Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HITMAN 6 WISHLIST

Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    i disagree,

customization of weapons is very important, and the story should be written with delicate hands - without a good to great story the game becomes dulled - it's not completely necessary but the gameplay had better be epic
    I think that every single weapon doesn't need to be customized. In BM you could customize the main weapons; I think it would suffice in H6 as well. It does bring a fun element to the game, but shouldn't be concentrated on too much in my opinion.

And same goes with the story. In most games yes, the story is an important factor that carries the game forward, but in Hitman why do you need a story? Storyline in previous games hasn't really been that great and I understand it as it isn't the main point of the game. In SA you had to run errands all over the world to make the agency find vittorio. Contracts is flashbacks and in BM some dickwad is digging around old unsolvable murders. That is really all the storyline I need.

--

Agree with SancLunatic on everything.

I for one wouldn't care visiting old locations, I want to see something new!

The story in Absolution was actually really good. Another thing that I liked about Absolution. How the plot unravelled up to the end blew my mind.

the story in absolution was poor

The thing I hope they not only bring back but add more of is being able to hide/disguise weapons. The W2000 suitcase needs to come back. I forgot which game and level it was on. I think it was in that hotel in Contracts. But one of the most badass moments was hiding that shotgun inside a giftbox full of roses, going up to my target and unloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent47ICA View Post
    Why not every weapon should be customizable? If you don't want to do something doesn't mean that it shouldn't be in the game .. You could just customize those main weapons (not others ) and play the game .. Limitations in a game makes it worse ... Absolution was full of limitations .. The game should have soo much features... Enough to satisfy every single fan ..

I would really like to use every single weapon (customized) and replay the missions again and again.
    Every single fan is never going to be satisfied. People disagree about stuff and well, that's it. I'm sure IOI can satisfy the most of us, after they saw the criticism Absolution got. And I agree, Absolution was very limited, at least when it came to level design. That's being fixed and we know it.

However to make the game somewhat rational sized and not too heavy for ps4 and xOne to handle, some things are going to have to be compromized. You can't model the whole world to GTA because it just gets too big, for both the hardware running the game and the gamemakers to make. That is a really rough example, but I think it makes my point clear. If the game includes, say, 50 weapons and every single one of them is uniqually customizable, it's (in my opinion) a futile way of spending not only memory, but also time and resources. That time and money could be used to something more important, like level design and improving AI.

All the "extra fun" is welcome and even desirable, as long as it doesn't come at the expense of the more important aspects of the game. I'm hoping all the "cool little features" don't become the center of attention. That's all I meant by saying customizing isn't needed.

Oh one other thing I hope they bring back from absolution is auto throwing melee weapons. I think that was the one satisfying type of kill in Absolution was hurling combat knives or screwdrivers at people. Especially in the cornfield. lol

It may have been said but I want Agent Smith back !

Ah yes, Agent Smith...almost forgot about him. He has been in every Hitman but Absolution.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyBide View Post
    It may have been said but I want Agent Smith back !
    Oh yes... 47's hated "friend" . I miss him too in Abso.

So many Blood Money fan-boys/girls are so desperate for Blood Money 2. Here are my thoughts:

- Keep instinct, it's a life-saver. The stealth system works absolutely fine (contrary to many BM die-hards crying otherwise, since you can always sneak through it suit only...or just stay out of sight completely)
    - Jesper Kyd as composer - his absense from Absolution was my biggest criticism
    - A gripping story-line. Blood Money was a bit dull. Absolution's was pretty good, and so was Hitman 2. I'm sure we'd like to know what's going on with Birdie, as well as Mr. X from H2's...
    - Keep challenges and point system for extra replay value - I love having a crack at them
    - Add a map to ponder at every now and again, alongside instinct mode
    - Upgrading guns like in Blood Money
    - Keep away AT ALL COSTS the evidence bar from Blood Money. Getting 10% notoriety and having your cover blown abrupty from a single guard is just not fun, and neither is being forced to cause ALL accidents just to score a Silent Assassin rating
    - Level remakes, one or two of the most iconic levels from the previous games

Quote Originally Posted by TheCyberDen View Post
    So many Blood Money fan-boys/girls are so desperate for Blood Money 2. Here are my thoughts:

- Keep instinct, it's a life-saver. The stealth system works absolutely fine (contrary to many BM die-hards crying otherwise, since you can always sneak through it suit only...or just stay out of sight completely)
    - Jesper Kyd as composer - his absense from Absolution was my biggest criticism
    - A gripping story-line. Blood Money was a bit dull. Absolution's was pretty good, and so was Hitman 2. I'm sure we'd like to know what's going on with Birdie, as well as Mr. X from H2's...
    - Keep challenges and point system for extra replay value - I love having a crack at them
    - Add a map to ponder at every now and again, alongside instinct mode
    - Upgrading guns like in Blood Money
    - Keep away AT ALL COSTS the evidence bar from Blood Money. Getting 10% notoriety and having your cover blown abrupty from a single guard is just not fun, and neither is being forced to cause ALL accidents just to score a Silent Assassin rating
    - Level remakes, one or two of the most iconic levels from the previous games

"People who disagree with me are crying fanboys and my point of view is the only one that makes sense"

What's up with people wanting remakes of old levels? The most iconic levels (Traditions of the Trade, Lee Hong Assassination, Beldingford Manor...) all have a safe place in the depths of my heart and memory. They were all done near perfectly - some of them even twice - so why bother again? I know that getting what you already know you would like is a safe bet, but I'd rather get something that is fresh and done with the pattern the great levels were.

Opposed to the "Blood Money 2" thing, I'd actually rather want a mixture of SA/Contracts/Blood Money. They all had their pros and cons, but they still are the strongest and most defining titles in the series in my opinion. Those are the titles why I play Hitman so it's only logical for me to want the next title be more like them. The open letter says that they are "drawing inspiration from past titles like Contracts and Blood Money", which pleases me. After these words I expect to get only quality.

Three points that I disagree with:

Quote Originally Posted by TheCyberDen View Post
    - Keep instinct, it's a life-saver.
    Instinct is a life-saver in Absolution because of the horrible disguise system. You can't play the game without using Instinct unless you are playing in the shadows.

The stealth system works absolutely fine (contrary to many BM die-hards crying otherwise, since you can always sneak through it suit only...or just stay out of sight completely)
    The stealth system works? I don't think so unless you are playing the game on easy. When there is cover based stealth in the game, the expectation usually is that the player will use it. As such, the AI is geared toward it and playing without cover becomes a big pain. Being forced to play the game in the shadows/not being seen is exactly what's wrong with the game...it's not a solution, it's the problem. You don't have to be a BM crybaby to see this, you just have to have an appreciation for the older games. Name calling the vast majority of Hitman fans isn't going to earn you any friends, and worse, makes other forum members not even want to read the rest of your post.

That point system ruined the experience of Absolution because it reminded you that you should have played the game like Splinter Cell. Not only are you punished for wearing disguises, you are punished for getting them too. The point system belong in Contracts mode, not in the single-player.

As Aybroe mentioned above, I too would be disappointed with a Blood Money 2. That game has great gameplay (minus the disguises) that H6 should have. But SA/Contracts were much better in other aspects and I wish to see IO take ideas from all 3.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Aybroe View Post
    What's up with people wanting remakes of old levels? The most iconic levels (Traditions of the Trade, Lee Hong Assassination, Beldingford Manor...) all have a safe place in the depths of my heart and memory. They were all done near perfectly - some of them even twice - so why bother again? I know that getting what you already know you would like is a safe bet, but I'd rather get something that is fresh and done with the pattern the great levels were.

Opposed to the "Blood Money 2" thing, I'd actually rather want a mixture of SA/Contracts/Blood Money. They all had their pros and cons, but they still are the strongest and most defining titles in the series in my opinion. Those are the titles why I play Hitman so it's only logical for me to want the next title be more like them. The open letter says that they are "drawing inspiration from past titles like Contracts and Blood Money", which pleases me. After these words I expect to get only quality.
    Seconded. Honestly, why not fix some of the more broken levels? The Columbia missions from C47, while I haven't played them, seem to get a lot of flak from everyone. Remake one of them, or merge them into a single, massive sandbox. Same for Hidden Valley and At the Gates; merge them into a single sandbox, fix the AI, and throw in a target. I don't think any of the Contracts or BM levels really need remakes; Absolution, on the other hand, could do with many improvements. Combine Shaving Lenny's checkpoints, or Blackwater Park's, or Attack of the Saints, and you'll have something impressive on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by gkkiller View Post
    Honestly, why not fix some of the more broken levels? The Columbia missions from C47
    I was right about to edit my post saying this. Everyone gives crap to these missions but me (it's probably because of the nostalgia and the awesome jungle theme). The missions, especially Say Hello to My Little Friend, need a remake badly...Every mission from the original got one but these

It was so fun going into the Scarface-like rundown mansion and picking the guards off one-by-one. Those missions are better if you just play guns blazing. They are too barren to be of challenge, really.
    Last edited by Adrian Shephard; 08-03-2014 at 07:43 AM.
    signature image

Blood Money V2 Pleaaaaase! Just make Blood Money version 2, all you need to bring back the joy of good old assassinations.

EDIT: Also an idea I had was to include dialogue. For example if someone was starting to suspect you, they could come up and talk to you (not always, just when logically possible) and you could keep a dialogue to remain in your cover? And to help the player you could say a little about the cover in the briefing?

EDIT 2: Also, implementing these things would make me happy:

• Limit on how many weapons you can have on you.
    • Like mentioned, dialogue to stay in cover, or maybe learn things about the target(s) that the agency missed.
    • Lockpicking, as mentioned. Same reason as agent047.
    • Please get rid of instinct. I really hated that. I know Agent 47 is an amazing assassin but it is so much cooler when he has skills that a normal human can learn... so no seeing people through the wall, please!
    • Footsteps (instead of the instinct)so if a place is dusty, it would be nice to see footsteps in the dust, instead of using instinct.
    • Turn on/off lights, close doors, close windows, and etc.
    • Less trash bin! Perhaps change the amount of trash bins in a level with the difficulty. Professional > 2 trash bins in the map.
    • Big maps instead of linear splitted maps! For the love of god try to make bigger maps like in Blood Money, instead of the Linear splitted maps in Absolution. Maybe make it more sandboxish rather than linear, story driven.
    • Newspaper! I had so much fun just reading about my guys work in the papers.
    • Do I have to mention the disguise system and instinict?
    • Keep the contract making, but give us more liberty! More room to write a briefing for the mission.
    • Blood Money style weapon selection (but limited weapons one can carry).
    • More optional objectives!
    • No storyline/cutscenes at bosses! For the love of god, please keep the storytelling and CGI to a minimum... Nothing is more annoying than having a cutscene kill the target for you... or just don't include a story at all or keep it at down low.
    • Less emotions! Agent 47 was getting soft...
    • Coop? I am not totally sure about this one, but I was thinking in the lines of having two assassins work together to eliminate the target(s). It doesn't have to be 47, just two other assassins from the agency.
    • Dynamic missions! I know the AI can react in different ways, but it seemed like they didn't. Also the NPC's always had 2-3 locations that they visited and that was about it.
    • More maps as DLC or w.e. No reason not to add more maps as DLC's maybe something that wasn't seen in the main story.
    • Redefine the maps from the previous hitman games and release them as DLC's?
    • No health regeneration! Please get away from this toxic habit of having health regen... it is annoying and we are not playing call of duty, it is an assassination game.
    • Use keyholes to see into room and not instinct.
    • Got mixed feelings about the combat. Also the combat was always the same animation.
    • Again no story line please. I feel like having a story line restricts one to be creative and then you are forced to make boring splitted up levels (Absolution).

This was the list I had. I know I have a lot of hate for Absolution but I was slightly disappointed by it Don't get me wrong, the game seems ok for someone who hasen't played the other Hitman games, but sure a let down for someone who just wanted contracts and to be able to do them.
    Last edited by Spiderix; 08-03-2014 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderix View Post
    Just make Blood Money version 2, all you need to bring back the joy of good old assassinations.
    Which are present in C:47, H2, and Contracts.

I cringe when someone says Blood Money 2. Makes me think that IO will literally copy everything from BM into H6 and say "look we listened to fans". BM introduced a lot of people to the series and was easier to get into than the previous titles...because it was just that: easy. Then some people maybe dabble in the older games but find out it doesn't have the same accessibility as BM...so they vote for a BM 2. Not saying that you are like one of those people, but I know some members on other forums who are like that. I hope IO adds in an additional question for playtesters asking what Hitman game they played first and if they completely finished the other games.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Itsrob View Post
    In addition to open, checkpoint free, non-liner sandbox levels...

1. David Bateson (47), Jesper Kyd (Music\Soundtrack), and Vivienne McKee (Diana) return to the series.

2. Old Disguise system, not one where you need to tab instinct every 2 seconds to stay undetected.

3. An actual good, non cheesy story. Or at least one that isn't obtrusive and dictates level design like in Absolution. And villains who are actual threats, not idiots out of a comic book.

4. Point system replaced with the old money system, and the ability to purchase new customizable weapons and other useful items with that money. And don't have the money\point counter on your screen during gameplay, show it at the end of the mission.

5. The ability to close doors, drop items, look through keyholes, etc.

6. Professional environments and AI. Not overly obnoxious like some levels and AI were in Absolution. It's fine for an easter egg here and there, but the levels and dialogue was overdone and made the game feel more like a comedic one instead of a serious one.

7. Return of the live aerial map instead of instinct.

8. Non-trashy environments. It seemed like every single level in Absolution was run down\trashed, with garbage all over the floors and decaying buildings.

9. Actual melee combat instead of button mashing.

10. Remove the annoying sounds\animations from the "detection arrows" and the shhhhh...BING that happened if you were detected. A simple detection meter like in the previous games would work fine without the annoying and distracting system of Absolution.

I agreed with the above user. The Game should be like Hitman Blood Money.
    Much of other features should be added but not as completely equal to Hitman Absolution.

Thanks

[*] Less emotions! Agent 47 was getting soft...
    I agree 47 did seem unprofessional at times in Absolution
    but what you said in the spoiler... WHAT??! You just can't

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard
    I was right about to edit my post saying this. Everyone gives crap to these missions but me (it's probably because of the nostalgia and the awesome jungle theme). The missions, especially Say Hello to My Little Friend, need a remake badly...Every mission from the original got one but these

It was so fun going into the Scarface-like rundown mansion and picking the guards off one-by-one. Those missions are better if you just play guns blazing. They are too barren to be of challenge, really.
    In my opinion the jungle levels were a major pain in the ass excluding SHTMLF. And so were Hidden Valley and At the Gates in SA. I wouldn't want to play those two levels, Jungle God or U'wa even if they were remade with working AI. They're just too big and empty. I'd prefer the game not to ride on nostalgy value but with it's awesome, new, memorable levels and gameplay. That said, IF there would be remake(s), I wouldn't mind seeing Say Hello To My Little Friend redone. As you pointed out the jungle theme is indeed catchy (and nostalgic) and the level itself is good.
    Last edited by Aybroe; 08-03-2014 at 08:44 AM.

They're just too big and empty.
    Presumably IO would fix this by adding more guards/tribal villages. The location really got to me since it is a radical change from any other level we had in Hitman. Also dat theme...just put it in the remade level unedited. Sooooo good.

Aren't these the only missions where 47 doesn't start off in his suit?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    Aren't these the only missions where 47 doesn't start off in his suit?
    Well, in Codename 47 I think they are. In SA he starts with the white jacket in Hidden Valley and in Murder at the Bazaar he has that turban with respective clothes.

Well, in Codename 47 I think they are. In SA he starts with the white jacket in Hidden Valley and in Murder at the Bazaar he has that turban with respective clothes.
    Ah how could I forget turban one!?

As with the Japanese missions?...yeah those never happened.
    signature image

[*] Less emotions! Agent 47 was getting soft...
    My answer:
    I agree with all your other points, except this one.
    Last edited by kewlak; 08-03-2014 at 10:37 AM.

kewlak got it right
    signature image

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast