Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crime scene cleanup?

Smile Crime scene cleanup?

I thought it would be interesting to have a way for Agent 47 to cleanup crime scenes or blood. There are 2 popular games on steam about cleaning up things like Viscera cleanup detail shadow warrior and santas workshop. It could be a fun technique to leave no traces behind if things get messy. This shouldnt be required but would be fun to see in the game I think. People seem to like the idea of cleaning things up in games, in Hitman it seems to really fit so noone knows he was even there.

Maybe instead of a sniper rifle for example Agent 47 could opt to bring a mop for example.

I was thinking about when you shoot or stab people, the blood that gets left behind, how it should alert suspicion but at the same time able to be countered. Cleaning up the mess shouldn't necessarily involve 47 getting down on all foors and wiping everything thing down. It could be something as simple as an item found in the level that when used, magically erases all the blood from the floor and walls after a kill. Although, including a mop w/bucket that you have to push around and aim with the right stick to go over all the blood would add a quirky sense of realism, especially in levels with janitor closets.
    Last edited by S3R6i0; 02-07-2014 at 07:48 AM.

What you dont seem to think about is that for every one of these periferal things they add in the game, the less time they have to actually focus on what is important. They found the formula in BM, no need to spend a whole lot of time on things that really doesnt add much. And if you've played Sniper Challenge, you know the agency has cleaners that help to clean things up if needed. Once again, he's Hitman, not a cleaner or James Bond.

Bloodtrails should be in the game, and should impact gameplay and putting in some small way to clean up those bloodtrails could be beneficial, but still, it's not necessary. Having the ability to ADD things is something else. Adding a fingerprint from someone to the murder weapon to let him take the fall for example. That's more of an interesting idea that could be more directly used in hits.

My position has nothing to do with being a "cleaner", rather giving 47 an option to avoid arousing suspicion so he can complete his mission in that unfortunate moment when his covers blown and he has to make a quick decision. Granted, the option won't always be there.

Quote Originally Posted by S3R6i0 View Post
    I was thinking about when you shoot or stab people, the blood that gets left behind, how it should alert suspicion but at the same time able to be countered. Cleaning up the mess shouldn't necessarily involve 47 getting down on all foors and wiping everything thing down. It could be something as simple as an item found in the level that when used, magically erases all the blood from the floor and walls after a kill. Although, including a mop w/bucket that you have to push around and aim with the right stick to go over all the blood would add a quirky sense of realism, especially in levels with janitor closets.
    lolol the idea of turning 47 into a janitor is making me laugh my ass off!!!

"we need more lemon pledge"

cut to a scene of 47 going to walmart buying some lemon pledge from the nice cashier ... oh my discount card... here scan my head lololol

no offense to the people who like the idea of making 47 a "cleaner" but this will hopefully never happen

if you want to hide blood... DONT SHOOT THEM... snap their neck, use a syringe

or just whip out your lemon pledge and clean it yourself lololol

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mikom View Post
    What you dont seem to think about is that for every one of these periferal things they add in the game, the less time they have to actually focus on what is important. They found the formula in BM, no need to spend a whole lot of time on things that really doesnt add much. And if you've played Sniper Challenge, you know the agency has cleaners that help to clean things up if needed. Once again, he's Hitman, not a cleaner or James Bond.

Bloodtrails should be in the game, and should impact gameplay and putting in some small way to clean up those bloodtrails could be beneficial, but still, it's not necessary. Having the ability to ADD things is something else. Adding a fingerprint from someone to the murder weapon to let him take the fall for example. That's more of an interesting idea that could be more directly used in hits.
    That is true, I do want the new game to be fun and traditional so dont want them wasting time on to many things.

I think much like the disguise system this adds that same sort of guilty pleasure to the game without requiring to much effort? Maybe making it a simple qte or holding the buton for a given amount of time with a stock animation wouldnt be too much trouble.

Guards being able to see blood therefor 47 has an option to get rid of it definitely. I don't see why people wouldn't want that, it seem they want a blood money dlc.
    YOU'RE NOBODY TILL SOMEBODY KILLS YOU.

Like mcescher1 said, if you dont want the guards to see the blood, use a syringe.
    The bloodtrails is the price you pay for executiong a faster but more messy kill.

Quote Originally Posted by mikom View Post
    Like mcescher1 said, if you dont want the guards to see the blood, use a syringe.
    The bloodtrails is the price you pay for executiong a faster but more messy kill.
    Sometimes there's no time for a syringe. What if someone walked up on you or managed to run off? You have to neutralize the target before he manages to alert authorities. That's the point. Sometimes the gun is necessary, or should be. And I think enemies should be able to spot blood, and follow the trail to the hiding spot and discover the body. Whether or not Blood Money was like that, I also think the AI should react more aggressively. Like, if they find a janitor, security should run around looking for a unfamiliar janitor and the police should arrive.

And there should be a way to counter this.

Quote Originally Posted by S3R6i0 View Post
    Sometimes there's no time for a syringe. What if someone walked up on you or managed to run off? You have to neutralize the target before he manages to alert authorities. That's the point. Sometimes the gun is necessary, or should be. And I think enemies should be able to spot blood, and follow the trail to the hiding spot and discover the body. Whether or not Blood Money was like that, I also think the AI should react more aggressively. Like, if they find a janitor, security should run around looking for a unfamiliar janitor and the police should arrive.

And there should be a way to counter this.
    your idea is broad and confusing to me...

also be careful what you wish for... you don't know how this will affect the gameplay if they introduce something like this... my guess is it could make things messy and more complicated than it needs to be

keep it simple stupid (KISS)

I do not think 47 should be a "cleaner." If you make a messy kill, that is your fault for not calculating it correctly.

Exactly like HITMANfromHELL said. Also the counter is to use the syringe instead of the gun, that's where planning comes into play. You're making it too complicated.

Furthermore, having everyone drop what they're doing and calling police to come look for you will make it like Absolution, where instead of disguises you just covered behind obstacles and remained completely unseen all together. Covering and crawling through vents is NOT badass.

What's next? Having them lockdown the whole area as soon as they find an unconscious body? That's more realistic, but less fun.

How about instead of cleanup of a crime scene, you can tamper with it? Or more options to cause diversions?

You mean like I said higher up in the thread?
    "Having the ability to ADD things is something else. Adding a fingerprint from someone to the murder weapon to let him take the fall for example. That's more of an interesting idea that could be more directly used in hits."

Because, if that's what you mean, I agree. It's a good idea

i disagree - now your making it way more complicated than it needs to be - now 47 is carrying around a suitcase full of false evidence?? pieces of clothing, hats, 'framed' weapons

theres blood on the ground - 47 figuratively wraps the wound if its bleeding to much before he drags the person - then dumps the body away from the trail of blood... this way someone sees blood ... and thats all they have.. did someone cut themselves and go to get first aid?? what happend?? idk i don't see anything... maybe i should get someone to take a look at it.. or find out what happend dot dot dot

just because someone sees blood on the ground does not mean they will automatically think someone was murdered and they MUST find the body

some people are scared of that stuff and will ignore it.. move away from it... go tell someone... or have a janitor clean it up

in my opinion its a non-issue, if the developers are considering this in any way , my answer is.. give 47 a towel (shamwow.. i hear those things work great ) , but then you have to consider what if someone sees him wiping it up... does he think fast and say he cut himself ... or does the person pull out a gun and start shooting 47???

too much crap if you ask me... moving on!!

I didnt start this discussion, I think the game with the bloodtrails was good like it was in BM. I'm just saying that it's more interesting to me, the idea of framing someone, over the idea of cleaning stuff up with a shamwow. I didnt say he was going to carry around a basket full of dna or fingerprints. I was merely speculating more in the way of having a level where you had a fingerprint the client wanted you to put on the gun (for example) to frame someone he didnt like. A way of hitting two birds with one stone. Getting rid of one enemy by killing him, and the other by framing him for the murder.

But still, just speculation. I would be happy enough just having the bloodtrails as they worked in BM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post

in my opinion its a non-issue, if the developers are considering this in any way , my answer is.. give 47 a towel (shamwow.. i hear those things work great ) , but then you have to consider what if someone sees him wiping it up... does he think fast and say he cut himself ... or does the person pull out a gun and start shooting 47???

too much crap if you ask me... moving on!!
    I was thinking about this but even if he was in a custodian outfit it might seem strange that a man is cleaning up blood on the ground. Maybe if he is working on one puddle its ok but in an area covered in blood it instantly alerts guards. The custodian outfit could simply be a preorder bonus or maybe an unlockable for beating the game having 0 detection from bodies or evidence.

I was thinking about this because another nickname for a hitman is a cleaner. It seems to fit with the universe since he is a professional where if he made a mistake which can and does happen he is able to handle the mistake in a professional manner, I mean if he can drop like 30 bodies in a fountain and noone knows, cleaning up a blood stain shouldnt be a big deal.

Maybe just a hand towel wipe idea as one poster said, this way its just one animation. This would take longer than if the player equipped a mop say instead of a rifle to use during the contract or mission.

I'd be on board for cleaning up blood with a mop or a rag or something.

If blood alerts guards, let me mop it up. If you don't want to do it, you don't have to. But it's something you could really do, so why not?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Quajek View Post
    I'd be on board for cleaning up blood with a mop or a rag or something.

If blood alerts guards, let me mop it up. If you don't want to do it, you don't have to. But it's something you could really do, so why not?
    Agreed, being a professional, if a mistake is made they would know how to cleanup from a vast array of cleaning supplies. Such as if agent 47 is shot he could spray bleach on the blood to disable forensics from identifying him. Carrying different items, such as upgradeable rags that have different effects on cleanup would add a different element to the game. Leaving traces behind should penalize a player point wise since this game uses a score system like old 1970s atari games instead of a modern goal oriented approach.

Before talking about cleaning we have to understeand the importance of blood because once spilled out it has to remain all the time

It will be easy to make a system about cleaning floor (trail and shoe prints) we could ask for a "mop option" if there is a mop in the level (not bring it in the case!) and if 47 is outdoor you can use the "cover with sand option" (with a spade or a bucket if is in the level)

What about the blood on the walls how to clean it?
    And on the CLOTHES?

Before talking about this it must be decided how to set the blood in the game,
    For example if you ko someone with a bat on the head or if you cut a throat there will be a different spill of blood different amount of time to clean it, and different number of shoeprints if you step in the puddle

However I please ask for a blood set but I think clean system is not needed because if devs want to do it realistic the game will twist,

I dont want a multiplayer/coop mode and this kind of idea will fit better in a coopmode where one player is 47 and the other is contact curropt from the agency, 47 kill the taget the other clean and frame someone else. The other can bring the mop and other thing in the case

IMHO, I think this blood thing is way to complicated. I would rather IO improve the AI instead of using the time for insane blood effects.

Maybe your right. Although, I still think the NPC's should react accordingly if they walk into a slaughterhouse. Like, the police should arrive, along with ambulance and detectives. It'll definitely give you more incentive to take precaution. I didn't like how security would find a dead body and they just bagged him up like last night's garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    IMHO, I think this blood thing is way to complicated. I would rather IO improve the AI instead of using the time for insane blood effects.
    I agree, definitely. AI has been one thing that Hitman has never got perfectly right.

I don t get it. How can we talk about cleaning blood if we don t know the blood "behaviour" in the game.
    In wich way will this blood thing too complicated ?
    1- the blood has to remain all the time
    2- blood trail and blood shoeprints have to remain all the time
    3- If you spill too much blood from an enemy like if you stab him you obviously waste his disguise
    4- Use sedative syringe or sedative blowgun if you want a clean disguise

no offense to everyone in this thread.. but i think the 'blood cleanup' idea is terrible... just terrible

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast