Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Thief > Thief General Discussion > Thief Technical Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 01:45 PM
Developer Representative
Eidos Official

Exclamation Patch for Thief, v1.1 build 4110.1

Hello everyone,

We have just made public a new version of the PC version of Thief, v1.1 build 4110.1. This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.
This patch will address the following issues

- Fix for a crash after loading a new game or benchmark, often seen on Intel GPU hardware.
- Fix for DOF issue when peeking through keyholes.
- Fix for stereoscopic 3D inconsistencies in option menus. Forces VSync to be ON and Triple Buffering to be OFF.
- Fix for a bug where Invert mouse X/Y would not be saved.
- Minor UI improvements.
- Optimized memory usage.

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we made a Beta available on Steam, v1.0 build 4107.3, that can be used to switch back to the previous version

Step 1: Go to your STEAM library and select Thief in your game list
Step 2: right-click on the game and go to properties
Step 3: go to the Betas tab in the properties menu
Step 4: select version 1.0 and press ok.

This will set you back to the original released version of the game.
We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!

Last edited by Nixxes; 02-27-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Gamer

Thank you for the update! Looking forward to further support. You guys rock!
Old 02-27-2014, 03:06 PM
New Player

I appreciate your quick attention to these issues, but I would like to bring to your attention the many users who cannot even load the game at all. After clicking play, the screen goes blank and stays that way until the program closes. No amount of updating/rolling back drivers, changing page file settings, certainly verifying the game cache has worked. Out of almost 200 Steam games, this is the first time this has happened.

While I may be selfish, I think that an issue that makes your game completely inaccessible ought to be the highest priority.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:13 PM
New Player

The patch was nice but the game still would exit right after the load is finish. It just gives a small glimpse of the cutscence

Last edited by wokingpanda; 02-27-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:18 PM
Gamer

Devs: Heard the game sucks too much VRAM, lower the vram usage, and some stutters can go away.

Also, the devs from bioshock infinite had stutters with their game too, and they managed to fix them. So its fixable.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:22 PM
New Player

So EIDOS still isn't addressing the multitude of SOUND ISSUES for both PCs and consoles?

Wow. Literally the first page of this forum had half a dozen SOUND ISSUE complaints on the first day.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:32 PM
New Player

Where's the console patch? Right now console users are having loads of problems as well and some people can't even play the game due to bugs.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:09 PM

please you can make something about the low FPS
Old 02-27-2014, 07:29 PM
New Player

It seems this patch is caused a drop in performance along with a significant increase in stuttering for a lot of people, though the memory usage is very much improved. My average fps only dropped by 2 in the benchmark but I am getting a lot more stuttering and others are more greatly affected.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:33 PM
New Player

This new patch broke SSAA for me. When SSAA is set to low or high it seems to conflict with Ambient Occlusion, creating a washed out effect in the shadowed areas. Turning SSAA off solves it.

To confirm this, I rolled back to the original version of the game on Steam, and this issue wasn't present.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:17 PM
New Player

Default Well, Crap

At the very beginning, following Erin, and I can't jump the gap. Nothing lets me. The training mission. Wow.

I have no sound, stutter, graphics or any other issues. *NVidia 660* helps.

I just can't play the damn game.

Oh, and you instructions for rolling back the game after the patch - useless. I right click Thief and go to properties and beta, only to be told there aren't any and I need a code to unlock personal betas...?

Last edited by hyperzzzz; 02-27-2014 at 08:19 PM. Reason: unfinished
Old 02-27-2014, 08:39 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzzzz View Post
At the very beginning, following Erin, and I can't jump the gap. Nothing lets me. The training mission. Wow.

Oh, and you instructions for rolling back the game after the patch - useless. I right click Thief and go to properties and beta, only to be told there aren't any and I need a code to unlock personal betas...?
In the Betas tab, there should be a drop down menu directly below the "Select the beta you would like to opt into:" line. Select "version_1.0 -"

It should then start downloading the roll back patch.

Hope you get it working
Old 02-27-2014, 09:32 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Is that the plank with three parts, of which the middle one is a bit longer and you happen to try to jump from there? I know I couldn't and manage to jump the gap from the LEFT part of the plank, which is considerebly shorter. WTF.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:21 PM
New Player

Quote:

You have to jump it while running. It won't let you jump in walk mode. Hope this helps.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednaught View Post
I appreciate your quick attention to these issues, but I would like to bring to your attention the many users who cannot even load the game at all. After clicking play, the screen goes blank and stays that way until the program closes. No amount of updating/rolling back drivers, changing page file settings, certainly verifying the game cache has worked. Out of almost 200 Steam games, this is the first time this has happened.

While I may be selfish, I think that an issue that makes your game completely inaccessible ought to be the highest priority.
TOTALY AGREE ... guys i cant even start the game ... really ... im formo europe .. was waiting for hte game the all week while everyone was plaing it in other continents and in the end the game dosent even start ... LOL ... massive bad start eidos REALLY .. pls stop going wome sleaping and just work until you finish with all majar bugs ... redbull time guys for real
Old 02-28-2014, 04:13 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbulan View Post
It seems this patch is caused a drop in performance along with a significant increase in stuttering for a lot of people, though the memory usage is very much improved. My average fps only dropped by 2 in the benchmark but I am getting a lot more stuttering and others are more greatly affected.
Same for me as soon as the save is loaded the character (Garrett) is getting sluggish

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 45 C
Deneb 45nm Technology
RAM
12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 (AM3) 31 C
Graphics
BenQ V2400Eco (1920x1080@60Hz)
Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1280x1024@60Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series (XFX Pine Group) 69 C
Storage
111GB Seagate ST3120026AS ATA Device (SATA) 40 C
149GB Seagate ST3160815AS ATA Device (SATA) 34 C
279GB Maxtor 6V300F0 ATA Device (SATA) 32 C
931GB Western Digital WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ATA Device (SATA) 40 C
2794GB Seagate ST3000DM001-1CH166 ATA Device (SATA) 31 C
14GB Kingston DT 101 G2 USB Device (USB)
3GB Dataram, Inc. RAMDiskVE (RAM Disk)
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Old 02-28-2014, 02:32 PM
New Player

I'd just liked to say, I'm having no real big issues, even when NOT using the AMD beta drivers. There is occasional frame drop in certain areas of the Stonemarket district, hard to pinpoint it as I don't know the layout that well yet (1 hour of playing pretty much), apart from the fact its an alley with two civilian AI wandering back and forth on it.

i5 2500k 4.4Ghz
R9 290 (stock)
GA-Z77X-UD3H
Sitting on a SSD
Using 13.12 Drivers (I prefer stable ones)
Old 02-28-2014, 02:55 PM
New Player

Default Fixed

Yep, no more problems, everything's running fine @ the best quality

I think they (the devs) sent a micro-patch through Steam, 'cause I cannot explain the sudden repair

Anyhow, I'm happy to return hiding
Old 02-28-2014, 03:50 PM
New Player

Exclamation

HELLO? DONT YOU THINK IT WILL DAMN WELL HELP IF YOU PUT THE SIZE OF THE DAMN PATCH AS WELL IN? OMFG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxes View Post
Hello everyone,

We have just made public a new version of the PC version of Thief, v1.1 build 4110.1. This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.
This patch will address the following issues

- Fix for a crash after loading a new game or benchmark, often seen on Intel GPU hardware.
- Fix for DOF issue when peeking through keyholes.
- Fix for stereoscopic 3D inconsistencies in option menus. Forces VSync to be ON and Triple Buffering to be OFF.
- Fix for a bug where Invert mouse X/Y would not be saved.
- Minor UI improvements.
- Optimized memory usage.

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we made a Beta available on Steam, v1.0 build 4107.3, that can be used to switch back to the previous version

Step 1: Go to your STEAM library and select Thief in your game list
Step 2: right-click on the game and go to properties
Step 3: go to the Betas tab in the properties menu
Step 4: select version 1.0 and press ok.

This will set you back to the original released version of the game.
We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!
Old 02-28-2014, 03:51 PM
New Player

Does anyone get the same problem on XBOX ONE with the game in a loop as you try to go to chapter 2??
Old 02-28-2014, 03:54 PM
New Player

I am seriously taking this game back today.. I need a damn answer
this is my thread that still not even a mod has replied to :@

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...81#post1990581

please help.. IS THERE ANY BODY OUT THERE?
Old 02-28-2014, 03:55 PM
New Player

meh I don't care.. im getting a refund screw it
Old 02-28-2014, 04:06 PM
New Player

This fixed most of the crashing for me but i still get it occasionally, as well as an odd object tearing where things mainly npcs stetch all over the place and ssao causes a washed out effect alot of the time, as well as stuttering problems in some places
Closed Thread