Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 47 as a character

Ok guys calm down. I guess the point is clear. Arvin, with your last couple of comments you are agreeing that he is pretty emotionless. And in turn you are agreeing that he isn't some kind of fighter for justice (which is why its still being debated here).
    In your own words, 47 is neither good nor evil. He does what he has to do. Not for justice, but simply because its what he does.

-I'm almost finished with the first novel now (Enemy within). Its a surprising good read. If you haven't read it yet I recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRahx View Post
    Ok guys calm down. I guess the point is clear. Arvin, with your last couple of comments you are agreeing that he is pretty emotionless. And in turn you are agreeing that he isn't some kind of fighter for justice (which is why its still being debated here).
    In your own words, 47 is neither good nor evil. He does what he has to do. Not for justice, but simply because its what he does.

-I'm almost finished with the first novel now (Enemy within). Its a surprising good read. If you haven't read it yet I recommend it.
    finally some one understanding what i'm saying
    and thanks for recommand that novel.But I usually snoop around anything that matters to hitman.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin47 View Post
    I said 10 times ago..............I played all hitman series.and i say for 11th time i played all hitman series and i'm not talking about absolution forget absolution i'm talking about past titles.now if you read damnation you understand he is a good guy!!!
    I've read whole Damnation. I suppose you talking about (novel spoiler ahead)
    I would say he isn't able to feel something higher than "likeness", what doesn't make him a "good guy".
    You apparently forget he kills for money, what rather isn't ethical. I think any other "higher" reason like deliver justice would make him more like fanatic, than calculating strategist.

EDIT:
    But i admit 47 isn't so evil, and there are more evil fictitious murderers. Even some of his targets are more evil, what isn't flaw to me.
    Last edited by kewlak; 11-07-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kewlak View Post
    I've read whole Damnation. I suppose you talking about (novel spoiler ahead)
    I would say he isn't able to feel something higher than "likeness", what doesn't make him a "good guy".
    You apparently forget he kills for money, what rather isn't ethical. I think any other "higher" reason like deliver justice would make him more like fanatic, than calculating strategist.

EDIT:
    But i admit 47 isn't so evil, and there are more evil fictitious murderers. Even some of his targets are more evil, what isn't flaw to me.
    I agree.

I think the themes of 47ís humanity are important for the character. He wasnít born the same as us, nor was he raised in an environment where emotion was encouraged. He was raised in a brutal environment where attachments and emotion were violently frowned upon. His pet rabbit was taken from him because it stirred human emotion in him. He clearly has emotion. Heís displayed affection, remorse, anger, etcetera in the game series prior to Absolution, so itís not exactly shocking that encountering someone who he can relate to on such a high level would summon up empathy like Victoria did.

The differences he has from a normal person are why heís so detached from everyone else. He doesnít have a mother, and the closest thing he had to a father only saw him as a tool to remove problems. Heís capable of having friends like Vittorio and Diana, though they are very distant or professional relationships. Heís capable of caring for a pet, but if said pet becomes a liability he will eliminate them.

47 has emotion, he just doesnít know how to react to said emotions. This does not mean heís not cold, calculating, and extremely deadly, but itís a very important part of his character and is what makes him interesting. If heís simply a murder machine then thereís no distinction between him and the Mr. 48 line of clones, who didnít have emotion or free will.

As for the morality of what he does, that depends on your personal ethics. He clearly has an idea of what he views as right and wrong, but it's not what ultimately guides him as a character. He's a consummate professional who's devoted to his craft, and as such he cares more about his professional ethics than broader morality. After all, his craft is one that most people would find morally repugnant.
    signature image
    "@[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg"

Quote Originally Posted by Master Taffer View Post
    I think the themes of 47’s humanity are important for the character. He wasn’t born the same as us, nor was he raised in an environment where emotion was encouraged. He was raised in a brutal environment where attachments and emotion were violently frowned upon. His pet rabbit was taken from him because it stirred human emotion in him. He clearly has emotion. He’s displayed affection, remorse, anger, etcetera in the game series prior to Absolution, so it’s not exactly shocking that encountering someone who he can relate to on such a high level would summon up empathy like Victoria did.

The differences he has from a normal person are why he’s so detached from everyone else. He doesn’t have a mother, and the closest thing he had to a father only saw him as a tool to remove problems. He’s capable of having friends like Vittorio and Diana, though they are very distant or professional relationships. He’s capable of caring for a pet, but if said pet becomes a liability he will eliminate them.

47 has emotion, he just doesn’t know how to react to said emotions. This does not mean he’s not cold, calculating, and extremely deadly, but it’s a very important part of his character and is what makes him interesting. If he’s simply a murder machine then there’s no distinction between him and the Mr. 48 line of clones, who didn’t have emotion or free will.

As for the morality of what he does, that depends on your personal ethics. He clearly has an idea of what he views as right and wrong, but it's not what ultimately guides him as a character. He's a consummate professional who's devoted to his craft, and as such he cares more about his professional ethics than broader morality. After all, his craft is one that most people would find morally repugnant.
    yeah he have some emotions but he have not some other emotions.for example anger is what a killer need or being capable to being friend with some guys who are helping him.....but what i say is don't bring useless and worthless emotions to 47's personality.for example love or se*uality is not emotions that a killer needs.one of that things that is worthy for us in his character is that 47 don't have se*uality.for example some of women in a dance with devil level say to him:hey there s*xy.and he don't care and keep walking to kill his target...and it make him cold and interesting.
    Last edited by Arvin47; 11-09-2014 at 04:40 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123