Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where would you like Lara to visit next?

Do some underwater levels again.

^ Great idea! I promise I won't complain about inaccuracies in her diving suit, if there are any

Quote Originally Posted by jonainpdx View Post
    But that's more of a gameplay wish than a location suggestion, heh.

Tell us where would you like Lara to swim

Jungle type of settings like in TR3 (good excuse to put Lara in a bikini )? Freezing water in Syberia, using a wetsuit? Or in a smelly London sewer? lol

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    Only if the pond in question is the Gulf of Mexico as she has been to South-America numerous times
    Yes, right. Peru and all...can't believe I forgot about that
    Mexico would be a good location though now that you mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonainpdx View Post
    Yes! Lara should go cave diving in the Yucatán or Australia. Wouldn't that be something? I love seeing sunlight and water effects.
    Just imagine dappled lighting and sunbeams through water. And it'd be a great way to re-introduce the swan dive...
    signature image

Lara could find an ancient temple or something, within it could be a portal device--like Prince of Persia: Warrior Within--going through the portal would teleport her to a different place in time and space.

Discovering when and where you are would be a part of the game. And I would like the ability to use the portal any time, so you can take clues from the present, into the past/future, and vice versa, to change the outcome of whatever the current problem is.

The modern part of the game could be broken up into smaller missions segments, while through the portal could be a massive open world sandbox that you slowly explore.

Locations could be...
    A dystopic Scandinavia, with Norse Mythology, like Valkyries and dragons.
    An ancient China at war, with Kung Fu masters, monks, shrines, and all that other Jade Empire jazz... though, TR9 did Asia, so maybe not.
    A lost Kingdom in central Europe, could take cues from Lordran (from Dark Souls).

Jerusalem
    Greece
    Easter Island
    Scotland
    and just for the heck of it Canada

edit: was browsing around and saw this, http://www.ancient-origins.net/ancie...-scroll-001457
    would be a cool thing for Lara to look for.
    Last edited by Wh1t3Kn1te; 03-20-2014 at 05:55 PM.

I like what they did in Last Revelation where she stayed in one country for the whole thing because it was the only time we got to explore the culture in a big way and it didn't feel like we were just jumping from little representations of an ancient culture to the next.

But since she spent the entire of the last game on Yamatai she should probably do some globe-hopping. Egypt's always good, and I actually enjoy the urban levels, like Thames Wrath in TR3.

my wife wanted me to post her thoughts

she would like to see Lara go to the himalayan mountains and stumbles upon shangri la. she notices the people that live there don't age so she tries looking for the secret of their youth (artifact?).

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1t3Kn1te View Post

she would like to see Lara go to the himalayan mountains and stumbles upon shangri la. she notices the people that live there don't age so she tries looking for the secret of their youth (artifact?).
    That sounds interesting! I like it.

Silicon Valley to find a forbidden video card in the catacombs beneath nVidia... Okay, just kidding. She would get stuck in traffic like the rest of us here and that would be boring.
    Real Suggestions:
    Eldorado, the city of gold
    Seven Cities of Cibola.
    Petra the city carved into mountain faces in Jordan
    Pompeii and Herculaneum

Smile

A cool idea! I hope we get to find a way to kill them like their vampires maybe hence the name Shangri La. Their not normal vampires, but golden vampires, that would be a very exciting adventure. Such an exotic location and people. Id also like to visit tibetan temples and battle more monks and statues.

Send her to Washington DC to take on Congress and figure out the mystery of Obama Care.

Quote Originally Posted by slee2099 View Post
    Send her to Washington DC to take on Congress and figure out the mystery of Obama Care.
    she doesnt want to get grey hair before her 25th birthday

she doesnt want to get grey hair before her 25th birthday
    she would rather shoot her way through instead listening to some boring debates.
    signature image

I've had a fascination with the lost Roanoke Colony for years (even read books about it), so I was really excited to see the ending of TR9 pointing in that direction - of course, there's physically very little tangible evidence of the settlement remaining today, so I'm intrigued at how they will get Lara to investigate that aspect.

Maybe have her go to the Oak Island Money Pit? That would be pretty cool, say some nefarious types have taken over the island to recover the "Star Phenomenon" and she has to thwart them...

so after i posted my wife and I's thoughts i have been thinking about it some more and there are just so many fascinating places to visit with such mysterious history.

there are the nazca lines in south america
    the numerous pyramids of great size all over the earth
    the bermuda triangle
    the different stonehenges around the world
    the paracas skulls of peru

there are so many interesting places and mysteries to explore. its gonna be hard for the devs to choose one that is not well known and hard to research online just to keep from spoiling the mystery.

Talking Where do you want Lara to travel in RotTR?

How about Turkey?

(click image to enlarge)
    Or Timbuktu??

(click image to enlarge)
    Or even Colombia??

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by CroftManiac; 08-25-2014 at 10:40 PM.
    "Death by irony is always painful...amateurs" ~ Lara Croft 2006

I've been waiting to share this list for awhile! I know a lot of these are places Lara's already been, but I'd like to see them again.

London
    Cambodia
    Paris
    United States
    Antarctica
    Australia
    Istanbul
    Germany
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

Or Krishna Temple in India??

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    I've been waiting to share this list for awhile! I know a lot of these are places Lara's already been, but I'd like to see them again.

London
    Cambodia
    Paris
    United States
    Antarctica
    Australia
    Istanbul
    Germany
    Antartica and Istanbul look preety nice actually! How about Saudi Arabia?

(click image to enlarge)

Or the Konark Sun Temple??

(click image to enlarge)

Hmmm.. How about somewhere where's snow.. Haha. That Konark Sun Temple looks amazing ^^

Quote Originally Posted by CroftManiac View Post
    Ok , so I don't know if such thread exists , but here it is
    Yup, it does

*threads merged*

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by slee2099 View Post
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

Would love Lara to visit some archaeological dig sites in Saudi Arabia or Iraq and swim in the great Barrier Reef in Australia. Maybe hop by northern Canada to see some Belugas?
    I really hope there's globe trotting in the next game, the island got real boring real fast for me :\ (despite all the artifacts and altered environments)
    ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

She should visit the Citadel and have a collaboration with fellow archaeologist, Liara.
    signature image

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast