buy it

I'm assuming it won't be what we all want it to be - bloodmoney 2
    Hitman is made by a different studio...one thing that's good is that Hitman has always belonged to the IO team and the IP did not get shifted around like it did with Thief. I'm sure most of the people that worked on the original Thief weren't on board with this new one.

Between me and you, I hate Eidos Montreal. This new studio (sadly the only Eidos studio) is way to emo and it's rubbing off in their games (just look at DX: HR!!). If IO dissolved then reappeared a couple of years down the line, then I would get worried about the franchise. Right now, they have had it for the last decade and they are the ones that gave us Hitman 2 and BM. If any one can make a good Hitman game, it's this team.

I'll only get worried if I don't like the gameplay video. I think it's in IO's best interest to keep the fans in the know during the entire process. They don't have to tell us everything (I liked some of the surprises in GTA 5 when Rockstar didn't give all of their secrets) but they should show us a short level to show off how they are going back to the roots. I'm afraid if this game doesn't sell well, IO will get shut down.

I want to look forward to it, but after Absolution I can't get my hopes up anymore really.

Hopefully they stick to their word this time and actually make it a true Hitman game like the old ones (open sandbox levels, actual contract killing, no checkpoints, no stupid\obnoxious story, old disguise system etc). If it's Absolution 2.0 I won't be touching it or any future HM titles.
    There's a bullet for everyone.. And a time.. And a place..

Do you remember ABSOLUTION?
    Ok, forget about it and make Blood money 2

Everyone just wants Bloodmoney 2, or a continuation of those games, controls, mechanics, everything. Including me! If they do this they can't go wrong, if they make another absolution with useless disguise system, points/scores everywhere, on screen button prompts, minimap, instincts, bad controls, then no one will buy it after seeing a video..

I was just playing the demo of Thief... suppppeeerrr glad i didn't buy it

really boring, the mechanics feel... wrong

it uses an instinct like button that is geared so that *again* elementary school children can play the game with EASE...

also somehow it has the feeling that you're wearing a hood the whole time... you know that weird feeling you get when your eyes are blocked somehow.. your peripherals just arent there..

kind of a claustrophobic feeling... like when you are walking down the street with an umbrella and you can't see a whole lot because your blocking yourself from the rain

a really uncomfortable feeling...

i think it's because the levels are so scrunched.. its not realistically laid out... very frustrating and discomforting

Absolution had a similar feel... things felt scrunched together... inflexible

also Thief had the same layouts as absolution... you move from one area to the next with scripted linear loading screens that are disguised as "gameplay" when it really is just boring useless "filler"

glad i didn't buy it - sad it's made by the same people as hitman

sorry boys and girls

the evidence is starting to pile on, we will be seeing an Absolution 2 not a bloodmoney 2
    Last edited by mcescher1; 07-12-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    I was just playing the demo of Thief... suppppeeerrr glad i didn't buy it

really boring, the mechanics feel... wrong

it uses an instinct like button that is geared so that *again* elementary school children can play the game with EASE...

also somehow it has the feeling that you're wearing a hood the whole time... you know that weird feeling you get when your eyes are blocked somehow.. youre peripherals just arent there..

kind of a claustrophobic feeling... like when you are walking down the street with an umbrella and you can't see a whole lot because your blocking yourself from the rain

a really uncomfortable feeling...

i think it's because the levels are so scrunched.. its not realistically laid out... very frustrating and discomforting

Absolution had a similar feel... things felt scrunched together... inflexible

also Thief had the same layouts as absolution... you move from one area to the next with scripted linear loading screens that are disguised as "gameplay" when it really is just boring useless "filler"

glad i didn't buy it - sad it's made by the same people as hitman

sorry boys and girls

the evidence is starting to pile on, we will be seeing an Absolution 2 not a bloodmoney 2
    IO Interactive is not the same developer as Eidos Montreal. They are both owned by Square-Enix, but that is it. Granted the publisher has a say in the overall direction of development, but they are still different teams. Every gamer knows Eidos-Montreal is made up of a bunch of former Ubisoft employees (a joke) and I'm not expecting anymore good games from them. They already screwed up Thief and they are going to ruining Deus Ex by making it emo and focusing on non-conspiracy/personal motives.

Absolution felt cramped because (obviously) of the tiny levels and the camera angle that was up 47's butt. Seriously IO, pull the camera back to how it used to be. This isn't Batman or Resident Evil.
    Last edited by Adrian Shephard; 07-12-2014 at 09:34 PM.
    signature image

It's too early for dark thoughts mcescher1.
    I believe in IOI anyway.
    (that's my 47th post )

Yeah, I haven't seen the evidence towards "Absolution 2". The open letter does however point in the direction of "Blood Money 2". It even says they are drawing inspiration from Contracts and Blood Money, which I'm thrilled about.

I have faith. Not in jesus, but in IOI.

I personally, while not as good as other games, enjoyed Theif 4.

Plus, I played it on PS3. I assume it's vastly improved on PC or next gen console.

I enjoyed H:A as well.

Still doesn't mean I don't want the game to return to it's Boodmoney roots. I'm just not going to sit here and cry about it saying I've "lost hope" like a little fangirl.
    >ICARUS FOUND YOU!!!
    >>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

I really don't want blood money 2 but i want some of blood money's features back.and i want a bunch of new ideas in hitman 6.

I really don't know what to expect. I guess I have come to learn not to raise my expectations when it comes to these things. -"Don't buy into the hype"-. Anyway I too wouldn't want a Blood Money 2, that's not really what I'm looking for. In a way I'm not really sure what I'm looking for, and in that sense the devs can't really win - can they?.

I get how hard it is to please the masses, maintaining a good profitable investment and not screw up financially losing future support. I get it's a crappy position to be in, having the fans demanding stuff and likewise publishers. That said there are crucial steps to take in terms of design that would keep me interested.

Large open sandbox levels.
    Segmented Levels somewhat independent of each other.
    Varied locations.
    A target/targets in every level.
    Story should be presented as mission briefings with perhaps introductory cutscenes.

When it comes down to it, if these above mentioned criteria can be met. I would be mildly interested.