Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crime scene cleanup?

Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    no offense to everyone in this thread.. but i think the 'blood cleanup' idea is terrible... just terrible
    That's what I think. The only ideas that might be good are the "blood on your disguise" and the pools of blood on the ground (which they have been doing). Everything else is pushing it. With the amount of bodies 47 drops, you'll be spending more time cleaning than having fun (unless you think constantly cleaning is fun...in that case, come to my house).

I totally understand why some people might like the concept of cleaning up a crime scene but personally, it'll get annoying quick.

Quote Originally Posted by agent047 View Post
    I don t get it. How can we talk about cleaning blood if we don t know the blood "behaviour" in the game.
    In wich way will this blood thing too complicated ?
    1- the blood has to remain all the time
    2- blood trail and blood shoeprints have to remain all the time
    3- If you spill too much blood from an enemy like if you stab him you obviously waste his disguise
    4- Use sedative syringe or sedative blowgun if you want a clean disguise
    This seems reasonable. I said the fact that you have to manual clean the blood stains, etc. can get complicated and risks breaking the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    This seems reasonable. I said the fact that you have to manual clean the blood stains, etc. can get complicated and risks breaking the game.
    It's easy. If you happen to be near a janitor's closet, there's a mop for the floor and a spray bottle for the walls. If you're not near a janitor's closet then you're out of luck. Otherwise, there's the fiber wire, syringes and neck snaps for clean kills. I think there should be situations when 47 is caught off guard and he has to shoot someone from across the room before they can run outside and alert everyone in a window of 3 seconds, and you end up with blood everywhere. I think the blood and a body found should summon the authorities, police, detectives, etc., impacting his rating and making 47's life a little harder completing his mission and escaping undetected.

At the very least, bullet holes and blood should ruin a disguise.

Not only that, what if 47 had an alternative option. To booby trap a hiding spot with an explosive. It would actually be kinda cool hearing a room explode as 47 walks out the front gate to escape.

I love the idea

Great idea. Already in blood money guards would body bag and remove them, they can improve on that

Just to give idea of how it might work, from GTA V...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH4QqXf6pU8

yeaaaaaaaaaa, that doesn't look like fun to me

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by S3R6i0 View Post
    Just to give idea of how it might work, from GTA V...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH4QqXf6pU8
    Watching that video, makes me think how awesome it would be like others said having this mechanic in the game. The whole play on words of how a hitman is known as a "cleaner", plays into this perfectly. The whole point is a hitman is a professional even if they make a mess, they leave no traces behind. I dont think this would be to complicated to implement as a gameplay element, its just cleaning up blood or a body that would be detected otherwise. Although if the body is cleaned up and blood left behind it would be amusing hearing the dialog of the NPC's about why there is randomly blood about. Random dialog is what always made the Hitmans great for alot of us so any excuse to add more random Dialog I support.

Booby trapping the body is a fun idea to, placing a grenade or proximity mine on them. That would lead to all kinds of strategery to us players. The heart and soul of hitman used to be planning and strategy.

i can't believe you people are fantasizing about being janitor's....

never thought i would see the day

"that would be awweeesome to use a mop!!!!!!" hey maybe the dev's should throw in a trip to the local grocery store... like where we just go and buy some cleaning supplies.. maybe with a cash back mastercard!!!! omg i hope he has a good interest rate though, phew that would be scary if he didn't

buttttt what kindddd of cleaning supplies does he buy i mean... the swiffer works good... but the coupon we had expired last week!!!! decisions decisions... bleach? no i think we have some at 47's base already... but weee dooo need toilet paper.. that mexican food last night really messed 47's stomach up... maybe we should get some pepto too, just in case

OK looks like we a ready to go kill!

Maybe at the end of a level you can pay a guy to clean your mess up, kinda like mike off of breaking bad.

i can't believe you people are fantasizing about being janitor's....

never thought i would see the day

"that would be awweeesome to use a mop!!!!!!" hey maybe the dev's should throw in a trip to the local grocery store... like where we just go and buy some cleaning supplies.. maybe with a cash back mastercard!!!! omg i hope he has a good interest rate though, phew that would be scary if he didn't

buttttt what kindddd of cleaning supplies does he buy i mean... the swiffer works good... but the coupon we had expired last week!!!! decisions decisions... bleach? no i think we have some at 47's base already... but weee dooo need toilet paper.. that mexican food last night really messed 47's stomach up... maybe we should get some pepto too, just in case

Don't be a douche bag! No one ever said anything about being a janitor. We're talking about realistic blood effects. Somebody in 47's line of work, in real life, sometimes, mistakes happen. We're just suggesting a way to counter an accident.

You obviously have no imagination and should stick to playing video games. Leave creativity to the grown ups, maggot.

Don't be a douche bag! No one ever said anything about being a janitor. We're talking about realistic blood effects. Somebody in 47's line of work, in real life, sometimes, mistakes happen. We're just suggesting a way to counter an accident.

You obviously have no imagination and should stick to playing video games. Leave creativity to the grown ups, maggot.
    The truth is that most of players won't treat sloshing blood as accident. I already can see H6's gameplays on YouTube, where players do complete carnage and then magically clean up a place with one wiper. It could make 47's work janitor indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by kewlak View Post
    The truth is that most of players won't treat sloshing blood as accident. I already can see H6's gameplays on YouTube, where players do complete carnage and then magically clean up a place with one wiper. It could make 47's work janitor indeed.
    That made absolutely no sense.

That made absolutely no sense.
    Yes, it does make sense.

Ha.
    signature image

That kind of language is unacceptable here, S3R6i0. And you know this, because you already received a number of infractions and a 2 week ban for this kind of thing before. This time you're banned for 3 months. Next time might be permanent.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

lol

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kewlak View Post
    Oddly in the gaming world, "cleanup" games have seen a sudden rise in recent popularity thanks to the Viscera Cleanup games. While Hitman isnt about cleaning things up like those games where you literally do clean up whole levels of carnage. Hitman should be more about cleaning up an isolated incident, though if the mechanic was in the game players would go through and clean the ENTIRE level if they wanted to taking the time to do so since some people do have fun doing that. Many players who enjoy that kind of gameplay might also enjoy doing cleanup while others would just leave the mess behind. I like the option of being a "cleaner" since its what a hitman does, they are ready to deal with any and all situations in a professional manner.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
    Oddly in the gaming world, "cleanup" games have seen a sudden rise in recent popularity thanks to the Viscera Cleanup games. While Hitman isnt about cleaning things up like those games where you literally do clean up whole levels of carnage. Hitman should be more about cleaning up an isolated incident, though if the mechanic was in the game players would go through and clean the ENTIRE level if they wanted to taking the time to do so since some people do have fun doing that. Many players who enjoy that kind of gameplay might also enjoy doing cleanup while others would just leave the mess behind. I like the option of being a "cleaner" since its what a hitman does, they are ready to deal with any and all situations in a professional manner.
    That's exactly what i've been talking about. But if IOI would give ability to clean up mess, players will definitely overuse it, making it look like being some housekeeper, what would suck. I think maybe reducing this ability somehow would do the trick?...
    But generally i'm against this idea. If players don't want blood, they can strangle opponents, or poison them. Giving players ability to clean up blood would simplify gameplay even more than in Blood Money.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Derangedxzombie View Post
    Great idea. Already in blood money guards would body bag and remove them, they can improve on that
    Its not really a new idea that I posted but wanted to add a suggestion to improve on a mechanic alot of players enjoyed. Kept things intense because cleaning something up can be tense worrying if someone will come, or for the professional player lets them clean up a mistake which is what a professional would do irl.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
    Its not really a new idea that I posted but wanted to add a suggestion to improve on a mechanic alot of players enjoyed. Kept things intense because cleaning something up can be tense worrying if someone will come, or for the professional player lets them clean up a mistake which is what a professional would do irl.
    Just takin' out the trash officers!

no offense to everyone in this thread.. but i think the 'blood cleanup' idea is terrible... just terrible
    yes I agree.it's terrible

I gotta say some people take the word 'cleaner' way too seriously. Cleaner as in people remover is what it should mean. Also, leaving no traces behind is the overenthousiasm we the gamers have made of 47.
    I think the main point of 47's job isn't to leave no traces whatsoever. But to avoid leaving any traces connecting himself or the agency to the contract. I've seen it several times in trailers (if I remember correctly), that whoever gets in his way is dead. He leaves behind blood and carnage. But know one knows who did it or why. That entire, kill noone using a gun is what we the fans have made. 47 isn't known for fiberwiring only. But for being able to complete a task anyway he wants and leave no connections behind. No cleanup of mistakes, 47 adapts. The agency can send real cleaners to finish up.

So what I'm saying is, while I myself don't really like the idea anymore, I still can't deny that its an interesting concept that can maybe grow into something more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12