Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 109 of 109

Thread: Where would you like Lara to visit next?

  1. #101

    Default

    She need to visit pakistan time for some thing new

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rhode Island, USA
    Posts
    496

    Default

    I would like at least one snow environment. I like it when snow is falling too. I didn't like in TRU where you were at valhalla (sorry for misspelling and I can't remember the level). I want deep snow, maybe some wind and ice, etc.

    Maybe a forest environment but different from the ones we experienced in TR13.

    Maybe we can visit Scotland.
    signature image

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,227

    Default

    Alright, here's a piece of history for you people, one that could potentially be the inspiration for a Tomb Raider adventure: it's the story of Kolchak’s Gold.

    From 1918 to 1920 there was a revolution in Russia: the Bolsheviks under Lenin revolted against the regime of tsar Nicholas the Second. After the tsar was shot the remaining royalist forces were led by admiral Alexander Kolchak, who organized the resistance against the communists from Siberia. To do that, he had the imperial treasury moved from St. Petersburg all the way to the other side of Russia to keep it out of the hands of the communists.

    About two-thirds of the gold did reach the admiral, were it was later captured by the communists, but the other third never showed up. According to the internet, that's 1600 tons of gold, worth anything between 3 and 50 billion pounds. Nobody really knows were it is; nobody really knows what happened to it... though there's plenty of theories of course. The best one says that the gold was transported by trains over Lake Baikal - in the winter when the ice is frozen the Russians just builded railways over the ice and removed them again in the spring - were the train had an accident - or was it and accident? - and when the ice started to thaw the train, and the railway, and the gold sank into the lake.

    If that were the case recovering it could be a challenge, seeing how the lake is more than a kilometer deep: it would be like a deep sea exploration. But I guess it would be no problem for a seasoned adventurer with a penchant for grave robbing, would it?

    Oh, special request Crystal Dynamics: if you're gonna make Lake Baikal, don't forget to animate some of those cutesy Baikal seals

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    Alright, here's a piece of history for you people, one that could potentially be the inspiration for a Tomb Raider adventure: it's the story of Kolchak’s Gold.

    From 1918 to 1920 there was a revolution in Russia: the Bolsheviks under Lenin revolted against the regime of tsar Nicholas the Second. After the tsar was shot the remaining royalist forces were led by admiral Alexander Kolchak, who organized the resistance against the communists from Siberia. To do that, he had the imperial treasury moved from St. Petersburg all the way to the other side of Russia to keep it out of the hands of the communists.

    About two-thirds of the gold did reach the admiral, were it was later captured by the communists, but the other third never showed up. According to the internet, that's 1600 tons of gold, worth anything between 3 and 50 billion pounds. Nobody really knows were it is; nobody really knows what happened to it... though there's plenty of theories of course. The best one says that the gold was transported by trains over Lake Baikal - in the winter when the ice is frozen the Russians just builded railways over the ice and removed them again in the spring - were the train had an accident - or was it and accident? - and when the ice started to thaw the train, and the railway, and the gold sank into the lake.

    If that were the case recovering it could be a challenge, seeing how the lake is more than a kilometer deep: it would be like a deep sea exploration. But I guess it would be no problem for a seasoned adventurer with a penchant for grave robbing, would it?

    Oh, special request Crystal Dynamics: if you're gonna make Lake Baikal, don't forget to animate some of those cutesy Baikal seals
    oh, history

    sounds alright actually. but i see it more as a treasure hunt then tomb raiding. but as a little side adventure it would do nice. if i think of it, she could do that and return it to the rightful owner and gets rewarded and gets support in what ever required. either nice goods, escort or to guard a place that lara can undisturbed raid a tomb and solve its mystery and puzzles.
    signature image

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    oh, history

    sounds alright actually. but i see it more as a treasure hunt then tomb raiding. but as a little side adventure it would do nice. if i think of it, she could do that and return it to the rightful owner
    What, like Anastasia?

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    What, like Anastasia?
    lol. something like that
    but you know what i mean. at least return it to the next of kin or something that rewards her. ingame i mean. doesnt have to be that political correct.
    signature image

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,227

    Default

    Well if she is getting generous, let her at least use the 1600 tons of gold to safe a coral reef or something...

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    Well if she is getting generous, let her at least use the 1600 tons of gold to safe a coral reef or something...
    im sure lara will think of something.
    signature image

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I didn't read through all the responses so forgive me if this has been said. Doubtful as it is though. I would love to see Lara travel to North Carolina. Reason being, the myth/story surrounding the Lost Colony of Roanoke is quite interesting to a degree. I've done a reasonable amount of research on the myth and there's plenty of routes to take in how CD would tell Laras' journey discovering and finding the truth.

    I'd also like to see something in London around Laras home. Not just inside the mansion but around the city. It would be nice to explore where she is familiar with. I also would like to because of how the comics depict her home.
    signature image

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •